Wee guy at the end

PaulS1988

Anyone know what happened to the wee guy who ran on at the end?. Seen the steward with the football boots catching up with him but couldn’t see what happened next

You just can't do it, sit in the stand ffs. Was a giggle at the time but can't set a precedent or wee fannies would be running on every week..

jesus wept

Bunch of fannies in our support this day. It was a kid who was trying to get to Gerrard apparently and he is being treated as a potential danger on here.
That’ll be because nobody knows whether it is a danger or not until it is under control. You’d think people would’ve learned from people getting the jail last season.

The wee lad went away with his dad after the game. They left via the main door. I think that he had hurt his foot after being removed by the steward.

Lighten up and he has a weapon? Aye it’s a wee boy but I’m sorry in this day & age you never know

Both have a job to do & nobody goes on the pitch

Sorry to be a dull old bugger but it is what it is

Fair point but could apply to any day & age, and probably highlights the poor stewarding that we can even talk about someone entering the ground with a knife. As some have said the boy has probably seen the groups that invade the pitches at away games constantly and seen the opportunity to meet SG. Was good to see him run that hills have eyes steward around all the same, his footy boots never done him any good on this occasion

Looked quite young to me,did not see a threat just seen a daft wee boy getting chases by stewards, no need for 4 police officers joke

So what rangers fans on pitch side after goals etc stop been hypocrites I sure there will be plenty on the field at full time when 55 comes calling. Bit comical by the stewards , bet they wouldn’t grab an adult not worth the hastle. The police at end spoke to him what was concerning was the yellow jacket still gripping his arm and the plod allowing him to.

Lighten up and he has a weapon? Aye it’s a wee boy but I’m sorry in this day & age you never know

Both have a job to do & nobody goes on the pitch

Sorry to be a dull old bugger but it is what it is

Got to agree with you there, you can’t take chances these days and to be honest it’s shocking how frequently it still happens at games. Big games too, seen several punters get on the park and right up to Messi and Ronaldo. .

I don’t think it should come as a surprise to anyone - even a wee boy there with his Dad - that you will get in bother if you encroach on the pitch. Why do it? Had we clinched the Title? Won the Cup? Could he not have stood in the Enclosure and shouted to Stevie G same as all the other kids? Did his Dad tell him it was alright or try to dissuade him? The father needs his ear bent as well.

The Steward and police will be feeling like they’ve earned their money today :rolleyes: wee fella was probably just wanting a top or autograph. Hope he’s alright!

People saying he could’ve had a knife, canna even get into the ground with a bottle of juice, never mind knife :D

I honestly hate Gary, that fucking prick of a steward.

Absolute jobsworth
I suppose guy is only doing his job as others clearly werent of the wee fella wouldnt have made in on to the park.
That said UB should be chanting "Gary get tae fu(k Gary Gary get tae fu(k" on Thursday...just a bit of banter

No matter the situation that steward wears football boots. Big Gary’s turned into a hate figure especially if you sit in the Broomie Front.
DKbAbnBW0AAJJG4.jpg

At the end of the day you cannot run into the pitch,no matter your age.If another young lad does it again then another,you could imagine the crap the club land itself in through the season.

About 4 Police officers around a wee boy with Gary still holding him nothing else better to do.

There are ususally more than a few cops in the corners though, aren't there? Obviously if it's a quiet day (as you'd expect at a pre season friendly against a team with very few or no away fans), they'll talk to him. At the end of the day as long as they get him back to the parents safely and the players off the park safely, does it matter?

I actually thought the big Marseille player with the big hair took a swipe at him on the way by. The kid seemed to be holding his arm in discomfort as he came past me in SW1. Still, silly boy running on, as others have said presumably had an adult with him who should be watching him better.

Latest posts

Back