Wednesday Football - ECL, Europa and English Championship

I don't care much for Man Utd, but I really enjoyed that game. Great entertainment.
How McTominay got the nod ahead of Pogba, I really don't get.

16 matches this week in CL. 7 of the matches had a team scoring at least 4 goals. The CL is now a competition where elite teams thrash the also rans. Is it worth getting £30m if you take 3, 4 or 5 doings ?

16 matches this week in CL. 7 of the matches had a team scoring at least 4 goals. The CL is now a competition where elite teams thrash the also rans. Is it worth getting £30m if you take 3, 4 or 5 doings ?
F#ck, I was ripped to shreds after the Malmo debacle for saying the same thing... :oops:

It wouldn’t make for pleasant viewing but if we got there the £30m would obviously help take us forward as a club.

F#ck, I was ripped to shreds after the Malmo debacle for saying the same thing... :oops:
Because it's daft on various levels but the biggest reason is that we're still relying on soft loans to survive.

A support that survived 2012 should not be scared of losing football matches.

And the Champions League should be where our club is always aiming to play. Unless the height of our ambition is the last 32 of the EL?

It wouldn’t make for pleasant viewing but if we got there the £30m would obviously help take us forward as a club.
Not really convinced spending £30m would help us v Liverpool, Chelsea, Bayern, PSG, Ajax or Real. It would help us domestically but do you think Kent, Kamara, Barasic etc would want to stay getting thrashed ?

Not really convinced spending £30m would help us v Liverpool, Chelsea, Bayern, PSG, Ajax or Real. It would help us domestically but do you think Kent, Kamara, Barasic etc would want to stay getting thrashed ?
Let's be honest, if we're qualifying for the actual CL on a regular basis we're not gonna be playing with the likes of Kent, Kamara and Barisic.

Do you think we want the CL cash so we can compete with these super clubs? Really?

Watch out for our next set of accounts.

Pretty perplexing this has to be explained to people.

Do you think we want the CL cash so we can compete with these super clubs? Really?

Watch out for our next set of accounts.

Pretty perplexing this has to be explained to people.
I never even suggested that. I said that getting into the CL group stages will give us £30m (which I want, and we need) but we would have to accept some thrashings.
This is FF however, can you imaging it after a 4 or 5 goal defeat ? It would be carnage.

Some comeback for Man Utd there but Scholes
( on BT Sports )is right they will get pumped by Liverpool on Sunday if they give that 1st half performance again.

Rashford and Maguire have cost United recently with their sloppiness but that was quite the comeback, topped off by The Master.

You get the feeling neither OGS nor Man Utd arent as bad as many attention seeking pundits suggest, theyre just not as good as Klopp/Liverpool, Tuchel/Chelsea etc.

Theyll probably do reasonably well in the CL without threatening to win it and theyll probably finish 4th in the EPL.

Which is probably the limits of expectation.

Rashford and Maguire have cost United recently with their sloppiness but that was quite the comeback, topped off by The Master.

You get the feeling neither OGS nor Man Utd arent as bad as many attention seeking pundits suggest, theyre just not as good as Klopp/Liverpool, Tuchel/Chelsea etc.

Theyll probably do reasonably well in the CL without threatening to win it and theyll probably finish 4th in the EPL.

Which is probably the limits of expectation.
For the money they have spent and the squad they have they should be winning the Premier League and Champions league. Absolutely no excuses.

I would say there is an excuse for them not winning the PL and the CL, that being the other sides are really, really good.

The issue in the PL though is they are going to finish about 15 points off pace of the other sides which is a complete failure with the side they have. They have already dropped too many points in the PL to win it

Back