Wednesday's English football

JayDee

TV games:

Brentford v Preston North End (Championship) 17:00 Sky Sports Football

Man City v Bournemouth 18:00 Sky One / Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD / Pick

Burnley v Wolves 18:00 BBC One/BBC Two / BBC iPlayer

Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur 18:00 BT Sport 1 / BT Sport Extra 1 / BT Sport Ultimate

Arsenal v Liverpool 20:15 Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD.

Whoever said, and I think it was on Sunday's English football thread, that the Premier League new season starts a week after us....I've spent the last 3 days believing that and it's absolute garbage.

Some team news:

Man City: Ederson, Walker, Otamendi, Stones, Mendy, Fernandinho, Rodri, David Silva, Foden, Jesus, Bernardo Silva

Bournemouth: Ramsdale, Stacey, Cook, Kelly, Rico, Stanislas, Gosling, Lerma, Groeneveld, King, Solanke.

Otamendi and Stones. A side like Man City shouldn’t have to field a centre back pairing like that, two calamities.

Otamendi and Stones. A side like Man City shouldn’t have to field a centre back pairing like that, two calamities.

Stones is Pep's only real failure in terms of improving a player.

Still making the same daft mistakes he did at Everton 4 years ago.

Stones is Pep's only real failure in terms of improving a player.

Still making the same daft mistakes he did at Everton 4 years ago.

I’d agree with that. He should have really punted Otamendi too, he’s the type that’ll sell them up the river in the CL again, bit like David Luiz in terms of just being rash and brainless at times.

That was quality from Jesus, ball control was exceptional.

Reactions: SDF
I’d agree with that. He should have really punted Otamendi too, he’s the type that’ll sell them up the river in the CL again, bit like David Luiz in terms of just being rash and brainless at times.

That was quality from Jesus, ball control was exceptional.

Aye, Jesus has the talent but needs the proper run of starts for consistency.

How have Bournemouth gone from a top half side to playing Dominic Solanke and likely getting relegated. Howe should have got out 2 years ago.

City all over the place at the back and hanging on against Bournemouth. That should have been 2-2

Also wtf was that noise Carragher just made :D

City all over the place at the back and hanging on against Bournemouth. That should have been 2-2

Also wtf was that noise Carragher just made :D

Somethinf like noise I used to make whenever I saw Kelly Kapowski when watching Saved By The Bell back in the day.

With a penalty definite handball, But could also have been a foul for Wolves for dangerous play

Was a strange one. You see overhead kicks flailing about and not given as a foul, so I guess it was a handball. But the guy doing the OH kick almost got a stamp to the face as he fell to the ground.

Arsenal are rotten. You’d love to play a side like them, powderpuff and half arsed, you know you just need to press and be a little bit physical and they’ll go down.

Arsenal are rotten. You’d love to play a side like them, powderpuff and half arsed, you know you just need to press and be a little bit physical and they’ll go down.

I was hoping for them in the Europa before our annual collapse.

Back