Wednesday - Can’t Travel Due To Out Of Date Passport

I remember 9 years ago for my current passport I had to go and get a same day renewal because of work (country I was being sent to required 6 months). I got there about 10am and had a new passport by 5pm.

I take it the Passport Office is another place that’s on its arse at the moment making this impossible.

I’ll never forgive myself for letting my passport get to two months and missing this Wednesday. Hope everyone has a great time and bring that trophy home. Heartbroken doesn’t put into words how I feel the now.
I know a few are having a light-hearted laugh with you but I genuinely feel gutted for you, all these trips you have been on and missing this one out.
I bet nearly everyone that read that went and checked their passport

I’ll never forgive myself for letting my passport get to two months and missing this Wednesday. Hope everyone has a great time and bring that trophy home. Heartbroken doesn’t put into words how I feel the now.
I’m the same, gutted Tried like hell last week. In the end I had to let my son and pals book without me. Couldn’t speak about the game for a couple of days.
Buzzing for it now though. Cmon.

Not suggesting this is a good idea but I know somehow who is in the same situation and is travelling on a sort of similar looking persons passport. Paid the name change when he realised. When I say sort of, they are white and the same age. No idea how it will go but clearly the face scanners won’t work so he’ll need to go to the person and just hope they think it’s an old photo.

Please keep us updated on how this turns out for them.

Gutted for you mate, seen earlier you said same on twitter.

I nearly had the same issue before Belgrade and had to divert myself via Switzerland cos their rules are slightly different and was nearly in tears at the thought of missing out on that trip. I then got my new passport fast tracked before Braga, nightmare all in.

Keep the head up mate and enjoy it best you can.

Gutted for you mate, seen earlier you said same on twitter.

I nearly had the same issue before Belgrade and had to divert myself via Switzerland cos their rules are slightly different and was nearly in tears at the thought of missing out on that trip. I then got my new passport fast tracked before Braga, nightmare all in.

Keep the head up mate and enjoy it best you can.
Be back to it next season mate, gutted bit Rangers win is all that matters just a shame we won’t have any small shiteholes to go to next season haha. Have a blast mate

Not suggesting this is a good idea but I know somehow who is in the same situation and is travelling on a sort of similar looking persons passport. Paid the name change when he realised. When I say sort of, they are white and the same age. No idea how it will go but clearly the face scanners won’t work so he’ll need to go to the person and just hope they think it’s an old photo.
YOLO fs. Fortune favours the brave and I’m rooting for the bravest of Bears.

If your passport will get you to Renfrew, you would be more than welcome to the loyalist shed.

You don't come across as a do gooder, so you would fit in very well.

Gutting for you, finding a long enough window for renewal with all our euro away games would've been tough even if you had noticed. I have narrowly managed to avoid the same issue, my passport expires 19th Aug 22.. 3 months left exactly on the day I fly back.

My cousin and his girlfriend were due to fly to Spain last Friday. Got to the airport and her passport didn’t have enough time on it. Turned away and now sitting at home. Didn’t have tickets for the match but had booked travel Malaga-Sevilla. All cancelled. He’s not very happy with her.:eek:

There’s no chance of blagging a way through. Won’t get beyond Passport Control in the UK.
The wife would be left sat at home alone if that was me.

Please keep us updated on how this turns out for them.
For the avoidance of doubt I think he's a loony. He's giving himself the best chance and is going to dress smart and stay sober. I said he'd probably be better getting drunk and banking a phone up his arse so he doesn't need to wait to use the prison phone.

Do you think he has any chance of not ending up in a Spanish jail? He will see this thread at some point.

For the avoidance of doubt I think he's a loony. He's giving himself the best chance and is going to dress smart and stay sober. I said he'd probably be better getting drunk and banking a phone up his arse so he doesn't need to wait to use the prison phone.

Do you think he has any chance of not ending up in a Spanish jail?
I used my mates passport to get into bonkers when I was 16 so you never know. I would chance it aswell.

If it makes you feel any better I’ll be on a flight from Paphos, landing in Glasgow with about the last 10mins of the game to go.

Absolutely gutted I’m missing it.

If it makes you feel any better I’ll be on a flight from Paphos, landing in Glasgow with about the last 10mins of the game to go.

Don’t think anything will make me feel better mate haha. Boy took my flights never charged him just name change so that’s one plus someone else got a way out

Do you think he has any chance of not ending up in a Spanish jail? He will see this thread at some point.
I don’t think there’s a chance in Hell he gets through. Do the pair of them realise that his mate will be in the shit as well? He will get done for aiding and abetting him - unless they agree your mate stole the passport from him.:eek:

Honestly, it’s absolute madness.

It's an absolutely ridiculous idea, he's trying to get out the country with what is essentially a fake passport, he'll get lifted if he gets caught and will be lucky to even see the game on tv

I don’t think there’s a chance in Hell he gets through. Do the pair of them realise that his mate will be in the shit as well? He will get done for aiding and abetting him - unless they agree your mate stole the passport from him.:eek:

Honestly, it’s absolute madness.
It’s actually beyond madness. You’re looking at the jail for that stuff

I got mine back in 4 days bud. Hopefully you’ve had some joy with it. Gutting.

He is 100% absolutely, definitely, no doubt about it going to jail

Who's the boy flying with? If it's CTM they will both end up barred from Ibrox as well I'd imagine

This is madness.

But I admire the lengths he’s going to, hope he pulls it off.

Appreciate things are probably different in a post brexit world but there is no way on this planet I wouldn’t have tried.
Going to Leipzig via Nurnberg I had to go through check in, security AND then a further passport control before the departure gate. Maybe Spain is more relaxed due to the British pound but the Germans were much stricter

Might not get the chance, normally you get herded into the face scanners. Would be sweating like a drug mule being pulled over to passport control :eek:

You have to give your passport details prior to going to the airport
All you have to do is put in 2023 for the expiry date.
It’s a risk worth taking and you can say that that’s what you thought it was when you filled in if anyone asks.

I remember back in the 70's going to Turin, Eindhoven, Valencia, etc on a one year British Visitors Passport.
You went into the Post Office with the form, a photo and £5. You walked out 10 minutes later with your wee cardboard passport.
The world was a simpler place then.

It's none of by business, but surely this could have been avoided and with relative ease?

All you have to do is put in 2023 for the expiry date.
It’s a risk worth taking and you can say that that’s what you thought it was when you filled in if anyone asks.
They are checked though, will get flagged up for being wrong

It’s not CTM. He is flying direct from the UK to Spain so only one flight. He is actually going ahead with it. He hasn’t missed a game (barring Covid and even at that he went to a whack of them) in quite a while and didn’t have any window to renew because of the Euro run.

He’s a normal guy with a decent job and a lot to lose but nobody can convince him otherwise.

It’s not CTM. He is flying direct from the UK to Spain so only one flight. He is actually going ahead with it. He hasn’t missed a game (barring Covid and even at that he went to a whack of them) in quite a while and didn’t have any window to renew because of the Euro run.

He’s a normal guy with a decent job and a lot to lose but nobody can convince him otherwise.
I wish him Good Luck - but I think we all know where this ends. I hope the guy who's lending him the passport realises he will be in the shit as well?

Its his final exam of his 6th year highers and he needs the results for uni, had the daytrip been straight back from Seville I'd have probably risked it for him, not going without him either, I know folk have their opinions but it is what it is, believe me i've been over every permutation and its been a long time since I've felt this low but our tickets have been passed on to two very deserving mates now.

Really feel for you mate but you've made the right decision. We had a moment day after the semi final win at Ibrox. Something came up which was going to prevent my son travelling and I had made up my mind that I couldn't go without him. Luckily this was resolved and we are going and have tickets.

As an aside he had his English Higher morning after Manchester so we had to drive straight back up the road. A bit easier than flying from Seville right enough.

NB: He passed:D

It's none of by business, but surely this could have been avoided and with relative ease
Unfortunately not, taking the the wee one to visit her great grandparents as they’ve never met her before. Only flights we could get that were a reasonable time for the little one!

I’m genuinely gonna be shitting myself to take my phone off airplane mode when we land

Gutted for the OP,

I was going to try and take my 4 kids (18 to 26 ),three of them are at uni so I was going to pay most of it .
But one of my boys passport is also out of date :confused:,so a combination of that and the crazy money involved just couldn't manage it
Friends and family in the house for us on Wednesday.

With all the activity and excitement today I really feel for you mate.
WATP.

Unfortunately not, taking the the wee one to visit her great grandparents as they’ve never met her before. Only flights we could get that were a reasonable time for the little one!

I’m genuinely gonna be shitting myself to take my phone off airplane mode when we land

Ever?

Honestly mate I'd still change it now. Either come back a day (or two) earlier or later and at least be able to watch he game. The airport/flight experience will be shite with a young kid at a horrible time, well aware of that and have endured it myself, but it will ultimately pass.

Edit: if it's just one bairn, no reason she can't bring them herself and you fly back to anywhere in the UK a day in advance to catch the game.

Back