Back Pages Wednesday's Back Pages - 23 images

Crystal Palace FC tweeted that the fee for Edouard was 6.5m

that Morten Olsen story would be good to hear from a professional football person who knows what they are saying .

that Morten Olsen story would be good to hear from a professional football person who knows what they are saying .
They didn't. That's how much he costs to buy on fantasy football :)

"Spurs Star" Cameron Carter-Vickers.

Games played for Spurs? ZERO!

Been at Spurs since 2016 and put out on loan 6 times previously - this being his 7th.

Thanks Mark, nothing really fresh today, so the rags exaggerate the fees for Edouard and Christie, nothing ever changes.

They keep printing the £15m fee…English papers are quoting £14.
Celtic paid £9m a few the balance of £5m is split 60/40 with PSG thereby netting CFC £3m. A significant drop from the MSM news a year ago of £40m Eddie!!

"Spurs star "haha. The "spurs star" that's barely broken into double figures for USA caps and struggled at Luton.

Where was John Greechan talking about volume of fixtures and player welfare when Rangers had Thursday-Sunday games for the three years prior to this? Or is it only an issue when one team is rebuilding and has a small squad?

I see that Filth FC now have loanees from Spurs and Benfica.
Why does the multi-million club with zillions in the bank and who sell their stars for incredibly high fees need to bring in so many loanees?
Is there a single journalist in Scotland who would ask this question?

I see that Filth FC now have loanees from Spurs and Benfica.
Why does the multi-million club with zillions in the bank and who sell their stars for incredibly high fees need to bring in so many loanees?
Is there a single journalist in Scotland who would ask this question?
Is there such a thing as a journalist in this country?

On the bright side, the ugly puss of player/coach L Muncher has disappeared from the back pages for some time now. Qarabag are still laughing at him, a pylon in the middle of the park.

It’s £14m plus potential add ons for Edouard (£3m profit) and £1m fir Christie, £15m not £21.5m reported by the Sun :rolleyes:

If they made 21.5 last night they would have bought a defender not took one on loan. We get offered 8 for a real talent and they get 18 for a one year left player who has downed tools, can't see it.

I'm probably less suspicious of the media being "out to get us", but in the space of three pages above you have:

Celtc make 21.5m on sales - It was widely reported they got 14m and 2.5m, less 40% (-2m) from the Edouard sale. That's 14.5m so they've added 50% to the value.

Rangers let players leave - No Rangers sent them out on loan. Negative twist on us doing our business to get players game time.

Celtc bolster attack with duo - They sold two of their best attackers from the last couple of years and brought in a loanee and a one season wonder. I'd think if given the option and contracts aside, most tims would have preferred to keep Edouard and Christie. I'm not sure how that bolsters anything.

That 25k they all refuse to pay has really hit them hard. Negative spin after negative spin.

Back