We need to sign a proper striker

Defoe still has a part to play in our team based of what we seen from him last. I don't understand why he doesn't get SOME game time, I don't particularly believe he's dropped off so suddenly in training either. I'm not on the "hes too old" brigade either because those same people said that last time without realising he was our best striker in a goals to games pov and carried us through the hard month and a half.

Last time he had a run in the team was when Morelos was out in January 1.5 years ago. He single handedly won those games for us scoring in something like all but 1 he played in, the problem then was he was playing too much and getting injured easily (as you'd expect at his age), but he still had goals in him when he played.

I get he might not be able to play every week or every 2nd week but surely there's some games we can bring him on as a sub to get the goals in. Today would have been one of those games.
He was the best finisher at the My Gers training event on Thursday and by a considerable distance. Sakala was very erratic and Morelos was a mixed bag.

Has to be the number goal in January. Need to stop just bolstering the squad. We should sell 3 squad players and invest in a better goal scorer.

Sell
Barker
Simpson
Wright

Buy a number 9
You think we would get a good fee and remove the wages of all of them?

Simpson only been here since January so to sell him a year later who will actually pay a fee?

Wright deserves time, Barker has been available a while and no takers.

Clubs are only going to pay for our good players and even at that, most of them are well off it for some reason

You’re talking nonsense.
Our strikers are good quality but just not firing at the moment.
Our strikers are not top quality, we need consistency from our front men, at the moment we don't have that. Morelos should have had a brace today, that was poor finishing, we need a more clinical approach in front of goal

Our strikers are not top quality, we need consistency from our front men, at the moment we don't have that. Morelos should have had a brace today, that was poor finishing, we need a more clinical approach in front of goal
I disagree. Roofe is top class just can't play the lone striker role. Morelos can but is not a very composed finisher. IMO we have brought in players that do not fit into our system or are not good enough.

We do not play a system that affords a poacher. Which is why Morelos is playing deeper.
Its the system that the management are operating, its not a problem with the players in the positions.

Exactly even if we signed Haland we’d end up having him playing as a 10…

Has to be the number goal in January. Need to stop just bolstering the squad. We should sell 3 squad players and invest in a better goal scorer.

Sell
Barker
Simpson
Wright

Buy a number 9
Not arguing with you, but out the ones you have selected, how much funds do you think we would raise, for a 'proper' striker?

Buy a number 9
Rangers create a lot of chances in the box and have loads of possession in and around the box. We need someone who can score the penalty box goals and while theyre not doing that theyre at least in the box and pulling defenders around to create space for others.

Morelos has been an excellent player but I think its obvs we need something different now and he himself appears to be less and less interested in Rangers.

Please no more wide players posing as strikers, just buy a real 9.

I would like to see Roofe, Kent and Hagi getting a run of games together. We also need to give Sakala more game time.

Roofe has to play because at the moment you know Morelos needs 5 or 6 chances to take one.

They wanted £5m for him in the summer.

Absolutely mental money for a player of that quality, and thankfully we aren’t that daft.
If a player get you 20-25 goals every season then he is worth every penny

I think Nisbet scores plenty if he plays in our team

Most week Morelos puts one or two of them away. Every striker has a game like that that nothing goes right. But yeah, let’s throw him to 3rd choice and ignore all the goals he’s won games for us scoring. Early hours Sunday is special madness on here

Roofe is class and puts a shift in not a poacher but a first pick in the starting line up for me id fancy him to take a chance also everytime in front of alfie at the moment.

Most week Morelos puts one or two of them away. Every striker has a game like that that nothing goes right. But yeah, let’s throw him to 3rd choice and ignore all the goals he’s won games for us scoring. Early hours Sunday is special madness on here
When was the last time most weeks he was scoring 1 or 2 im afraid hes a long way of that at the moment the way hes playing and finishing.

When was the last time most weeks he was scoring 1 or 2 im afraid hes a long way of that at the moment the way hes playing and finishing.
The week before last when he scored against Hibs and Livi. Short memories on here

So Morelos is now not a top striker? He is badly out of form in front of goal, but a few weeks ago we could still get 20 million, then it was 10 million…. Guess now he is out the door for what we can get as he is no good. My word. What happened to hitting the bench and get the fire back up over a few games and look at our other options, be it Defoe, Roofe, Sakala, maybe a youth player? But let’s not say he is not a top striker due to a bad run. Rationality required!

Nisbet at Hibs - not saying he's not alright, but 5m? Not a chance. They'll get somewhere in that ballpark from a championship team though.

You've got to be shitting me.

He wasn't good enough before, he's still not good enough now.

Who was that other similarly shite player that some on here had a hard on for, went down south, did nothing. Moult? Cosgrove? Either of them. Either way, just no.
Don't forget the boy that left Dundee Utd.

You've got to be shitting me.

He wasn't good enough before, he's still not good enough now.

Who was that other similarly shite player that some on here had a hard on for, went down south, did nothing. Moult? Cosgrove? Either of them. Either way, just no.
I didnt say anything about the 2 players you mentioned but id totally disagree that dykes is shite hes carrying Scotland all the way to the WC and keeping Clarke in a job he should have left ages ago.

Not something to worry about anyway the 10m quote above is probably not far away from his value.

I think we need a powerful striker though i wouldnt sign someone like Nisbet agree with your other post.

TS

Sell
Barker
Simpson
Wright

Buy a number 9
This new number 9 will make no difference unless he is told to play like a 9 and stop spending half the game looking like a midfield player or being told to drift out wide.

I remember playing a much stronger Hearts side at Ibrox a number of years ago who competed well on the day. We won 2-0 purely due to Kris Boyd. He didn’t get a fraction of the adoration Alfie gets but his goals from half chances won us game after game.
The good old days when strikers were played as strikers and goal scoring was their prime objective. I remember that. It was a novel quaint idea, whoever would have thought it? You and I my friend belong to an ancient romantic past.

Would be testing HIVS resolve for Nisbet.
If we can finance the deal , think they turned down a good wad of cash for him last Jan.
Why? He’s scored 2 league goals this season and he’s probably about English league 1 standard.

We bought Itten in the summer of 2020 for £2.7m then a year later send him out on loan.

Roofe came in that summer too.

Defoe, Itten, Roofe, Morelos along with Sakala and still we struggle to find the net. That’s more resources than any other side in Scotland. Throw in Hagi, Kent, Wright, Aribo, Bacuna and Arfield.

Eddie Nketiah on a pre contract in January or Josh Maja looks like he may be available on a loan to buy type deal

Last edited:
We bought Itten in the summer of 2020 for £2.7m then a year later send him out on loan.

Roofe came in that summer too.

Defoe, Itten, Roofe, Morelos along with Sakala and still we struggle to find the net. That’s more resources than any other side in Scotland. Throw in Hagi, Kent, Wright, Aribo, Bacuna and Arfield.
Exactly,we have plenty quality in our squad. So the issues are elsewhere..management. simple as that.

Exactly,we have plenty quality in our squad. So the issues are elsewhere..management. simple as that.

I agree to some extended RE; management (use of substitutions yesterday as an example) but it’s not on Gerrard that Morelos is missing a sitter from 2 yards.

We bought Itten and didn’t play to his strengths. £2.7m on a striker who we ship out on loan a year letter is poor business.

Sell
Barker
Simpson
Wright

Buy a number 9
Not sure I agree with selling wright. But can't argue against the Barker or Simpson.

Our best goalscorer is roofe, movement and finishing better than morelos imo. Morelos is too static in the box at times. Morelos game has slightly changed where he does alot more hold up play.

If I were to invest in the team I'd be starting at the back. Goldson looks like he's for the off, helander our best CB but looks like he could be injury prone

Back