We still waste too many chances

Leo_Ger

We were shite yesterday but still had enough clear cut chances to put the game to bed before Hearts got on the scoresheet.

It's unfortunately not the first time this season where profligacy in front of goal has come back to bite us on the arse cheeks.

We're still too often guilty of spurning gilt-edged chances.

Kent - Should 100% have scored.

Aribo - A bit more difficult, and to me should have taken it around the keeper as he seemed to be flying out.

Defoe - The sort of chance he’s made a career out of finishing & he blasted it over.

Defoe - Twice through on goal - Morelos, Kent or Aribo would have got one on ones with the keeper & probably scored at least one.

So yes I’d say we should at least have scored three goals.

Kent - Should 100% have scored.

Aribo - A bit more difficult, and to me should have taken it around the keeper as he seemed to be flying out.

Defoe - The sort of chance he’s made a career out of finishing & he blasted it over.

Defoe - Twice through on goal - Morelos, Kent or Aribo would have got one on ones with the keeper & probably scored at least one.

So yes I’d say we should at least have scored three goals.
As bad as we played, you are correct on the above - we should’ve had 4 at least meaning likely 3 points and different story today.

As bad as we played, you are correct on the above - we should’ve had 4 at least meaning likely 3 points and different story today.

Agree DB.

Gordy is correct that we totally lost the midfield but these chances could have totally changed the game, and should have won us it, justifiably or not.

Every game it's the same story we create umpteen chances and take very few of them.

I hope to f we can create a load on weds and take at least four of them.

Finishing is an issue, with two shots on target from a total of eleven shots but we lost that game in the middle of the park.

Defoe shouldn't have been on for the full game we needed fresh legs

Played far too much football this past week for a 37 year old.

It's frustrating bet the players are all banging them in at training as well.

Yes, and we know Kent has been working on it & we’ve already seen progress on that ( eg scum & yesterday ) but st that early chance ?

Don’t know where his mind was. Likewise the Defoe late one. Mental errors I’d say.

Yes, and we know Kent has been working on it & we’ve already seen progress on that ( eg scum & yesterday ) but st that early chance ?

Don’t know where his mind was. Likewise the Defoe late one. Mental errors I’d say.
We just didn't have the right attitude at all at times that when we miss a moaner and a shouter in our team to keep at the players when they see a dip in form.

I've honestly never seen a Rangers team so wasteful in front of goal. The Aribo and Kent chances, celtc players score them unfortunately.
It's been like this for years now, we are far from clinical and it definitely costs us. Goals change games, if we're two up do we honestly think hearts come back and we don't go and get more? Well, pittodrie might suggest they could, so who knows.
My expectation levels when we get a chance are so low, it's like I'm surprised we actually manage to fucking score these days.

We were shite yesterday but still had enough clear cut chances to put the game to bed before Hearts got on the scoresheet.

It's unfortunately not the first time this season where profligacy in front of goal has come back to bite us on the arse cheeks.

The one Kent missed early in the game was a snip. Seemed harder to miss.

Aribo should have buried his yesterday. For Kent to not even get his on target in the first half was really poor also
We seem to have too many of our shots that sail over or wide. When did we last give a goalie a busy time?

Agree. Ojo and Defoe break away with a great chance, miss then they go up the park and score.

As annoying as a the way we spurn chances, I am equally frustrated when we have a fantastic break- out with speed, and in numbers, and it all goes sideways with no chance created at all!

Agree. Ojo and Defoe break away with a great chance, miss then they go up the park and score.
Was just about to post about this.
We score that chance we win, instead we miss and the momentum shifts back to Hearts and they score.

Aribo should have scored, but that can happen when going full speed and trying to work his angle.

How Kent missed, never mind even hitting the target, is beyond me.

Both chances in the first 19mins.
Aribo would have scored if he used his right foot instead of using it to stand on.

Good chances spurned too often and shots constantly being skied over the bar. Is it lack of training or the modern ball?

Good chances spurned too often and shots constantly being skied over the bar. Is it lack of training or the modern ball?

Yep, too often there was a lack of composure once the player found themselves with a good opportunity.
If this just the difference between a good finisher and a not-so-good one? Or signs of something else, such as fitness? fatigue? pressure?

There were a few occasions which saw Defoe struggle to get away from the Hearts defenders in a straight sprint. Has he been asked to do too much of late and now feeling 'leggy'?

Every game it's the same story we create umpteen chances and take very few of them.

I hope to f we can create a load on weds and take at least four of them.

Mate, I got my first season book in 1985 and we have been the same since then.

We have always been wasteful in front of goal. Christ only knows how many McCoist could have had in his career. He should have smashed every record in the world ever.

I think there is a mentality thing about us sometimes that, whilst admirable to some, pisses the utter fcuk out of me. The best example is Hertz down to 8 men at Ibrox back in the day. Did we go all out to smash them? Did we arse. Our finest captain in my memory had us playing keep ball to save them from a 20-0 drubbing. Some called it class, I thought it was naïve in the extreme.

Would any other team taken their foot off the gas to save us from a public thrashing?

Would they fcuk.

I've honestly never seen a Rangers team so wasteful in front of goal. The Aribo and Kent chances, celtc players score them unfortunately.
It's been like this for years now, we are far from clinical and it definitely costs us. Goals change games, if we're two up do we honestly think hearts come back and we don't go and get more? Well, pittodrie might suggest they could, so who knows.
My expectation levels when we get a chance are so low, it's like I'm surprised we actually manage to fucking score these days.
There's me thinking wed scored 55 goals this season in the league

The problem I have with Kent is that he should be taking us up a level (hell we paid enough) in term of forward play and goals, but sometimes he looks like he’s regressing to the average in the team and that’s still not high enough.

The problem I have with Kent is that he should be taking us up a level (hell we paid enough) in term of forward play and goals, but sometimes he looks like he’s regressing to the average in the team and that’s still not high enough.

Agree, we didn’t pay 7m for last season’s Ryan Kent, we paid it for the player Gerrard thinks he can be.

To me he’s showing a lot more signs of quality but has been inconsistent. I think a part of that is fitness, but he does need to give us more consistency as we need him at that higher level more to win the league.

One thing I would say is he always gives his best even if he’s off form.

A wee bit more composure from Kent when chances arrive (like he displayed when he scored yesterday) and his ratio will increase. Has a tendency to lash at chances I feel, some go in (Hamilton and them away) but others are wild.

I feel we miss too many chances in a packed penalty box around about the 12 yard line, tippy/tappy etc.

I want the players to have a dig from around the 18 yard line, you never know, deflections etc.

I feel we miss too many chances in a packed penalty box around about the 12 yard line, tippy/tappy etc.

I want the players to have a dig from around the 18 yard line, you never know, deflections etc.
A bit like Boyce for Hearts
McGregor for Celtic (albeit off a hand)

Said the same to my mate, it’s costing us not scoring goals, the mentally challengeds are deadly at killing games off compared to us.

We don’t seem to be clinical enough in front of goal, we seem to take too many touches and not a lot of long range shots.

I agree we miss more chances than anyone we also create more chance than any one I feel sorry for Defo the man was dying on his feet on Sunday how Gerrard never took him of is beyond me bug I take it we had no one to put on we need to start finding the net more with these chances hopefully tomorrow will see that change

Can you change your profile pic please?

Back