We probably need to score two over there

two2tango

Official Ticketer
To go through

we will get chances with their high line

going to be some game

wonder what tactical changes we will implement

3 at the back?

the positive for me is Gerrard now has 6 days to prepare after seeing Braga in the flesh

we also cannot play as bad as that again

it’s still gunna be a long shot but we have gave ourselves a chance and the last 30 mins show that Braga can be rattled

Hopefully they play the way they did in the last half hour.

I must be honest, I’m not positive but never know.

Play like we played in porto and we go through , we will score over there im sure of it , they look good going forward but very shaky at the back morelos will be a miss but hopefully stewart or kamberi step up

We won't be as bad as we were in the first hour of last night again.

I hope.

Definitely capable of a draw and I hope Kamberi is capable of filling Alfies role.

the positive for me is Gerrard now has 6 days to prepare after seeing Braga in the flesh

we also cannot play as bad as that again

it’s still gunna be a long shot but we have gave ourselves a chance and the last 30 mins show that Braga can be rattled
Braga were very good in the first hour, but don't forget we had a number of very good chances, mostly through Morelos, with a couple of other very good breakaways just lacking final ball, eg, Morelos cross to Kent before their first goal.

All is not lost and they'll know they're in a game.

Braga just need a 1-0 win to go through. I'm treating the return as a one off game in which we must win, even if any draw will eventually suit us.

We don't need to score any over there.

Keep a clean sheet and we're through. Walter Smith-style tactics will get us into the last 16.

the fact we came from 2 down will give us great confidence and we know we can get at them, they will be aware of that, they are a cracking side, i expect them to score but we definitely are capable of scoring.

I think we'll need to score too but they are at home & have to win the game. There will be opportunities for us on the break.

11 men behind the ball and look for opportunities to counter.

Let’s be honest, Gerrard isn’t going to budge from the 4-3-3. There will be thousands of noisy Bears in the stands, we just need to go out there and treat it as a one off game of football by trying for the win in 90 mins.

I was impressed with how quick braga were to keep game flowing, they also knocked it around their own 6 yard box with confidence.

I believe we can still go through as long as we defend well, press at right times and are clinical.

Honestly feel last night was the harder of the 2 legs. Put yourself in Braga’s shoes next week - do you go gung-ho or shut the back door and try for a 1-0? It’s not easy as we’ve found out many times. Predict a score draw.

I wonder if the 5 central midfielders plan that failed against the scum will get a reprise?

I don't think we're capable of defending any game out although might be a game for Gorgeous George as Brahim Hemdani.

I think we can get goals I thought their defence bar their goalkeeper who was class were dodgy when we got in behind them, we need to push up on them and take chances I also thought they tired quickly second half as we grew stronger.

As has been said already, avoid defeat and we are in the last 16. Our squad is more than capable of going over there and getting a draw. When I look at it that way I’m overly confident. Score first and we’re in the driving seat.

We need to draw or win is all I know.
Hopefully we can put a few past St Johnstone and go there with some confidence

The last couple of years mean I'm confident that this management and coaching team can put a plan together that gets us a result in Europe.

If they had stormed back from 3-0 to 3-2 they’d be on a high. Last night they know we can’t play much worse for a full hour of the game, and they conceded 3 goals with other chances.

It’s got to be in their heads how resilient we are and who knows how the next game pans out, it doesn’t automatically follow that it’ll have the same flow to it.

We will need a Walteresque performance to get through this I think...

McGregor

Edmundson

Barisic
Goldson
Katic
Tavernier

Jack
Davis

Hagi
Kent

Kamberi

Aye, aye. I know it's a bit mental but we'll be backs to the wall and trying to nick a goal on the break!

You are probably right because they score goals. However at one point last night I thought we need about 5 over there

We are not “shutting up Shoo” or parking the bus and going through, we do that and they will beat us. We have seen how they react to pressure and pressing and I think that is our only chance of going through, we will need to score.

I'd go with our usual back 4, with Jack, Davis and Edmundson sitting in front of them, with Aribo floating between midfield and attack, Hagi in front and Kamberi up top.

Need to attack.

I’d love to see us be able to go with a 3 at the back that can change to a 5 immediately, feel like we need that extra security.

We’re not good enough to sit and defend with a 433 for 90 minutes against them.

I'd be tempted to play Kent and Jones up front and try to expose them again with the ball over the top.

If anything their defensive line will be even higher considering what happened last night and I think we will get chances.

They seemed to have a physicality about them that we couldn’t match

Faster, taller, longer legs type of stuff

If we go over there thinking about holding a lead against that mob we’ve got little to no chance

I don’t think we should change much of how we played last night

Kamara will drop out and we’ll miss Morelos for sure.....okay things never came off for Morelos last night but the amount of time he straddled the high line and broke through with his movement was unbelievable against that caliber of opposition

Kent can do it as well but he severely lacks Morelos physicality to hold up play or shrug off a tackle

I think we go guns blazing.....%^*& this trying to hold onto a lead....if we go out we go out.....no shame in that but we’ve got a better chance if don’t allow them wave after wave of attack

Back