Wednesday night football

Is goal difference used in tie-braking situations in the Champions league rather than head-to-head?

I had Manchester United as 2nd in their group, but apparently they're top due to goal difference.

However in the Europa League, we are top of our group due to head-to-head record.

Strange.

Merci PSG

tenor.gif

The lazio ‘penalty’ not reviewed by VAR cost me a brilliant £400 line tonight. The Dortmund player is penalised for passing the ball and being ran into. I have never seen anything like it and they didn’t check it with VAR.

Pig sick seeing that decision.

Is goal difference used in tie-braking situations in the Champions league rather than head-to-head?

I had Manchester United as 2nd in their group, but apparently they're top due to goal difference.

However in the Europa League, we are top of our group due to head-to-head record.

Strange.
The difference is that three teams are tied on points in United’s group. Head to head is used when two teams are level but when it’s three or four teams then they are separated by Goal Difference

Yep. Everyone watching the game could see he was one tackle away from getting sent off. Especially considering they can use 5 subs. Dumbass.

The ref after the game said Fred should have gone to sleep for 10 minutes and stayed off the refs radar.

Was listening to Danny Mills on the radio. He said it was a rubbing of heads. Phuck sake a blind man could see Fred went forward with his head. Red.

The ref after the game said Fred should have gone to sleep for 10 minutes and stayed off the refs radar.

Was listening to Danny Mills on the radio. He said it was a rubbing of heads. Phuck sake a blind man could see Fred went forward with his head. Red.

Ferdinand and Scholes going easy on Solskjaer. Awful decision not to sub him before or at the break.

Just watched mini highlights.
Fred: the red/yellow card incident was not absolutely a red as it was more of a push of the head and the PSG player went down in an exagerrated fashion. I'm saying it was debatable so the ref was correct in not changing his decision.
Fred: the yellow card incident, he got the ball and this was a mistake by the ref, no yellow card for me.
It was a close game and PSG just edged it for me.
VAR should be binned as it is not required, these are subjective decisions. I would only keep it for offsides as it is annoying when a mistake is made and there is a clear error though the tolerance of the adjudication needs looking at, umpire's call with a 6 inch tolerance with the benefit going to the attacker?

Back