We should be extremely worried about the attitude of this team.

The manager is pandering to every problem Morelos causes. Discipline, childish tantrums, off field issues. He is overweight and off form that much is clear.

Drop him.
I tend to agree. Lack of options for next weekend though unless Defoe fit to play.

Look at what a loan player from Hibs done he put them all to shame he wanted it he was hungry running his heart out did the dirty work.

Something is very wrong in that dressing room and I don’t think that can be questioned
They’re knackered. Europe’s done us no favours this season, over reliance on most of our key players, poor depth of squad. We were told we would have 2 quality players for each position in the team. The manager clearly doesn’t trust those that should be able to step in otherwise (I hope) he would have used the squad better.

They’re knackered. Europe’s done us no favours this season, over reliance on most of our key players, poor depth of squad. We were told we would have 2 quality players for each position in the team. The manager clearly doesn’t trust those that should be able to step in otherwise (I hope) he would have used the squad better.
I dont really buy the depth of squad argument.

We have enough in the squad, not even accounting for those out on loan, to be able to make certain changes for certain games.

There are proven SPL players like Stewart, Docherty, McCrorie who could be part of the squad who could come in for certain games.

Hastie is another one who could contribute from time to time given a chance.

They cant be any worse than what were serving up just now

The attitude stinks, also worrying is the fact Gerrard can’t seem to do anything about it, that and his stubbornness to play the same bloody way every game.
Something is deeply wrong behind the scenes at the club.

I tend to agree. This isn’t just a few bad results, it’s a sustained period of around 10 or 12 games where we haven’t managed to play with anything like the fluidity and intensity we were before the winter break.

Players look lethargic and uninterested and that’s a huge worry because the manager clearly isn’t managing to turn it around from game to game.

It does worryingly have the feel of players downing tools and you have to ask why that is.

I tend to agree. This isn’t just a few bad results, it’s a sustained period of around 10 or 12 games where we haven’t managed to play with anything like the fluidity and intensity we were before the winter break.

Players look lethargic and uninterested and that’s a huge worry because the manager clearly isn’t managing to turn it around from game to game.

It does worryingly have the feel of players downing tools and you have to ask why that is.
Because when the pressure is on they cant handle, physically or mentally, what is required in this league to play for Rangers.

T
Because when the pressure is on they cant handle, physically or mentally, what is required in this league to play for Rangers.
That theory doesn't stack up for me. They handled the pressure of the piggery just fine. They also handled the pressure of qualifying for the Europa knock out stage fine. Their attitude since the winter break has been honking. Something has changed that.

The attitude of the management team also needs addressed it's the same Rangers ... sorry Liverpool script week in week out and it's slowly killing us domestically.

The players went into there self imposed comfort zone after the 29th December and have chucked it again this season.

It can all be addressed but the work starts now with a view to the summer and the planning for next season.

T

That theory doesn't stack up for me. They handled the pressure of the piggery just fine. They also handled the pressure of qualifying for the Europa knock out stage fine. Their attitude since the winter break has been honking. Something has changed that.
Winning at the skunk dome, in a way, is the easier bit as there was no "expectation" more hope that we could beat them.

Dealing with the expectation and demand and dispensing of the jobbers routinely week to week thereafter is where they cant handle it.

Rumour that SG promised he could leave in winter break, then reneged.

Rumour mind
He can leave no problem in the summer.

20m and he can go. As much as a bargain he was his attitude right now is ridiculous. Tantrums in both Braga and yesterdays games, missing sitters and he is clearly overweight.

Look at what a loan player from Hibs done he put them all to shame he wanted it he was hungry running his heart out did the dirty work.

Something is very wrong in that dressing room and I don’t think that can be questioned

You just need to look at our activity over January's transfer window.

Jones - Clear attempt to empty on loan - dropped from the European squad - on the bench and unused - despite Kent in poor form.

Ojo - Gerard clearly has had enough - not quoted since the start of the New Year.

Barker - As above

So we have 3 wide players available at a time Kent is dire - not being considered. Our tactics have went to playing 5 centre midfielders and no wide players (Kent is hiding giving us no width) yet we refuse to use the 3 players above.

Kamberi in and Greg Stewart again overlooked and not given opportunity until the last 5 minutes.

Edmundson - raved about - has a bad game and binned.

All these players are in the dressing room - and will hardly be the most focused - such attitudes affects the others - who know they ain't under pressure anymore.

I dont really buy the depth of squad argument.

We have enough in the squad, not even accounting for those out on loan, to be able to make certain changes for certain games.

There are proven SPL players like Stewart, Docherty, McCrorie who could be part of the squad who could come in for certain games.

Hastie is another one who could contribute from time to time given a chance.

They cant be any worse than what were serving up just now
I’m not disagreeing with you. More than a few who are a cut above most of the rest of the SPL but for one reason or another Gerrard hasn’t been playing them and the 1st pick 11 are burned out.

I am not going to lie

I am worried about the attitude from the CEO , To the manager, to the coaching staff, to the players.

Top to bottom at this minute and since the end of December, I am worried about all of their attitudes.

Rumour that SG promised he could leave in winter break, then reneged.

Rumour mind

The Rumour is nonsense,

Morelos and Gerrard were well aware unless it was a huge bid, he was going nowhere in January and both were happy with that.

He didn't play bar 1 bounce game in near on a month, and joined up late with the side with an injury, he is still not match fit by the looks which is a disgrace no matter which way you look at it,.

I also think (and this is only my opinion) off the field events are having an effect, and the lack of support from the club and manager is an issue - being told if you want to go out for a meal you would be best travelling 60 miles east isn't exactly backing the player against the racial abuse and continued attacks from the media.

Someone said on another thread every game for Rangers is a cup final which I agree with. Guys like Murphy, McCrorie, Docherty, Stewart will all know this properly.

Not saying they are the answer, but there are a few who look like they have been told they have the weekend off but are called in at the last minute.

There simply can’t be the drop we are currently seeing. Other teams can perhaps get away with it but not us. The cowering lambs (not just sheepy) turn into snarling wolves when the Rangers come calling.

Let’s be honest here, he is not incredible. He scored goals at the start of the season and bully’s defenders. He’s not got an ounce of dribbling ability or footballing intelligence
I beg to differ. Have you missed him dribbling past players and creating his own chances coming off the right wing? He's not the best finisher which has cost us recently and should be lifting the ball over oncoming keepers but let's not make stuff up. I'm more concerned about the fact that the two guys with anything approaching form right now are loanees who weren't in Dubai. Is that coincidence?

I beg to differ. Have you missed him dribbling past players and creating his own chances coming off the right wing? He's not the best finisher which has cost us recently and should be lifting the ball over oncoming keepers but let's not make stuff up. I'm more concerned about the fact that the two guys with anything approaching form right now are loanees who weren't in Dubai. Is that coincidence?
Morelos joined Dubai late btw.

Can you tell me the last time he dribbled past someone like you are describing? My memory tells me it was against Hibs at Ibrox months ago

Can you tell me the last time he dribbled past someone like you are describing? My memory tells me it was against Hibs at Ibrox months ago
I never said Morelos wasn't in Dubai. I said our two loanees are our form players and weren't in Dubai, obviously. Morelos goes by people coming off the right wing with ease but he's off form like every other player in the team since December. So if Morelos done it against Hibs why say he can't do it? Make up your mind.

I never said Morelos wasn't in Dubai. I said our two loanees are our form players and weren't in Dubai, obviously. Morelos goes by people coming off the right wing with ease but he's off form like every other player in the team since December. So if Morelos done it against Hibs why say he can't do it? Make up your mind.
Because he is incredibly inconsistent. He’s been here for a few years now and has constantly only been on form for a couple of months at most. Not good enough imo. If you think it’s good enough then that’s fine but I certainly don’t

Somethings wrong

the togetherness at the piggery was a joy to watch there is none of that now

they all look like they are towing caravans

Nothing wrong with the players attitude. Difference between playing bad, not getting a break and not giving a toss.

I was extremely worried about it last season and if anything it's got worse. How can you not start with a tempo and willingness to get at St Johnstone from the start yesterday? They know what's at stake. They're attitude is a joke. From Morelos to Tav you don't know know which one is going to start crying first. That's what they look like.

Not sure we can say that there’s something wrong in the dressing room. Look at the come back against braga?

We aren’t approaching league games with the team set up right. Teams have figured us out and we need to change up to counter that at times.

You’ve got to add to that the player form. Players who were excellent the first half of the season are poor the second half. Gerrard needs to see that and change it, the whole team needs to be considered based on form and performance.
As much as I enjoyed Braga we got very very lucky and could easily have been humped.

The problem is Gerrard and the coaching team, not the players as a group.

This is a very narrow minded answer.

The problem is much broader than just Gerrard and the coaching team, the OP is right the attitude of these players has to be serious questioned in recent week.

How about the previous two matches against the poets? At hampden in particular he absolutely roasted them on numerous occasions. Granted his finishing was awful but he left those 2 centre halves for dead a number of times

Is the answer. As underdogs we're fine. Without expectation we're fine. Any pressure at all? Complete collapse. Every time.

Elaborate

Two years on the bounce the team has collapsed after travelling abroad on the winter break.
Inflexible tactics.
Failure to learn lessons from last year.
Kilmarnock manager stating he knows how we play and that we panic if we cant break a team down. A guy who has been a manager for less time than Gerrard.
Multiple occasions of setting the team up incorrectly, which has to be salvaged by second half substitutes.
Finishing games strong, only to then revert back to tactics that got us into trouble the next game.
Multiple occasions of centre half chopping and changing.
Appointing Tav captain.
Taking us from a winning position against St Johnstone changing the team and losing momentum in the game.
Reliance on favourites.
Players do not en masse just start not performing. Not unless there is something that causes it.
By the book substitutions that dont always seem to reflect how the game is going.
On course to finish no better off than last year.
Out thought tactically by:

Mcinnes (multiple times)
Stand in Killie manager
Tommy Wright
Stendl
Jack Ross

This is a second season coaching team. Who have been given plenty resources to know the league and compete.

Now keep in mind, you asked me to elaborate on negatives, so it will obviously come across as anti Gerrard. I will keep supporting the team and the players. I could make a list of positives, but you didn't ask for that.

We all get paternity leave, he doesn't. Is this massive change in his life affecting him? It affects every other person, makes them all tired etc. Maybe he needs time away from the team and the pressures to get back to normal.

He's a pro footballer earning a fortune. He does not need to take a turn at the 3 in the morning feed. That's his missus job.

I’m not going to go all tactical. I loved playing football but I would never try and figure tactics. I think it’s simply that other teams know what to expect from us and now know how to play us. For example Kent who I think had a great future at Rangers always cuts in rather than go down the line. Double team him and he’ll pass back to the midfield or somewhere else. Etc etc. We need to change it and change it now. Sometimes a manager finds his best team through injuries or adversity. He’s needs to make changes. Alfie needs a seat on the bench.

Two years on the bounce the team has collapsed after travelling abroad on the winter break.
Inflexible tactics.
Failure to learn lessons from last year.
Kilmarnock manager stating he knows how we play and that we panic if we cant break a team down. A guy who has been a manager for less time than Gerrard.
Multiple occasions of setting the team up incorrectly, which has to be salvaged by second half substitutes.
Finishing games strong, only to then revert back to tactics that got us into trouble the next game.
Multiple occasions of centre half chopping and changing.
Appointing Tav captain.
Taking us from a winning position against St Johnstone changing the team and losing momentum in the game.
Reliance on favourites.
Players do not en masse just start not performing. Not unless there is something that causes it.
By the book substitutions that dont always seem to reflect how the game is going.
On course to finish no better off than last year.
Out thought tactically by:

Mcinnes (multiple times)
Stand in Killie manager
Tommy Wright
Stendl
Jack Ross

This is a second season coaching team. Who have been given plenty resources to know the league and compete.

Now keep in mind, you asked me to elaborate on negatives, so it will obviously come across as anti Gerrard. I will keep supporting the team and the players. I could make a list of positives, but you didn't ask for that.
I fully agree mate just wanted to see your thoughts. Been thinking for a while but Gerrard time might be up. Horrible to say but it's a results based business and he ain't getting the results. The fact he has been talking about one day managing liverpool is down right disrespectful. And I've a list as long as my arm as well which he isnt learning from, isn't getting the team winning and not really handling the press the way he should be .

Did you see the team celebration after the third on Thursday? Defo no fall out.
Goal celebrations or lack of them can give you an idea of team harmony at times and they looked fine to me. Just can't get my head around the slump in form like everyone of us.

Does anyone think that the mhedia onslaught and campaign for "justice" during the winter break has affected the dressing room? I have tried to search for news articles for the period that covered the winter break and look at how much negativity was thrown our way but im not tech savvy enough, l bet there will be a new exclusive for each day tho. Off the top of my head it was morelos and kent for their behaviour and celebrations, trying to get us fined and banned, gerrard to apologise for his celebrations post match, the private detective story against morelos, morelos cheating on his missus. Im sure there is more crap out there if anyone can find it.

This place is mental! Can't actually believe some people are suggesting a change of manager. Simple fact is that we came back from the break with 4 or 5 of our main players badly out of form, this coincided with Celtic having an exceptional run. Don't forget they have been assembling a squad for years and we are 19 months into it.

The core of SGs team are these players

Tav, Goldson, Jack, Morelos and Kent.

All of them are weak minded and now serial losers. Their form always collapses after Xmas and some of them like Kent have never been in form apart from the odd glimpse.
You build your team on weak minded players who have no real hunger to win things then you are doomed to fool.
If he doesn’t get rid of most of them this summer then SG will be gone before Xmas 2020.

Those mentally weak losers went to Parkhead and got a victory where very few teams have done in the past few years.

They also got through the group stages of the Europa League when qualification was going to be an achievement at the start of the season.

On that point let’s look at our budget compared with all other teams still in Europe in this competition and consider for a squad our size with what that budget has afforded we’ve had to play
an additional 16 games this season.

We’ve struggled to break teams down when they park the bus. The formation that the management team won’t seem to budge from is partially to blame for that. To call the above mentally weak is pathetic,. I don’t know what revolutionary players you expect we’ll be able to replace them with on our budget

Not sure we can say that there’s something wrong in the dressing room. Look at the come back against braga?

We aren’t approaching league games with the team set up right. Teams have figured us out and we need to change up to counter that at times.

You’ve got to add to that the player form. Players who were excellent the first half of the season are poor the second half. Gerrard needs to see that and change it, the whole team needs to be considered based on form and performance.
Excellent post mate. We have had performances over the season with comebacks and late winners to show that the desire is there. The players need the manager to give them the opportunity by changing the tactics.

Is the answer. As underdogs we're fine. Without expectation we're fine. Any pressure at all? Complete collapse. Every time.
Coped well under pressure in December's match; coped well with pressure to qualify for the Europe Group stages; coped well with the pressure to get out of the Group. I'd say it's the opposite; I'd say this team appears not to have the right attitude when they play teams where there is no pressure. When we were a goal up at Tynecastle a few weeks ago I could not believe how inept we were at keeping the ball; the run up to their equaliser would have been comical had it not been so important, but anyone could see it was coming. Some players may have thought it was job done in December, I don't know, but when we fought back to take the lead against St. Johnstone we again showed very little desire to be the first to the ball; and, again, the equaliser could be seen coming. The desire in this team is now questionable; I really question it has anything to do with pressure, although there was a point when I thought it might be that.

They have the ability there’s no doubt, as our form up to the winter break showed and our run in Europe..
But sometimes they think they’re actually better than they actually are and that’s when complacency and inconsistency kicks in.

Goal celebrations or lack of them can give you an idea of team harmony at times and they looked fine to me. Just can't get my head around the slump in form like everyone of us.

Dont know if its significant but have a look back at Goldson's reaction after Katic scores at the piggery. If my memory serves me correctly he doesnt seem too pleased.

Back