We need to win the Scottish cup

SC is a must win this year in my eyes. League is all but over bar a total miracle and EL is a nice distraction. SG needs a piece of silverware.

The only thing we should fear at tyncastle is ourselves.
Hearts are shite , but it’s the attitude of our players that’s the problem.

Last thing we need is a replay.
Tell you what - I would take a replay right now! League is done so it wont affect that. We are going to Tynecastle where we have been ragdolled in the last two visits. We are relying on Morelos to score who at the moment is in his worst form since signing. Our best player today - Kamberi - cant play and our defence is leaking like a sieve. Damn right I'd take a draw!

Wont mean much to me.

It's ALL about the league.
Rubbish, a cup is a cup. Yes the league is the pinnacle of what we can win domestically but no one can try and tell me they dont want Rangers to lose a cup final and every cup game is a final. We want to win every competition we enter.

Manager, players, support and the club need a trophy.

The Scottish Cup would give us that. A lift, a taste of success which should make the players hungrier and more driven. It would help towards the bottlers, lack of winning mentality comments too. Gerrard's first in management.

We've also got to stop the rot, a quadruple treble as two trophy less seasons under Gerrard resulting in them winning every thing doesn't breed confidence heading into 2020/21 season - which is massive for a number of reasons.

To spend £20,000,000 and end up with 0 out 6 trophies in arguably the least competitive top league in Europe if not the world right now is dreadful to put it mildly.

I don’t see how that breeds any kind of confidence going into arguably one of our biggest seasons ever next season.

We don’t stop ten then we are looking at 11,12,13 in a row type scenario on our hands.

If we can’t beat a woeful Hearts team then I can’t see Gerrard being here next season. He won’t be sacked but I don’t think he’ll hang around if offered a job down south to be blunt.

As much as it’s all about the league we need silver wear. My 17 year old son has only seen us win one trophy.... petrofac cup. That really is depressing as fcuk!!!

I don't see a cup win or a strong finish happening, a failure to win the cup or not having a miraculous extended Europa run then if we're not flying come July/August then September is already a dangerous ingredient for the players and management. They don't seem to have the cojones under a bit of pressure in February 2 years running and dread to think how much more toxic things can become next year

Scottish cup win would obviously be nice but it will only compensate us coming in 2nd if the gap in the league is closed.

We need to win silverware as soon as so the Scottish cup is an opportunity to do it but I must admit it will be little comfort unless it’s won by beating the filth by a few goals and even then it’s second prize to what we badly want to win. Sorry to be so negative but it’s how I feel about the situation, we’ve got another cage fight with Hearts to overcome first and you cannot trust ALL our guys to be up for it.

No, i'm asking you who the 2 we will play up front is. You see change in the air so I'm curious what you think that will be.

I thought the combination of Alfie and Kamberi showed tremendous potential for the 30 minutes or so yesterday. Previously, I’m not sure if Morales has looked as if he could play effectively with a partner.

Rubbish, a cup is a cup. Yes the league is the pinnacle of what we can win domestically but no one can try and tell me they dont want Rangers to lose a cup final and every cup game is a final. We want to win every competition we enter.
Nobody said anybody wants to lose it, of course we all want to win it but it wont mean much as they seal their 9 in a row.

Plenty of the smaller clubs have won cups.

It's ALL about the league title.

We need something tangible for Gerrard's work up to date. And maybe instill some kind of winning mentality in our players for future battles. Going further in Europe would be very handy, but at the minute good Euro performance isn't equating to good SPL performance. Breaks your heart watching our players struggle with basic long balls, flick ons etc, against essentially semi pro level dumplings.

Hearts will be our 4th game since they last played, they are crap, but they will be fresh and up for it.

Back