We need to start looking in Eastern Europe

There is certainly plenty of talent in Eastern Europe. I must get about 10 emails a day from young talent seeking ahem employment.

Sasa Papac, Arveladze, Petric, Jelavic , Amato and Weiss...

All have had success and hopefully Morelos lives up to his early promise.
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.
You're both right, I was wrong. I guess I didn't think that one through. My opinion was based on an old prejudice I had against players I thought were mercenary and culturally unsuited to life in Scottish football. Plenty of evidence to the contrary.

It's a fair cop, Guv'.

The FM database is already used by Prozone, so you're not far off

Ha ha, i know plenty good players in fm but my target Mike Jensen i seen playing a few times and against Celtic and he was brilliant, shame the rest of the team where not on his level.

Surely hard Brexit means we can sign Brazilians without work permit issues?

:)

In reality of course NO-ONE has ever suggested stopping immigration, especially talented people with a job to go to...we won't see footballers 'banned' from entry. Scaremongering.

JJ should know the Scandinavian and possibly Baltic leagues from his time in Tallinn. I assume he will keep an active interest in them

Surely hard Brexit means we can sign Brazilians without work permit issues?

:)

In reality of course NO-ONE has ever suggested stopping immigration, especially talented people with a job to go to...we won't see footballers 'banned' from entry. Scaremongering.

You havent bothered to read the article, have you? It tells us there are no certainties over what employment/immigration rules might be in place come end of March next year. It might be business as usual, most likely though not and, if the latter, why should the government prioritise football over say agriculture or the health service?

Football could well be one the casualties in the brave new world of unintended consequences arising from the basket case that is Brexit.

Problem is the market is all but cornered.

Ilicic would have been known long before he moved, and would he choose us over Serie A Palermo? Maybe.

We should definitely be looking at these markets - but they're busy now. Sweden - The young fella on the right of my avatar should have been a Ranger (And would have been if PLG got his way) but the equivalents in today's Allsvenskan (Kerim Mrabti - £60k, Felix Beijmo - £300k for starters) are probably already out of our reach due to Bundesliga and Dutch clubs cornering the market.

So in short, we need to be there but I fear we're 15-20 years too late.

One major advantage we have is that if the players are not yet ready for the bundesliga, we give them instant exposure to British football and a clear and frequently trodden path to the riches of England from a higher level than where they are, but lower than they want to be. We can use that for players not yet good enough for the German top flight. No Rangers fan wants us to be a selling club or stepping stone but I would like to think we all understand that for the foreseeable future, it is the way to go.

Reactions: TQ3
Should be looking at Partizan and Red Star Belgrade players. Constantly proudue cracking players

Red Star owe us one ;)

rathu0.jpg[

It's a no brainer that we should be looking in the Balkans & Northern Europe. Tho a problem I can see is Brexit, as with the two African lads mentioned that play for Slavia Prague & guys from non EU countries is visas.

The 'best signings' were either already in the pipeline (Dorrans), local and presumably scouted by club (Jack) or JJ's superb find in Morelos. Not sure MA has had time yet but didn't he have a hand in Elton's loan spell with us?

There are a few gems in Scandinavia, €500k could land some real decent players, each of course.

Nordic countries would be a place to look at, even lower Argentinian/Brasillian clubs even in the lower leagues would be worth a check could find some gem there.

I'm not being silly here that video is nothing compared to the one on Pena before he signed.
I have seen the boy in the flesh - and he's a big strong boy. Can play in midfield or centre half.

Work permit shouldn't be a problem - as he's an international.

Also, like Morelos, probably less of a risk than Pena - as he's already playing for a team outwith is homeland. So, more chance of him adapting quicker.

Deli is also a big strong boy. 25, 6ft 4in, bit of class about him at the back too.

Ngadeu is a Cameroon international. Deli is Ivory Coast international.

Back