We won today why are people so critical

Ke55y

I can't be the only one nothing the crazy increase of negativity on here by a lot of posters. Everything and anything is wrong, a lot of the time without people even putting in a little thought before spouting their shit. The thing is it seems to be contagious.

It can be draining seeing so many moany barstewards seemingly just complain for the sake of complaining.

Out new centre half was a flop and there were pages and pages of arguments about it before he even played. Players we've been linked with absolutely slated and written of by people who had not even seen them play and the coaching and recruitment staff slated along with it on basis on a few lines from Wikipedia. We've had Gerrard slated for not changing things or learning when our goal yesterday was due to him changing the approach and role of Morelos in order to pull the defense out. We won a difficult opening tie yesterday but still thoughtless moan after moan.

We even officially got rid of Ashley.
Granted we're not going to score 3,4,5 every game, although we'd love to, there will be tough games. Juventus, Barcelona and many other top teams will do the same, that's football.

Gerrard has made changes to tactics and it's clear players he is after are in line with fitting those changes. We had a great pre season, won our toughest game over the next month in the league and things are looking bright.

It got me thinking, is there more to this than Timposters? Maybe it's Covid causing an increase in negativity.

It's ridiculous and getting worse game by game...wait and see this place if leverkusen beat us on there own ground will be a blood bath which in itself is fucking ludicrous but it will happen

Carsons Army

Its been way ott as is usually the case on here. The ott would've been the same if we'd done a 5 nil and folk thinking we are blitzing this league. I noted some areas I hope weve changed on, namely getting the ball to fck when it needs done and utilising the space morelos leaves when he drops deep like for the goal. We didn't really do it but we did have aribo Kent and Hagi in the positions for it to happen. That clicks were onto something good. The one player I did note for errors was tav and its fair enough. 4 or 5 times the ball was given away completely needlessly or carelessly 2nd half as he went on some mad rampage. We won't get away with that forever and it has to be fixed. The marority of any limited sheep threat came down that side again. On the flip side, balogun offered swift cover. As I said many times yesterday, Joe aribo on early form could be our key.
good fair post, I thought any other Rangers defender would have taken the player out wide away from the goals. Nope. He was decisive and showed great pace to kill the threat dead there and then.

Carsons Army

There's nothing wrong with folk having an opinion on the game. It's a forum for discussion.

It was a good win today with plenty of positives and one or two causes for concern.
100% but if giving a bad negative, if there is any positives regarding said player, dont purposely leave them out. At least make it balanced if its due. And it was in most negatives I have read.

Anyway thats 2 points up already from last season after 1 game.

The Hooded Claw

Admit I am a moany b@stard when watching on TV but at Ibrox I get fully behind the team. Dont know why I'm like this but I'm a nightmare when we are on the telly. Sometimes just take the dog out instead if I'm not at the game!

Mr Wilton

Some folk on here are genuinely in awe of and terrified of the tarriers.
This is so right. Some of us are believing their press! They are a nothing and we can take them with our current squad! That hard games are the ones like yesterday! 3 points, no injuries and job done! I sometimes wonder if it’s just Tims sowing the seeds of doubt!

Carsons Army

This is so right. Some of us are believing their press! They are a nothing and we can take them with our current squad! That hard games are the ones like yesterday! 3 points, no injuries and job done! I sometimes wonder if it’s just Tims sowing the seeds of doubt!
This in abundance. The smelly tramps are deep rooted.

Mr Wilton

What if I rejoice in the result and point out a few things in our performance? Is that allowed ?
Nothing wrong with being constructive. We took a touch too many at points yesterday and didn’t move the ball forward as fast as we should have. I’ll take that as the 1st game I expect that to improve. But delighted with the result.

wee_bear

It was a great result yesterday and the first half could only have been more perfect if we bagged another couple of goals.

There is no point denying the fact that Gerrard remains reluctant of making the bold decisions during a game to wrestle the momentum back when its slipping away. We survived yesterday mainly due to good defending but for god sake give the opposition something else to think about rather than wait for a 2nd goal on the counter.

Its the only gripe I have with the manager, he’s pretty much perfect for us in every other aspect but he must realise that the players cannot keep up what he wants for a full 90 mins against a defensive unit. We need a plan B or to be putting these games to bed, one of the two, every single week.

Bluegeo64

Outside of FF, most normal supporters you speak to are happy to have won away from home against a notoriously difficult opponent, without conceding a goal and not even allowing the opposition a shot on goal.

Even Shelley Kerr and no less than Craig fuuuckin Gordon both praised our result and performance on Sportscene last night.

Some folk on here are genuinely in awe of and terrified of the tarriers.
In the cold light of day 3 points is all that counts and the comments about keeping a clean sheet and restricting our opponent are evident but as a passionate fan, going into that last 10 minutes was a very uncomfortable experience based on the knowledge of so many similar performances last season - dominate especially in one half, take the lead and then lose our way with the opposition sucker punching us late in the game with their only opportunity.

At the end I felt relief more than anything.

DougieJones

100% but if giving a bad negative, if there is any positives regarding said player, dont purposely leave them out. At least make it balanced if its due. And it was in most negatives I have read.

Anyway thats 2 points up already from last season after 1 game.
No, we beat Killie opening game last season, then whipped Hibs 6-1. I see a similar dominant performance against St Mirren. Our first balls up was losing 2-0 to scum at Ibrox. This is a Rangers team that thrives on confidence and I'm confident we can go on a long winning run before playing them in October. Crucially, no artificial break to derail our momentum this season. Reasons for optimism people, performances will improve, as long as it's 3 points right now, I'm happy.

Billiericky

Covid 19 has caused a lot of frustration in our lives.

One of the biggest frustrations for many of us is not being able to attend a football match and watch our team play. Watching Rangers winning a match on TV does not compensate.

Our team are doing well. The board are steering us in the right direction. SG and the coaching staff are all performing.

Deep down we're really quite pleased with 3 points out of 3. :)) :)) :))

The Iceman

Very happy to win , but let's be honest going into our obligatory 7 extra mins of added on time when we are only one goal ahead is going to be our downfall.

Carsons Army

No, we beat Killie opening game last season, then whipped Hibs 6-1. I see a similar dominant performance against St Mirren. Our first balls up was losing 2-0 to scum at Ibrox. This is a Rangers team that thrives on confidence and I'm confident we can go on a long winning run before playing them in October. Crucially, no artificial break to derail our momentum this season. Reasons for optimism people, performances will improve, as long as it's 3 points right now, I'm happy.
I judge it on who we played last season, not on order of games, 2 points up. We played Aberdeen once away last season and dropped 2 points.

KensingtonBlue

It was an excellent first half.

Not so great in the second but we ground out a result at a place we usually struggle. We didn’t often manage that last season.

That’s why we’ll be Champions.

Aragorn

Purely because at 1 - 0 you just know that one little mistake could mean the difference between three points and one.

I remember during the pre season, commentators were saying that Rangers would come up against teams who would just defend and hope for a breakaway goal.

We are going to have to get used to it.

WolverineBlues

Personally I'm delighted with the win and 3 points. We started with a win at a tricky away ground and its early doors in the season.

Its clear we need more goals to finish teams off but hopefully that will come.

No panic from this bear.

Ross_

Official Ticketer
3 points is 3 points if we have another 37 of them we will all be celebrating 55.

the reason people are critical is the performance wasn’t great (especially 2nd half) and seeing our bench yesterday shows just how short of quality we are - however 3 points on the board and a clean sheet should far out weight and negatives.

coplandrearl36

Official Ticketer
I am delighted with the 3 points and a clean sheet, considering we never got out of 2nd gear and new signings are on the way.

2 home matches coming up aswell
See that is part of the problem, some think to far in advance, forget the next 2 home games.
Our next game should be our focus, once that’s out the way we move on to the next game.
Every manager does that,
On here last year some were trying to guess how many points we would take from next 5 games and how many that mob would take.
It’s a pointless exercise, people moan if it doesn’t happen.

Ross_

Official Ticketer
Personally I'm delighted with the win and 3 points. We started with a win at a tricky away ground and its early doors in the season.

Its clear we need more goals to finish teams off but hopefully that will come.

No panic from this bear.
I agree with this .... however yesterday ... of the bench he had at his disposal - should would you bring on and for who?
Hagi came off as he looked shattered after 60 mins.
The subs listed only ones who could have came on in an attacking sense - Barker / Stewart and Murphy - asume that means taking off Kent / Morelos - rest we’re defensive minded.

TN8

What if I rejoice in the result and point out a few things in our performance? Is that allowed ?
Of course - its exactly what most people have done, including me.

But surely you've seen the "that was shite" "why did we only use wan sub" and "Gerrard hasn't learned" pish? Some of them actually sound annoyed Aberdeen didn't equalise and give them an excuse to go into full blown vein-popping rage mode.

Recoba

Official Ticketer
See that is part of the problem, some think to far in advance, forget the next 2 home games.
Our next game should be our focus, once that’s out the way we move on to the next game.
Every manager does that,
On here last year some were trying to guess how many points we would take from next 5 games and how many that mob would take.
I don't think fans thinking a few games ahead had any impact on our teams capitulation, I merely said we have 2 home league matches coming up next.

coplandrearl36

Official Ticketer
I don't think fans thinking a few games ahead had any impact on our teams capitulation, I merely said we have 2 home league matches coming up next.
Nothing to do with capitulation, when referring to 2 home games next, automatically people equate to 6 points, if it‘s not obtained meltdown, negativity.
If you just concentrate on next game, build the momentum of positivity it’s a far better place.

Monty_greenock34

Every manager does that,
Its a problem to look at two home games positively?

Got_The_Blues

Like it or not we are going to have to kill games off or we will drop points in games we dominate. Hanging on for 1-0 won’t do.
Exactly this.Delighted with the result and first half performance.The second half I felt we squandered opportunities and were too casual on the ball.Hagi and Kamara both should have hit the target at a minimum with the chances they had.Defensively I also thought we looked good all be it we were hardly tested much by that dismal sheep team.I just hope we don’t slip into the lots of possession and no penetration of defences like last season,3 good players required in that squad,the lack of options on our bench to turn a game is a bit grim, confident that changes this coming week.

Shamrock hand and crown

I’m sure our support is made up of people who are bullied by the wife and have got to either go to the match and moan or come on here and moan.
We went to Aberdeen and came away with 3 points. Cheer up for goodness sake.

Reactions: TN8

Commentator

I’m sure our support is made up of people who are bullied by the wife and have got to either go to the match and moan or come on here and moan.
We went to Aberdeen and came away with 3 points. Cheer up for goodness sake.
See if that's all that matters, why go to the games, why watch it on the TV? Folk with this mindset would be as well just looking at the result. Stop pretending the performance isn't important.
- can't say anymore, the wife's looking for me to do the hoovering. Right now.

wee bud's pit boots

Like it or not we are going to have to kill games off or we will drop points in games we dominate. Hanging on for 1-0 won’t do.
An oasis in a desert of insanity squire.

I grew up on, was spoon fed stories by my old man about the Iron Curtain defence.

Ours is not a very strong defence by any means, if results over SG's tenure is anything to go by. And I do go by them.

Each and every one of us would have taken the 1-0 win, the three points and an away visit to the sheep dip already out of the way this time yesterday.

But our brilliant play for a superb goal apart, for all our domination we didn't make one chance, not one clear chance in that first half.

And when you don't put games to bed all it takes is for one set piece, one six yard box rammy and you are back to square one, as the kerfuffle in the box that ended with the big yin whacking his head off the post proved.

Remember, this isn't a Serie A team drilled in the defensive arts, but garbage from up north who will ship goals all over the shop in the months to come. That has to be a worry and suggests to me we still need someone who is capable of that killer pass.

Of course there will be games where you huff and puff and get by, when you 'win ugly'. That is football, always has been, always will be.

But there has been a recurring theme over the last two seasons when we have played teams off the park and have had nothing to show for it. We need that second goal.

We also have to look at how we utilise Jack and Kamara, because it seems to me they are cancelling each other out and you don't need the pair of them playing in a game were you know we are going to be on the front foot for almost all of the game.

Great result, half decent performance and hopefully loads more to come.

delboi

Its several things...

Yes, it did look similar to last season where we dominated but didn't finish them off so I understand the concern there.
I don't think we were off the pace - bear in mind this is the first competitive game for how many months? First half I thought the tempo was good, won the ball back as soon as we lost it, although Aberdeen were poor.

Other things are that this is the internet so people find it easier to criticise than be positive. If they say something critical and further down the line they are proven right then they say "I told you so". If they are proven wrong then nobody really remembers what they said anywqy and everyone is happy as Rangers have probably won.