Wednesday's Champions League and other football

Vidal is a fu.cking moron, booked twice for dissent in the same incident. Think Alfie in Ufa but 100000x more aggressive & actually justifiable.

Vidal booked for remonstrating at not being given a pen & decides to shout in the refs face again.

Sent off
It was pretty stupid. That said, I think it was pretty poor refereeing to not say it was under VAR checks if it still is. He could've calmed the situation down instead of just swatting them all away while it was clearly being checked. Easy to say from back here mind but I'd be raging if that went against us - which with Alfredo is always a possibility that we might need to worry about at some point.

Salzburg miss another sitter, this is honestly mental. Ajax & Salzburg should genuinely be 4-0 up, each.

I get stick sometimes on here for saying we should win X game, but teams like Marseille & Olympiacos we should genuinely be sweeping aside with ease.

Both pish, like a good few of the 3rd/4th placed teams in these groups.

I can’t stand when players surround the ref like that. It should be an automatic booking
This.

Always say it but rugby has the right idea in these situations. The captain speaks to the ref and if the ref speaks to a player, the captain is present. This shouting/ surrounding the ref doesn't happen and if it does - yellow card and off you go for 10.

To be fair, Vidal had a case but idiotic way of going about it.

I get stick sometimes on here for saying we should win X game, but teams like Marseille & Olympiacos we should genuinely be sweeping aside with ease.
Both pish, like a good few of the 3rd/4th placed teams in these groups.

I don’t think we would sweep them aside with ease, I think that’s an overstatement. But we could certainly finish 3rd in a few groups.

As Leverkusen showed us, beyond that, it’s a big step up

I decided to plump for the Liverpool game last minute, awful. Although my 1st pick of the goals show would have been just as bad seemingly. Hopefully goals 2nd half all around

I don’t think we would sweep them aside with ease, I think that’s an overstatement. But we could certainly finish 3rd in a few groups.

As Leverkusen showed us, beyond that, it’s a big step up
Leverkusen mauled Porto who have dispatched of they two with relative ease. We would struggle against the likes of Mönchengladbach here through.

Look at Porto’s group, I’d be confident of coming second, likewise with Dortmund’s group.

That said, they two are outliers as they are poorer than the rest. We’d comfortably dispatch all the 4th placed teams though, like you said.

Leverkusen mauled Porto, we would struggle against Mönchengladbach etc. Look at Porto’s group, I’d be confident of coming second.

In that group, yeah we’d have a shout. It’s pretty weak. And we’re better than any of the 4th seed in any group.

Im just saying, we wouldn’t batter Marseille or Olympiakos. That’s still a bit of a step up from Standard Liege or Lech Poznań.

In that group, yeah we’d have a shout. It’s pretty weak. And we’re better than any of the 4th seed in any group.

Im just saying, we wouldn’t batter Marseille or Olympiakos. That’s still a bit of a step up from Standard Liege or Lech Poznań.
Fair enough mate, I’d be confident of beating both -1. Optimist loyal.

What a cheating tit Vidal, it was bad enough he lasted at Barca for so long but I can’t believe he’s ended up at another top club.

Last edited:
What a cheating toy Vidal, it was bad enough he lasted at Barca for so long but I can’t believe he’s ended up at another top club.
I ridiculed it as an old pals act, but understood it short term due to his winning mentality etc. That said, I never watched him at Barca.

I ridiculed it as an old pals act, but understood it short term due to his winning mentality etc. That said, I never watched him at Barca.

He’s just an ill-disciplined bull in a China shop. How he ended up at that club in particular is mystifying. In his prime he had his place in some of Europe’s top teams but that ship sailed 4 or 5 years ago.

Back