We won today why are people so critical

tazzabear

Comparing a result with an Aberdeen team that finished 4th with a Celtic team who were 10+ pts ahead of us at season end shows how far off the mark you are. .

If you want to give the players a pass everytime they win in the hope that it somehow makes it to a league title then knock yourself out but I'd rather face the reality on the screen in 2020 and thats that we csnt continue to play like that and expect to have the necessary consistency to win a league.
That remains to be seen.
However, to my mind, a win playing badly is a good thing.
Restricting your opponents to, how many, serious chances, is a good thing.
Creating a few other chances for ourselves, is a good thing.
That said, I don’t share the adulation or respect you have for a septic side that were all these points ahead of us, Rangers that is, when the season was called early, we had a game more to play and two games against them still to be completed.

yogi

our bench worries me, but we have a manager that dosent suffer middle of the road performances well

he'll get them ready for thursday

BlueDel

But they didnae and we won.

We had a ful hoose against them at Ibrox last season and didnae beat them so whit are you saying.
Read my posts. I'm saying I thought the performance was generally poor and not a performance that I think will win leagues. Regardless of how glad I am to get 3 points.

BlueDel

No one on here is not enjoying the fact we won and secured full points at our second most difficult away fixture. That’s relating to the result and the most important aspect which every one of us would have taken before the game.
What the ostriches must get through their heads is the purpose of our criticism of certain aspects of our performance is to discuss and give our opinions of how we can find ways to perform better. By improving and winning more comfortably we leave ourselves less exposed to bad luck and mistakes which may rob us of the result we are so pleased about.
Why should a discussion about how we can do better to safeguard our wins and make them more comfortable, somehow mean we are displeased with the result?
Amen, Bro.

90minsofmadness

We don't look to have learned any lessons.

We don't use our subs

We stick to a rigid 4-3-3

We rarely made opportunities against a packed defence. Only 2 in the whole game, 1 of which was late on and they were going for an equaliser.

It feels like we haven't improved on last year and if that's the case then we are relying on a Celtic collapse to win the league.

heresto55

I've just finished a "ban" from this forum because of so called abuse of another member, don't know what abuse was or who it was towards but looking in again it could have been anyone of most people on here, this must be one of the most negative forums in existence, maybe the people in charge should get rid of so called "timposters" and let real Rangers supporters take over. I await my next "ban"

OohAhHuistra

If it was similar to what we've seen before, we'd be winning most of our tougher away games relatively easily. We could have been better going forward but we still created enough chances to win the game easily, won the game relatively easily and that's even before you factor in the unusual circumstances of it being our first competitive match in around 5 months. It absolutely wasn't a struggle but people are going to convince themselves it was, spout it in threads like this and then let their positive confirmation bias take over and see that some people agree with them.
Hopefully another 37 like that. Not pretty but we got the win where as I’m like you last season or season before we concede and end up with a point

TheStandardBearer

We had players off of their game today.

Morelos was quiet. Hagi tried but nothing truly came off. Wasn’t the best I’ve seen Jack, Kamara or Barisic. HOWEVER we won and winning when not playing up to our usual standards is worth just as much if not more to us than when we are playing well.

crmpicco

It’s a good result, but was there anything from that performance that made you think we’ve turned a corner from last year. As another poster said it’s going to be a dejavu season

BlueDel

I thought we played well 1st half and professionally in the 2nd, aberdeen had some passages of play but done f_ck all with it.

People on here are tims or just moany unfulfilled b@stards who think every stray pass or wayward shot should be see the player kicked out the club

We undo ourselves as a support at times.
So because we are glad to get the three points but could see plenty room for improvement, we're all Tims? Fkn grow up, man. It's a forum for discussion, not fkn schoolboy name-calling. Pathetic.

So, maybe I'm not going to be overly happy (perhaps) until I see league-winning performances week in week out. Even though I have stated on this thread that I'm happy to have taken the points. But hey, that makes me a ring-kissing, Tim? Or I want the team sacked? It's a discussion about points vs performance, not Prods v Tims. Nor is it a measure of Staunchness. Think some of you guys need to calm down a little.

AllanD

I can't be the only one nothing the crazy increase of negativity on here by a lot of posters. Everything and anything is wrong, a lot of the time without people even putting in a little thought before spouting their shit. The thing is it seems to be contagious.

It can be draining seeing so many moany barstewards seemingly just complain for the sake of complaining.

Out new centre half was a flop and there were pages and pages of arguments about it before he even played. Players we've been linked with absolutely slated and written of by people who had not even seen them play and the coaching and recruitment staff slated along with it on basis on a few lines from Wikipedia. We've had Gerrard slated for not changing things or learning when our goal yesterday was due to him changing the approach and role of Morelos in order to pull the defense out. We won a difficult opening tie yesterday but still thoughtless moan after moan.

We even officially got rid of Ashley.
Granted we're not going to score 3,4,5 every game, although we'd love to, there will be tough games. Juventus, Barcelona and many other top teams will do the same, that's football.

Gerrard has made changes to tactics and it's clear players he is after are in line with fitting those changes. We had a great pre season, won our toughest game over the next month in the league and things are looking bright.

It got me thinking, is there more to this than Timposters? Maybe it's Covid causing an increase in negativity.

BunkMoreland

Official Ticketer
I can't be the only one nothing the crazy increase of negativity on here by a lot of posters. Everything and anything is wrong, a lot of the time without people even putting in a little thought before spouting their shit. The thing is it seems to be contagious.

It can be draining seeing so many moany barstewards seemingly just complain for the sake of complaining.

Out new centre half was a flop and there were pages and pages of arguments about it before he even played. Players we've been linked with absolutely slated and written of by people who had not even seen them play and the coaching and recruitment staff slated along with it on basis on a few lines from Wikipedia. We've had Gerrard slated for not changing things or learning when our goal yesterday was due to him changing the approach and role of Morelos in order to pull the defense out. We won a difficult opening tie yesterday but still thoughtless moan after moan.

We even officially got rid of Ashley.
Granted we're not going to score 3,4,5 every game, although we'd love to, there will be tough games. Juventus, Barcelona and many other top teams will do the same, that's football.

Gerrard has made changes to tactics and it's clear players he is after are in line with fitting those changes. We had a great pre season, won our toughest game over the next month in the league and things are looking bright.

It got me thinking, is there more to this than Timposters? Maybe it's Covid causing an increase in negativity.

It was the same before Covid.
The moaniest fan base going.

If it isn't the players it's the management. If it isn't the management it's the board. If it isn't the board it's the media team. If it isn't the media team it's the marketing department. And on and on it goes.

MearnsUnionist

Outside of FF, most normal supporters you speak to are happy to have won away from home against a notoriously difficult opponent, without conceding a goal and not even allowing the opposition a shot on goal.

Even Shelley Kerr and no less than Craig fuuuckin Gordon both praised our result and performance on Sportscene last night.

Some folk on here are genuinely in awe of and terrified of the tarriers.

Last edited:

Coisty09

Official Ticketer
We were away against dolly and we won.
That will do me for the first game of the season and an improvement on two seasons ago when we drew the first fixture.
Also it was an improvement on a visit their last season when we drew 2-2 after leadng 2-0.
Our new defender looked good and we had probably 70% of possession.
A tricky fixture from which we have got three points.

Gazb1962

Last season we lost our lead at Aberdeen and obviously 2 points.

Yesterday we dominated the first half and dropped off a bit in the second.

Difference for me was we never looked like capitulating yesterday.

There are many “ new member “ Tim posters on here as I’ve said for a long time and that’s purely obsession.

Regarding our own fans nervousness and negative comments I think they are just desperate for us to be successful.

We all are.

KirkwallTrueBlue

I always think the negative/moany lunatics are mummies boys sitting behind their PC needing an attention seeking reaction. Since we went upto Pittiodrie and won 3 points yesterday the negativety on here is almost unbearable.

GranvillusClutterbuckus

It's annoying, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. Safe to say pretty much all of us love FF, but it's important to bear in mind that this is a snapshot of the support.

There can be valid concerns of course, but social media can affect some people in a way that means they feel they need to shout to be recognised. Nor will any of the players really give a shit about what's posted here, if they read it at all. So in the grand scheme of things it's important to us FF'ers, but insignificant to anyone else.

Additionally, given their level of obsession about us, I wouldn't be surprised if there are at least a few high posting mutants amongst us who love to stir it up and trigger the reactive amongst us.

BlueKop

Last season we lost our lead at Aberdeen and obviously 2 points.

Yesterday we dominated the first half and dropped off a bit in the second.

Difference for me was we never looked like capitulating yesterday.

There are many “ new member “ Tim posters on here as I’ve said for a long time and that’s purely obsession.

Regarding our own fans nervousness and negative comments I think they are just desperate for us to be successful.

We all are.

CapitalBear1973

Despite the attempts of some to downplay the importance of this season, most of us know this is massive. I can't face the thought of next season trying to "stop the 11" as the media will put it. So unless we can build up some comfortable dominance, this season is not going to be an enjoyable experience for many of us.

Yesterday was a great result - 3 points at that shithole always is. But I'm certain I wasn't the only one shifting uncomfortably in my seat as we went into the last 10 mins having failed to kill them off. Thankfully, the usual script didn't apply this time - but I can't say ithe run up to full time was pleasant.

Watsimo

We don't look to have learned any lessons.

We don't use our subs

We stick to a rigid 4-3-3

We rarely made opportunities against a packed defence. Only 2 in the whole game, 1 of which was late on and they were going for an equaliser.

It feels like we haven't improved on last year and if that's the case then we are relying on a Celtic collapse to win the league.
Said before the game we’re too predictable and Mcinnes has had a decent record against us.

Sure after 20 minutes we’d had 72% of the ball and hadn’t had a whiff of a threat and that’s not good enough.

I don’t mind tight wins by a goal, so long as we’ve ensured their back 4 have had a top game or keeper has had a great performance - these things happen.

We need to be more unpredictable and create more to ensure we’re not seeing out a game so nervy.

Im delighted we won and I do realise things are going on behind the scenes so need to be patient, but really don’t want to be seeing repeats of yesterday a month down the line.

Tagsbear

It’s ingrained in some folk I think, the thread the other day slating Tav for saying something totally uncontroversial being a prime example.

Knives are being sharpened and it’s sad to see as we really need to drop the negativity this season, sad to say but the longer we’re kept out of games might be a real advantage for us if the reaction to a comfortable win at Pittodrie is anything to go by.

knightswood_bear

So because we are glad to get the three points but could see plenty room for improvement, we're all Tims? Fkn grow up, man. It's a forum for discussion, not fkn schoolboy name-calling. Pathetic.

So, maybe I'm not going to be overly happy (perhaps) until I see league-winning performances week in week out. Even though I have stated on this thread that I'm happy to have taken the points. But hey, that makes me a ring-kissing, Tim? Or I want the team sacked? It's a discussion about points vs performance, not Prods v Tims. Nor is it a measure of Staunchness. Think some of you guys need to calm down a little.
That was exactly the type of performance that won Walter Smith multiple league titles mate.

TN8

"Aye but it's just a difference of opinion" say the people who don't like being told that their "opinion" is utter nonsense and bawbaggery.

In my opinion of course.

aghalee_hero

Official Ticketer
We looked comfortable at the back and the front 3 were doing some nice interchanging postitions that they were not last season. If our striker was in form it would have been a much handier win I'd say.

prenzlauerbear

FF is a broad church. Some fans have their glass-half-full; others empty. You'll find a few who take both sides to the extreme and many more who meet in the middle. Football is a game of interpretation and we all have our own opinions.

If everyone held the same view then it would defeat the purpose of the forum. You'd end up with an echo chamber of like-minded posters reinforcing each others' opinions. Where's the fun in that?

I get some hot takes can be particularly harsh, but debate them. Change minds. This isn't a dig at you OP, but there's been an uptick in posters moaning about posters moaning. It's all getting very meta. I just don't get what it achieves, and I say that as someone who is pretty positive about where we're at right now.

BlueNoseBlueblood

Everyone knows where our problem areas are difference being some of us try to focus on the positives of today and hope they can be addressed. It looks like we are reliant on releasing funds from the sale of Alfie to address these areas so let's look ahead and hope the transfer market is kind to us. We have a favourable run of games in the league so it's full steam ahead. This place will be the usual train wreck if the result isn't favourable against Leverkusen which will be grossly unfair
I've read thru a lot of posts and this is the first mention of Leverkusen
I've seen :))

To those who fear 2nd half performance was like last season 'negative games',
what if SG specifically told them "just concentrate on your passing and movement, avoid yellows and save energy for Thursday"?

I get those disappointed, i.e. having a Balogun threat at corners, why we didn't get a repeat of the Connor leap/header that we saw in the friendly game. That we didn't see "zing, crisp" passing all the time in the final 3rd, as we did in the friendlies
- after all, isn't it the case that "when you improve, that should be the new
standard/starting point"?

(Btw.. I called Arfield Replace Hagi 21 mins before it happened - Hagi's touch
was awful - but I'd no intention of posting that myself, just tagged into @Macca's
reply)

We Won, there were positives (Alfie not petulant, no injuries) - be happy
Bears, don't be ridiculing each other! :cool::)

Godrup99

We have folk on here today having a go at tav, Goldson, jack, kamara, arfield, hagi, Alfie and gerrard, when we have won, at one of hardest away grounds, mental, it's everything that's wrong with social media
Its been way ott as is usually the case on here. The ott would've been the same if we'd done a 5 nil and folk thinking we are blitzing this league. I noted some areas I hope weve changed on, namely getting the ball to fck when it needs done and utilising the space morelos leaves when he drops deep like for the goal. We didn't really do it but we did have aribo Kent and Hagi in the positions for it to happen. That clicks were onto something good. The one player I did note for errors was tav and its fair enough. 4 or 5 times the ball was given away completely needlessly or carelessly 2nd half as he went on some mad rampage. We won't get away with that forever and it has to be fixed. The marority of any limited sheep threat came down that side again. On the flip side, balogun offered swift cover. As I said many times yesterday, Joe aribo on early form could be our key.

Baxter Blue

There is not a lot to criticise in the team right now but I do have constructive criticism.
It is just the fear of continuing from last season where we can’t finish teams off and therefore need to player better from the middle to front,that’s the only negative I can see.

Bangersbc

It is unnessisary.

A pre-season of clean sheets and wins against quality opposition and we had the same negativity throughout. It carries on to our first fixture of the year (which after the fixtures were announced everyone was moaning about precisely because its a venue we are most likely to drop points) and even despite the win and clean sheet we get nothing but negativity! Ridiculous.

People do realise that theirs no bonus point system right?!? You don't need a 3 goal lead to get all 3 points!

I understand the nervousness during the game. But where is the relief and enjoyment after?!

The SPL were hoping we slip up. We denied them the satisfaction as much as we denied Aberdeen any proper chances in the whole game.

Bluethruandthru

It's pretty simple really.

You have a fan base brought up on a diet of success. The last few years have brought that craving to a peak as people are desperate to see the inevitable return of that success. Yet the closer it gets, the further away it can seem. That's football.

There's the media driven falacy of "stoping 10" of course which raises the anxiety levels in the more gulable among us too. Mistakes have been made along the way so caution and negatively have become highly prevalent.

The building blocks have slowly but surely become more stable. A few more pieces in place and we shouldn't be far away at all. The rest is mentality. That's the big lesson our Manager has to instill in this team. Get that right and this season should be the one to put an end to all that moaning.

AdiCR2

If that was at Ibrox yesterday would we have roared them onto a 1-0 victory or would we have moaned like %^*& and won to less than 30,000 at full time ?

it’s ingrained in our support to be moany bastards.

Carsons Army

I have seen a lot of folk ripping into players saying they were slow, off the pace etc. Also people having a go at using one sub. Why not? People need to mind this the 1st competitive game we have played in months. Personally I thought it was a good performance throughout.
its football fans im afraid. Very seldom do they think about how players have been set out to play regards tactics. All of a sudden it Kamara and Jack were poor. Yet the same poster wont mention how they won them individual battles. ie That they nullified Ferguson and Aberdeens Midfield.

OR

Morelos coming to deep. Yet dont spot him pulling the Aberdeen defence out of shape whilst our fullbacks are playing like wingers and we have two number 10s who have now space.

Our goal came from Aberdeen daring to play a high line. Last year we would not have got 3 points there. The SPFL gave us this game for a reason. And it backfired. Well done Rangers.

Worthy_Candidate

I think a lot of folk were just a bit frustrated that we never fully capitalised on our dominance of possession. And we have al seen that before.

While they combined brilliantly for Kent’s goal Hagi and Morelos didn’t have great games and we’re a bit rusty. If they had both been on it, that was the 4-0 our play warranted and there would have been universal contentment on the Forum.

truebluesince82

Couldn't it just be that we laboured to a 1-0 win against a poor and depleted Aberdeen side?

No need to polish a turd. We won we have the three points but let's hope and try for better.

The amount of money we have spent in comparison I expect with a full strength side to win with a little more style in what should be one of the biggest games of the season on opening day.

Not a complaint or crying just an honest assessment of what we watched. Need to do better if we want to win anything.