Wednesday's football including Champions League

On a night of honking kits, that Juventus one deserves a mention. The stripes look like they've been scribbled on with a felt tip marker.
At least they opted to go back to the stripes this year. Side point, I bought the strip, when my mum seen it she said “that’s fu.cking fake, look at the stripes they look drawn on”.

Lazio & Juve seem to be falling behind in the penalty league this season, United steaming ahead.

It's a pity this wasnt a full stadium. The Juve fans would be going mental, three disallowed goals, a man sent off and a penalty to Barca.

In my view the goal is definitely onside and should have been allowed. My reasoning is irrefutable and based on fact! I hate Barca and Messi is a wee c@nt!

I agree with the sentiment, but that’s not why I hate the goal being disallowed. :))

Messi goal hogs a penalty as we speak. :)

It’s VAR ruling out goals for pish like Morata leaving his heel offside that bugs me.

Shite. Where’s Jacqueline when I need her :D

Hungarians equalise. Before DW mentions it, I would expect us to beat both these teams.

They’re still pish.

Lennon will reference this in one of his hungover rambling press conferences soon though, about what a quality side they are and how they came from 2-0 down against Kiev which proves Celtic aren’t doing so badly

I can’t believe United have won 5-0, who do they play at the weekend so I can back the opposition?.

I agree with the sentiment, but that’s not why I hate the goal being disallowed. :))

Messi goal hogs a penalty as we speak. :)

It’s VAR ruling out goals for pish like Morata leaving his heel offside that bugs me.

Shite. Where’s Jacqueline when I need her :D
I have to admit my loathing for anything Barca does cloud my judgement a little!

They’re still pish.

Lennon will reference this in one of his hungover rambling press conferences soon though, about what a quality side they are and how they came from 2-0 down against Kiev which proves Celtic aren’t doing so badly
Agreed, like I said we would have beat both those teams.

I can’t believe United have won 5-0, who do they play at the weekend so I can back the opposition?.
We're gonna have to listen to everyone saying how great they are now and how good all their players are. They get such a big free pass from the media down there, it never takes more than 2 wins to erase the bad feelings even though after the spurs game people were saying massive changes were needed.

We're gonna have to listen to everyone saying how great they are now and how good all their players are. They get such a big free pass from the media down there, it never takes more than 2 wins to erase the bad feelings even though after the spurs game people were saying massive changes were needed.

just like folk were doing when they went on a long unbeaten run against what was mostly dross

I’ll say it again - those moaning about VAR are actually moaning about the offside rule

Last edited:
I see Nagelsmann outdid his CL final suit tonight:

ElcrM88WkAILQ-B

I’ll say it again - those moaning about VAR are actually moaning about the office rule
My gripe about VAR is it's being used, in the case of offsides, to get millimetre accuracy on something that was previously eyeballed. The way to fix it is to have the referee make a decision and then have VAR check if there was an obvious mistake. If it is really close then its not an obvious mistake so the ref's decision stands.

Back