Back Pages Wednesday's Back Pages - 25 images

I see the media now have games against Hibs as a grudge match. Then there's Aberdeen and Celtic. Looks like they're trying to paint us as the bad guys again.

Media are spinning Ross Wilson's comments on contracts as if they were aimed at Goldson. I long for the day when people spend the time to watch/hear what was actually said and in what context instead of taking the time to read this pish.

Gordon Ashley claiming European Cup Winners Cup as 3rd biggest European competition Rangers won when it was actually the 2nd biggest European Competition!

Then compares the ECWC to the equivalent of a parachute charity league circus safety net from the main European tournaments!

His comment alone should earn him a hotline ban from his colleagues!

Last edited:
Media are spinning Ross Wilson's comments on contracts as if they were aimed at Goldson. I long for the day when people spend the time to watch/hear what was actually said and in what context instead of taking the time to read this pish.

To be fair, I think a lot of us took it as being more or less aimed in that direction.

Thanks for posting Mark. I am ashamed to admit how much I have loved Thompson's drunken ramblings. 'Cheated' in the UEFA cup final, him pouring a drink over Mourhino and running away (what a tough guy), Lennon throwing his drunk mate to the wolves, Motherwell unfairly celebrating the biggest result they had had since they won the cup. The entitled whining, the back-stabbing. Pure C3lt1c.

All glorious reading and every word he wrote confirms that he is a real pr1ck.

1972 ECWC winners defeated clubs representing Russia , West Germany, Italy , Portugal and France .
That is a top quality achievement in anyone’s book especially when the winners are representing Scotland with Domestic staff . Legends .

1972 ECWC winners defeated clubs representing Russia , West Germany, Italy , Portugal and France .
That is a top quality achievement in anyone’s book especially when the winners are representing Scotland with Domestic staff . Legends .
Add in that the Bayern side we defeated made up at least half of the German world cup winning side plus went on to win three European Cups 1974,75 & 76.

Thanks Mark
Thomson really is desperate. “I am not a grass but the player who started Ruck was Bulgarian!”
What a clown.
Such a vague clue expressed in such a subtle manner, obviously to protect his teammate.
Anything less would be cvuntish.
Oh ... wait!

When you compare the teams we beat in 72 . To the dross they beat in 67 . There is no comparison.

Bud Hay informs us we are counting our chickens before they hatch as we are saying we are going to win the league.

He then goes on to count his chickens before they hatch by proclaiming they are somehow going to beat us at the noncehouse.

Gordon Ashley claiming European Cup Winners Cup as 3rd biggest European competition Rangers won when it was actually the 2nd biggest European Competition!

Then compares the ECWC to the equivalent of a parachute charity league circus safety net from the main European tournaments!

His comment alone should earn him a hotline ban from his colleagues!
I think that guy has a direct line to that page,pure click bait. A wind up merchant in order to get a reaction. I don't know why they don't just give him his own column and be done with it. The DR eesidt comedian and not a good one at that.

Back