We should be extremely worried about the attitude of this team.

The core of SGs team are these players

Tav, Goldson, Jack, Morelos and Kent.

All of them are weak minded and now serial losers. Their form always collapses after Xmas and some of them like Kent have never been in form apart from the odd glimpse.
You build your team on weak minded players who have no real hunger to win things then you are doomed to fool.
If he doesn’t get rid of most of them this summer then SG will be gone before Xmas 2020.
Harsh on Jack in my opinion. Guy has been the most consistent player over the last three seasons. Not his fault is the team isn't pulling together. Mentality of the others I do agree with.

Dont know if its significant but have a look back at Goldson's reaction after Katic scores at the piggery. If my memory serves me correctly he doesnt seem too pleased.

You are wrong. Goldson stood aside to let Katic run towards our fans (or his brother) then celebrated as much as the rest of the players.

Those mentally weak losers went to Parkhead and got a victory where very few teams have done in the past few years.

They also got through the group stages of the Europa League when qualification was going to be an achievement at the start of the season.

On that point let’s look at our budget compared with all other teams still in Europe in this competition and consider for a squad our size with what that budget has afforded we’ve had to play
an additional 16 games this season.

We’ve struggled to break teams down when they park the bus. The formation that the management team won’t seem to budge from is partially to blame for that. To call the above mentally weak is pathetic,. I don’t know what revolutionary players you expect we’ll be able to replace them with on our budget

I don't disagree with anything you've said here.

What I would add is that we weren't expected to win at Parkhead and we didn't really expect to get through to the group stages. We seem to be able to perform when we're the underdogs and expectations are relatively low.

We haven't been able to do it when the pressure has been upped slightly.

He put on Davis to control the game. Instead he was overwhelmed. If we had tried to stay on the front foot we'd have won. A good comparison in boxing is Fury v Wilder. First match, he was winning on points and tried to avoid his opponent, who landed a big punch and somehow sneaked a draw. This time around he pummelled him and forced a knockout (technically). He knew he had to stay on the front foot to make sure he wasn't caught with a sucker punch. We didn't.
It reminded me when he put on Wallace in the last minute to defend a corner at motherwell.

Was a crazy decision, a cold player not up to the speed of the game hung out to dry. He does keep making these mistakes. He talks about game management, he contributes to that and needs to start getting the decisions more right than wrong.

That being said, Katic should have done much better

There is definitely something wrong in the background with this team. Heard too many conflicting rumours to not be taken seriously anymore. Totally scunnered but dont know the answer to get back to the way we were playing again

The tempo of our play is appalling.
That's one thing that should be easily addressed but for whatever reason the players aren't getting the message, we've become a pedestrian tippy tappy backwards and square passing midfield with a bang out of form striker trying to lead the line without ever getting into the box

My biggest disappointment this season is Ryan Kent, he has just not done enough to justify the £7 million we payed for him ( apart from the game on the 29th Dec) he should be ripping teams apart up here.
Also Alfie's form after the new year is mystifying, he has put on weight he is not bullying the way he used to, also when he has a sight of goal he either hits the keeper or it's over the bar

No problem with that. I only caught it one time on tv and noticed Goldson didnt seem to be celebrating.

I thought the same thing at the time and that's why I went back and checked it a couple of times. Did look strange with him just standing there but he definitely joined in afterwards.

My biggest disappointment this season is Ryan Kent, he has just not done enough to justify the £7 million we payed for him ( apart from the game on the 29th Dec) he should be ripping teams apart up here.
Also Alfie's form after the new year is mystifying, he has put on weight he is not bullying the way he used to, also when he has a sight of goal he either hits the keeper or it's over the bar
There's one thing about gerrard he will never blast Kent publicly and he certainly has his favourites that's for sure, a recipe for unrest

Braga was a one off and even then let’s not rewrite it they should’ve been 4/5/6 ahead we all though that comeback would galvanise us but it didn’t we are shocking to watch and play so passively its unreal. Then Kamberi comes on and boom he’s all go action the rest just walking pace at times
Spot on,not enough players grabbing games by the scruff of the neck and even if they have a gripe with the Manager they should be putting it in for the fans who travel far and wide. I can't believe we've capitulated so badly. We got out of jail against Braga and you'd have at least thought it would inspire us. Why are they not turning up the way they did post break. So infuriating when think of the position we were in. They shouldn't be there if that doesn't inspire them and they've gift wrapped the league to them again.

Alfie looked totally out of form today, maybe he was knackered from Thursday, but he had the chance to seal the points with that chance that Kamberi made for him, all it needed was a bit of composure and a little side foot dink into the net, instead, he put his foot through it.
Steven Gerrard looked as bit disgusted with the lack of finish.
That said, the midfield engine room has lost form, not just Kamara, but Jack is back to being ordinary and Davis is just poor.
It is our inability to control the flow of a game that is the real problem.
Sure we can move the ball forward but there is simply no real shape of direction in our attacking play.
As for young Hagi, he should really be playing far more centrally, clearly, he is not a wide player.
Disappointing that we have lost the ability to put these teams away.
If we have to play one No.10,not two,then for me Hagi has to be that No.10. don't know why he doesn't play him through the middle and bring in Jones to be the winger.

I wasn’t going to mention this but let’s see what you all think ... guy in my work this morning has said to me and a few other bears that Alfie has come back from the winter break 16lb overweight and it has caused a massive rift between players and jack apparently has made his and others feelings known to Gerrard... I’m only passing on what was said here and wait to see if anyone else has heard anything similar, something ain’t right somewhere

They’re knackered. Europe’s done us no favours this season, over reliance on most of our key players, poor depth of squad. We were told we would have 2 quality players for each position in the team. The manager clearly doesn’t trust those that should be able to step in otherwise (I hope) he would have used the squad better.
Don't agree,look at our neighbours, they've played the same amount of games,now you could argue yes they've a bigger squad,but it's been pretty much the same 11. I agree we don't have a second strong 11,if you like,we have quantity,but not the quality. I a tually think the break has done us no favours.

They have the ability there’s no doubt, as our form up to the winter break showed and our run in Europe..
But sometimes they think they’re actually better than they actually are and that’s when complacency and inconsistency kicks in.
I don't think it's complacency, inconsistency yes,but we've not won anything of worth to be complacent.

I wasn’t going to mention this but let’s see what you all think ... guy in my work this morning has said to me and a few other bears that Alfie has come back from the winter break 16lb overweight and it has caused a massive rift between players and jack apparently has made his and others feelings known to Gerrard... I’m only passing on what was said here and wait to see if anyone else has heard anything similar, something ain’t right somewhere

Morelos was causing problems before Gerrard took over with other Managers thinking he’s billy big time and doing what he wants but I thought Gerrard had sorted all that out. He does look overweight and possibly why he’s gone off form he’s certainly not the same player since the break and he’s been out for a while.

With Scotland being a two horse race for the league and unique in that I always felt - we dont need “a rangers man” in the backroom staff neccessarily, just someone perhaps a rangers man bit donesrt have to be, just soenone who has won a league and knows what it takes.
to that end I am surpised the influience of Davis and Mcgregor has not produced that in the team.

I thought the same thing at the time and that's why I went back and checked it a couple of times. Did look strange with him just standing there but he definitely joined in afterwards.

Cheers. Just proves the theory that you cant guarantee you'll be right more than 50% of the time.

Morelos was causing problems before Gerrard took over with other Managers thinking he’s billy big time and doing what he wants but I thought Gerrard had sorted all that out. He does look overweight and possibly why he’s gone off form he’s certainly not the same player since the break and he’s been out for a while.
Something is seriously wrong as what we have witnessed over the past 11 games has been abysmal mate

For those saying it’s an ability issue not a attitude one I give you Morelos insanely talented miles ahead of Kamberi in terms of talent imo but his attitude not willing to run work hard on Sunday was there for all to see.

Kamberi was all heart and desire chasing the ball wanting involved scored a great goal with half as good a chance he put in a plate for Alfie also set another one up and it was all about attitude.

Not sure I understand this, why would Jack and the rest of the players need to make their feelings known re Morelos being overweight?. We have a team dedicated to monitoring player fitness, they would be well aware themselves and therefore so would Gerrard, he would also be monitored during training which means they would be able to assess his 'application'. Unless there is another issue you haven't mentioned, this rumour doesn't make any sense.

Look at what a loan player from Hibs done he put them all to shame he wanted it he was hungry running his heart out did the dirty work.

Something is very wrong in that dressing room and I don’t think that can be questioned
Don't worry, the hunger of the new players will be driven out of them when they are slaughtered everytime they try something that doesn't come off or misplace a pass.

If we have to play one No.10,not two,then for me Hagi has to be that No.10. don't know why he doesn't play him through the middle and bring in Jones to be the winger.
I think the Jones situation has went personal, not something that should be happening when you need all your players.
Gerrard’s man management really is quite appalling.

What rumours ?
According to twitter, the reliable platform that it is, our kitman's relatives are spreading rumours / facts about Dubai. Personally, I think everyone wants there to have been a problem so we actually have something to blame when in reality it is multi faceted.

According to twitter, the reliable platform that it is, our kitman's relatives are spreading rumours / facts about Dubai. Personally, I think everyone wants there to have been a problem so we actually have something to blame when in reality it is multi faceted.

What rumours though? Is it these non specific nonsensical hugh burns rumour where he doesn’t actually say anything

What rumours though? Is it these non specific nonsensical hugh burns rumour where he doesn’t actually say anything
Totally unsure mate, all of them are absolute fantasist rubbish. As far as I am aware, very good spirits in Dubai, fine from Morelos used to pay for night out at end of break. No one came home disappointed or annoyed. The fact they targeted Jimmy Bell and now use him as the supposed good guy tells us all we need to know.

The rumours going around are of the WhatsApp variety.

Barasic being bullied, at therapy for depression, players being caught with prostitutes in Dubai but only some being punished.

I'd file it under pìsh, something has changed that much is certain but the nature of social media rumours I would find hard to believe given the mainstream media are no stranger to a good Rangers bashing story.

On H&H podcast this week, David Edgar made the point of saying that nothing untoward happened in Dubai. I'm guessing because of the way in which he said it, was specifically designed to try and stop some of the nonsense being posted (and believed).

Once again were leading and take off an offensive player and put Davis on to defenď the lead.
A load of crap as we had them rocking with big Flo.keeping them on there toes.Surely our staff seen that.What's the point in changing the tactics then.?

this is where a manager earns his corn

his inability to bring Davis on at Kilmarnock was the wrong decision

his haste to bring Davis on at St Johnstone was again the wrong decision

hes sticking when he should be twisting and twisting when he should be sticking

the subtle art of being a good manager is to intuitively know this stuff

Unfortunately it’s Gerrard‘s inexperience that has cost us the league this year

we can all sit behind our key boards and wax lyrical
about this stuff but i don’t envy him for one bit!

Not sure I understand this, why would Jack and the rest of the players need to make their feelings known re Morelos being overweight?. We have a team dedicated to monitoring player fitness, they would be well aware themselves and therefore so would Gerrard, he would also be monitored during training which means they would be able to assess his 'application'. Unless there is another issue you haven't mentioned, this rumour doesn't make any sense.
All that was mentioned was what I commented on that players sent happy as you said there weight body mass are all checked and he was 16lb overweight and the way it was explained is that he seems to be getting treated different from the rest and there is unrest due to it , what I was told I’m sharing

I was told a stone overweight and turning up late. Been out on the lash as well before games. My info is right from the boardroon at Ibrox. The players also not happt Alfie was given extra time off.

I was told a stone overweight and turning up late. Been out on the lash as well before games. My info is right from the boardroon at Ibrox. The players also not happt Alfie was given extra time off.
everything we are witnessing from after the winter break is mind boggling, so with different rumours going around it seems there is definitely things going on behind the scenes so let’s hope we get it sorted as we don’t need or want any player getting special treatment and causing unrest between the rest of the squad mate

Back