We won today why are people so critical

govanfront85

Jesus mate, apart from Aribo chance in last 5 mins today we scored with our only clear cut chance in the game. Go back to our win away to Ross County in March before the break, how was today in any way different?
It isn't any different, hence why I've been so vocal on this thread.

BarcaBlue72

At least the players won’t have to listen to the bile.

Maybe the crowd noise can just be abusing the players to make them feel at home.
It is a sad reality that I think we will do better without fans. We're a hard group to please but one stray pass and some think we've thrown away the league. The same folk also complain we don't play forward passes? We are very hard to please.

A1bertz

What?
That scrimmage in our box 2nd half was one lucky bounce away from us dropping 2 points.
We pass the ball about in our own half way too much with no notion of going forward.
First game and all that, hoping we improve but there was definitely a bit of deja vu going on today.
Yep. Goldson sees too much of the ball. Watch how often we start to go forward but end up giving the ball back to him.

Speminalium8

No one on here is not enjoying the fact we won and secured full points at our second most difficult away fixture. That’s relating to the result and the most important aspect which every one of us would have taken before the game.
What the ostriches must get through their heads is the purpose of our criticism of certain aspects of our performance is to discuss and give our opinions of how we can find ways to perform better. By improving and winning more comfortably we leave ourselves less exposed to bad luck and mistakes which may rob us of the result we are so pleased about.
Why should a discussion about how we can do better to safeguard our wins and make them more comfortable, somehow mean we are displeased with the result?

g87

It isn't any different, hence why I've been so vocal on this thread.
I agree 100% with you mate, I'm delighted we won today and as I'm sure you are. but at some point we have to look past the "we won today we move on" attitude and consider... do we do enough to finish teams off? Are we ruthless enough? Today did not answer those points and follows the pattern pre covid

Paperskin

I have seen a lot of folk ripping into players saying they were slow, off the pace etc. Also people having a go at using one sub. Why not? People need to mind this the 1st competitive game we have played in months. Personally I thought it was a good performance throughout.
I thought we played well 1st half and professionally in the 2nd, aberdeen had some passages of play but done f_ck all with it.

People on here are tims or just moany unfulfilled b@stards who think every stray pass or wayward shot should be see the player kicked out the club

We undo ourselves as a support at times.

Last edited:

AllanD

Because it looks like Gerrard has learnt nothing. It was the same as every other game against Aberdeen but they didn't get manage to get the last minute equaliser.

Expect the same against Aberdeen and Kilmarnock every other game this season.
Our goal was from utilizing a new tactic that Gerrard has learned and implemented. But don't let the truth get in the way of being a negative drama queen.

We have also got some major changes in personel on the way to suit this new style of play.

We won, enjoy your Saturday night

Last edited:

lovenkrands72

What?
That scrimmage in our box 2nd half was one lucky bounce away from us dropping 2 points.
We pass the ball about in our own half way too much with no notion of going forward.
First game and all that, hoping we improve but there was definitely a bit of deja vu going on today.
So you're counting a scrimmage in their box, but what about the 5 chances we had? They dont count?

Watched the game away from FF and thought we played well and won. Come on here and it's the same as last season apparently. Even though we never won there last season. And the biggest criticism last season was we never saw out games. Sounds as though some folk are just whiny moany bastards

602-Squadron

From what I'm seeing here, it wont take much for the punters to start putting the pressure on gerrard.

Wether you like it or not, we have to compete with a club in a 2 team league that have a stronger squad than us, due to the fact they are in a more powerful position financially.

Even back in the days in the first half of the 80s when we were the richest club, we were out the league by october/november. Then we just didnt make good signings.

Yes, we need a bigger better squad, but that will take a lot of money and to even get that started we'll need to sell morelos. We have to remember, for now we are the 2nd power house in scotland. Something we never have been.

Jorgthegreat

We played brilliant 1st half. The Sheep got on us 2nd half and we found it tougher but still made chances. Great result on opening day. Not sure what people expect

Macca

Official Ticketer
I await your indepth analysis tomorrow then.
You sound like one of the reasons why this team might thrive without any fans in the ground. If the negative way you post comes across at games, every other week or every week for that matter if you are home and away (which one is it?) then they might just do better without your 'support'

govanfront85

You sound like one of the reasons why this team might thrive without any fans in the ground. If the negative way you post comes across at games, every other week or every week for that matter if you are home and away (which one is it?) then they might just do better without your 'support'
Away and raffle yourself

govanfront85

You dont have a clue.

Kingging

Today was our toughest league tie this month and we played well and won. I'd like us to be more clinical but nobody wins 5-0 every game, not even Barca nor Juve. I'm pleased with the result and I expect we'll do better against St Mirren next week.

In fact I now think we can win 6 from 6 in the league in August. If we do we'll be top at the end of the month.

Cautiously happy

govanfront85

I agree 100% with you mate, I'm delighted we won today and as I'm sure you are. but at some point we have to look past the "we won today we move on" attitude and consider... do we do enough to finish teams off? Are we ruthless enough? Today did not answer those points and follows the pattern pre covid
Agree. Some folk think that by calling a spade a spade isn't supporting the team and being negative. I'm trying to be honest about what I saw today, nothing else.

Reactions: g87

govanfront85

Oh I do. We all know where our deficiencies are but some, like your good self, are just waiting to jump on anything negative even when the result today was positive
You dont have a clue about me. I'm calling it as I seen it today. I'm positive about the team on the whole, but that was uncannily like games where we blew it last year. We were a dodgy refereeing decision or a defensive brainfart away from dropping points.

We were great until the first goal. We need to keep that going and be ruthless. It's just frustrating watching the same thing season after season. And then folk saying brilliant 3 points, aye, 3 points is what we want, but it may not work out that way in future.

knightswood_bear

So you're counting a scrimmage in their box, but what about the 5 chances we had? They dont count?

Watched the game away from FF and thought we played well and won. Come on here and it's the same as last season apparently. Even though we never won there last season. And the biggest criticism last season was we never saw out games. Sounds as though some folk are just whiny moany bastards
It‘s impossible man, Aberdeen had 4 shots, none on target and two corners and I have read someone say we got away with it.

If we had went for it at one nil and given away a goal on the counter everyone would be talking about tactical naivety. It was a professional if not spectacular performance and we were in no danger during a game we completely controlled.

Macca

Official Ticketer
Agree. Some folk think that by calling a spade a spade isn't supporting the team and being negative. I'm trying to be honest about what I saw today, nothing else.
Everyone knows where our problem areas are difference being some of us try to focus on the positives of today and hope they can be addressed. It looks like we are reliant on releasing funds from the sale of Alfie to address these areas so let's look ahead and hope the transfer market is kind to us. We have a favourable run of games in the league so it's full steam ahead. This place will be the usual train wreck if the result isn't favourable against Leverkusen which will be grossly unfair

Last edited:

govanfront85

Everyone knows where our problem areas are difference being some of us try to focus on the positives of today and hope they can be addressed. It looks like we are reliant on releasing funds from the sale of Alfie to address these areas so let's look ahead and hope the transfer market is kind to us. We have a favourable run of games ahead in the league so it's full steam ahead. This place will be the usual train wreck if the result isn't favourable against Leverkusen which will be grossly unfair
Leverkusen is a free hit, if folk go mental they're off their head.

Macca

Official Ticketer
Leverkusen is a free hit, if folk go mental they're off their head.
We have folk on here today having a go at tav, Goldson, jack, kamara, arfield, hagi, Alfie and gerrard, when we have won, at one of hardest away grounds, mental, it's everything that's wrong with social media

tazzabear

Jesus mate, apart from Aribo chance in last 5 mins today we scored with our only clear cut chance in the game. Go back to our win away to Ross County in March before the break, how was today in any way different?
If this were sellik we’d beaten today, with that performance, would you be complaining?
Why then, today?
Because it’s Aberdeen?
Are the just the same as Ross County now?
I get that the performance as far from good but, that it was in a, historically, tougher game against a tougher opponent, means there is a difference.
An acceptable difference.
Just like you‘d be celebrating had it been the scum we played today.

Macca

Official Ticketer
We have folk on here today having a go at tav, Goldson, jack, kamara, arfield, hagi, Alfie and gerrard, when we have won, at one of hardest away grounds, mental, it's everything that's wrong with social media
I forgot to add, Hermes, castore, yodel, mygers, DPD, kit design, DHL, the banners on the way to the ground, Royal Mail, everything is getting criticised. The place is nuts

Rangerista

I can't be arsed involving myself in the push me, pull me, reaction to today's victory.

We have won, that is all.

For our Queen and Country.

G-Hallbear

Some wear their negativity and misery like a badge of honour. I wonder why some folk bother with football or Rangers, not just on here but at the games as well. Constant negativity devoid of rationality or context.

Blu_ultra

No I don’t think if we could’ve scored 3 or 4 we would have. This team seems quite happy to sit on a lead rather than showing any urgency or ruthlessness to kill teams off and score more goals. At what point did I say we were hanging on? We were never in any real danger but at 1-0 all it takes is one chance or one decent set piece. Look at the goalmouth scramble. That could quite easily have cost us a goal.

That poor game management you reference is the slow, pedestrian passing that I saw in the 2nd half today. We came out playing as if we were 3 or 4 up. Pittodrie last season we go 2 up then start walking about and slowing the game down and we let them back in. Rugby Park the midfield are happy to go sideways and backwards with no real urgency or desire to play forward and penetrate.Yes, for the goals we concede there are times when we do need to defend better but when you’re happy just to sit on 1-0 you’re putting unnecessary pressure on the defence to not give anything away.

That was a terrible Aberdeen side who were missing their two strikers and showed no real ambition. I agree we weren’t under any real danger because of that but to me a lot of that 2nd half looked like a carbon copy of last season. It’s the type of game where we were punished and I could easily see the same thing happening at Livingston, Motherwell or Hibs in the next month if we don’t change our attitude.
We'll have to disagree. My point is the 2-2 draw last year happened because we were all over the show defensively. We still pushed our 2 full backs on, we had no cover from midfield we didn't kill the game. Walter Smith teams just shut the door. The 1-1 game the year before was the same. I get that fans want a dominant performance, goals and no issues, but that's just not reality. Here's a wee stat from the Tim's league win 2018/19. They won 12 of their games out of 38 by a single goal. They drew or lost 11. In only 15 games did they win by more than a goal. That's not even close to half their games. You take ANY win at Pittodrie.

602-Squadron

Everyone knows where our problem areas are difference being some of us try to focus on the positives of today and hope they can be addressed. It looks like we are reliant on releasing funds from the sale of Alfie to address these areas so let's look ahead and hope the transfer market is kind to us. We have a favourable run of games ahead in the league so it's full steam ahead. This place will be the usual train wreck if the result isn't favourable against Leverkusen which will be grossly unfair
Any idea of putting a them out this week are fantasy.

Even if they were coming to a full house Ibrox with that lead I wouldn't fancy our chances.

g87

If this were sellik we’d beaten today, with that performance, would you be complaining?
Why then, today?
Because it’s Aberdeen?
Are the just the same as Ross County now?
I get that the performance as far from good but, that it was in a, historically, tougher game against a tougher opponent, means there is a difference.
An acceptable difference.
Just like you‘d be celebrating had it been the scum we played today.
Comparing a result with an Aberdeen team that finished 4th with a Celtic team who were 10+ pts ahead of us at season end shows how far off the mark you are. .

If you want to give the players a pass everytime they win in the hope that it somehow makes it to a league title then knock yourself out but I'd rather face the reality on the screen in 2020 and thats that we csnt continue to play like that and expect to have the necessary consistency to win a league.

Blu_ultra

See the Post i did about the Tim's 2018/19 record (last time they actually WON anything). Out of 38 games, they won 12 by a single goal, they drew or lost 11 and only won 15 by more than 1 goal. Statistically, that's only 39% of games won by more than a goal, or, put another way, for every 3 games attended there was only 1 game where there was a margin more than we had today. They won the league that year by 9 points. Our expectations are ridiculous. They are always going to leave people disappointed.

Rick_Sanchez

They were both extremely passive at times. I don’t know if that was deliberate tactic-wise or not.
Based on Gerrard’s comments post match it was deliberate. He mentioned a back 5 and Jack was sitting very deep.

We’re a good team when we defend and he identified keeping clean sheets as a catalyst to success. He’s addressing our weaknesses from last year by focusing on our strengths as a team.