We won today why are people so critical

Buster1872

I have seen a lot of folk ripping into players saying they were slow, off the pace etc. Also people having a go at using one sub. Why not? People need to mind this the 1st competitive game we have played in months. Personally I thought it was a good performance throughout.

Steveymac

I have seen a lot of folk ripping into players saying they were slow, off the pace etc. Also people having a go at using one sub. Why not? People need to mind this the 1st competitive game we have played in months. Personally I thought it was a good performance throughout.
Mon the Gers, 1st hurdle put in front of us has been jumped, many more to come. WATP. No Surrender !

Papac

because it was incredibly similar to what we've seen before, surely anyone who watched us must realise this?
If it was similar to what we've seen before, we'd be winning most of our tougher away games relatively easily. We could have been better going forward but we still created enough chances to win the game easily, won the game relatively easily and that's even before you factor in the unusual circumstances of it being our first competitive match in around 5 months. It absolutely wasn't a struggle but people are going to convince themselves it was, spout it in threads like this and then let their positive confirmation bias take over and see that some people agree with them.

Blueranger45

because with Rangers we generally need the performance + the result

I thought we were comfortable enough but there was similarities with previous games which isn't good, hopefully the management team will be looking at that

Mind Your Own

Because there is no pleasing some people, they will just moan because they like to.

GLAGAZ

3 points is most welcome at a traditionally difficult venue and the 1st half certainly made for good viewing.

The 2nd half however was noticeably flat once Aberdeen got in our faces a bit more. Granted we restricted them to only one scrambled chance but as we know all too well, that’s often all a team needs. We need to get back to Gerrard‘s initial mantra of ruthless and relentless.

MearnsUnionist

because it was incredibly similar to what we've seen before, surely anyone who watched us must realise this?

First competitive game of the season mate and at a notoriously difficult venue.

We'd 14 efforts on goal and Aberdeen never had a shot on target.

Everything wasn't perfect, as players are still finding their sharpness, but overall it was a very good performance against one of the best organised defences in the league.

I don't get the negativity.

Last edited:

BertsEBT

I think its because we feel like we're still chasing. When we were winning 9IAR we were notoriously slow on opening day but we were more accepting because we felt in the ascendancy and as long as we were winning then we'd stay ahead. Plus we trusted those teams to come good when it mattered whereas this team have still to convince us. Defensively, I thought we looked fine today - bar a couple of crosses into our boxes and set pieces, Aberdeen got nowhere near our goal. I'm still wanting to see sharpness increase as we get more games and a lot of folk are pointing out what most of us know - we need a few more bodies in for the season.

Ke55y

For some bizarre reason a portion of the support think we should be winning 6/7 nil every game......we dominated that game today start to finish was it swashbuckling no was it 1st competitive game in 4 months yes. When fans are critical after a win it puzzles me from pre season matches and now this we have not conceded there is just no pleasing some and I question are they real fans because to me a win is win especially away at the sheep

KL2

Pleased we got the 3 points against a team we have a pretty poor record against. That was the main thing today.

We didn't play particularly well and the midfield was a bit too slow and sideways (also thought Borna and Hagi were quiet) - taking all that into account, it was still mostly very comfortable.

prenzlauerbear

There's nothing wrong with folk having an opinion on the game. It's a forum for discussion.

It was a good win today with plenty of positives and one or two causes for concern.