Weekend's other Scots football - Updates & Discussion - SPFL, Lowland, Highland, WoS Results

SM™

Staff member
Good luck to all Bears up against vermin, and indeed anyone up against vermin.

Results & Fixtures

Scottish Premier:

1627842765694.png

Championship:

1627748994491.png

Still to play:
Kilmarnock vs. Err (Monday, 7:45pm KO) State-Funded CSC TV

League 1:

1627749178608.png

League 2:

1627749235278.png

Non-League:

1627751066676.png

Last edited:
Half-times...

Dens Vote-Riggers 1-1 Saint Murn
Dross County 0-0 St Johnstone

Arbroath 0-0 Caley
Gus McPherson 1-0 Peter 'Liar' Grunt
Jags 2-1 QotS
Raith 2-0 Accies

Onions 0-1 Montrose 1
Clyde 0-2 Dumbarton
Cove 0-0 Falkirk
East Fife 1-0 Queen's Park
Peterheid 1-0 Barry, Boab & Proxy Mick

Albion Rov 1-0 Edinburgh City
Annan 0-2 Forfar
Elgin 1-0 Stranraer
Tommo 1-0 QC Donald
Stenny 0-0 Stirling

Dumbarton's pitch is an eyesore already.

Not bald, like Jim Duffy, but big yellow patches. Unlike the beautiful surface at the Rock Bowling Club round the corner, where I should've stayed the other night instead of going to see us got whacked by the Bay City Strollers with Michael Jordan up front & a centre-half hitting a 30-yarder into the top-corner like Disciple Bert.

Albion Rovers game, the ref had went off injured. The linesman has taken over as ref and an Albion player is going to run the line.

Equaliser Morton!

Tremendous lob over the keeper from the touchline.

Meant it. Honest!

Anyway, up yours Grunt!

2-2

St johnstone got a clear penalty but the smug fuuk of a commentator on st j tv says ally mccann strolled it from 12 yards at Ibrox.

Missed it, up ye ya smug hamshanker.

Can’t believe Hamilton.

Last I looked, they had just made it 4-1.

I thought Brian Rice would be heading out the door tonight. That deserves all 3 points :p

The state of that Motherwell pitch! Why getting ripped up next week and not at the end of the season? £££?

The ref (C.Napier) in the Dundee game is having a mare. Another utterly incompetent buffoon to keep an eye out for.

he used to do some of my games when I played juniors. One of the rashest referees Iv ever seen, is so quick out with his cards and never takes a moment to think about his decisions.

Scottish Football Gods sake! Wheres the fourth official?
An Albion Rovers player was going to run the line and Edinburgh City weren’t accepting it so they went with no linesman and the ref just had to make the offside calls himself :))

Now no linesman on one side of the pitch :))
That can’t be allowed!
In the past, they’ve taken linesmen from the crowd to run the line.
I know that’s not easy at an Albion Rovers game but if there aren’t the correct quota of officials, on field officials then surely an abandonment is in order.

FFS Airdrie! :(
Airdrie 0-3 Montrose

Big surprise. Onions were excellent against Motherwell. Rhys McCabe was as impressive that evening as he was for us all those years ago & topped group with one game left. Then at Palmerston, a total no-show according to reports. Same again today. I can't work it out, because McCabe should stroll it at that level & Ian Murray did really well in charge of Dumbarton.

Too big a club to be stuck down there. In reality it should be them & Falkirk battling it out, but Queen's Park & Cove reportedly have decent budgets.

Alloa have normally gone straight back up but Barry/Boab's list of transfers in is well short of what came in under Proxy Mick's preceding conveyor belt of yahoos, and it wouldn't surprise my if the chairman chucked the pair under the bus.

Airdrie 0-3 Montrose

Big surprise. Onions were excellent against Motherwell. Rhys McCabe was as impressive that evening as he was for us all those years ago & topped group with one game left. Then at Palmerston, a total no-show according to reports. Same again today. I can't work it out, because McCabe should stroll it at that level & Ian Murray did really well in charge of Dumbarton.

Too big a club to be stuck down there. In reality it should be them & Falkirk battling it out, but Queen's Park & Cove reportedly have decent budgets.

Alloa have normally gone straight back up but Barry/Boab's list of transfers in is well short of what came in under Proxy Mick's preceding conveyor belt of yahoos, and it wouldn't surprise my if the chairman chucked the pair under the bus.
Probably the toughest league to predict as so many teams can win it.

Honestly surprised they got scudded 3 nil at home tho was expecting a good start.

He'll regret signing Sammon he's not a goalscorer.

Also be keeping an eye out for KT at Kelty aswell.

That can’t be allowed!
In the past, they’ve taken linesmen from the crowd to run the line.
I know that’s not easy at an Albion Rovers game but if there aren’t the correct quota of officials, on field officials then surely an abandonment is in order.
The said on the radio one of the Albion Rovers players was going to do it but that Edinburgh City weren’t happy with that, understandable I suppose so they ended up going with no linesman.

Probably the toughest league to predict as so many teams can win it.

Honestly surprised they got scudded 3 nil at home tho was expecting a good start.

He'll regret signing Sammon he's not a goalscorer.

Also be keeping an eye out for KT at Kelty aswell.
(Not) Official FF League 1 2021/22 Preview

Boab's decent enough, but Barry's been a shithouse towards our support in the past and that hurts because at his peak he was outstanding. Anyway, Proxy Mick, so NO to Alloa.

Cove seem to have delusions of grandeur. Hartley almost as vile as Proxy Mick. NO to Cove.

Queen's Park? More delusions of grandeur. Thistle bad enough. NO to Queen's Park.

Peterhead? McInally, of spitting at Bears fame. NO to Peterhead.

East Fife? Darren Snarling-Sheep-Scumbag Young. NO to East Fife.

Clyde? Danny Lennon? Poor Robbo. Joe the dip. Bolt. NO to Clyde.

Dumbarton? Stevie Farrell? Will go by name unless more info. NO to Dumbarton.

Falkirk? Paul Sheerin, who started career at... GET YERSEL' TAE, I mean, NO to Falkirk.

Montrose? Stewart Petrie. No incriminating evidence as of yet. They can finish second.

Ian Murray, admittedly a Hibby, but started well at Ibrox before his career was effectively ruined by injury. Gave it his all prior to injury, gave what he could after it. Rhys McCabe there too.

The team of the Alex McDonald glory days. Only one big party at that dismal new ground, knocking the scum out the League Cup. It's been too long.

Add to that the complete and utter loathing the fans have for the vermin and, by process of elimination, best wishes to Ian Murray, Rhys McCabe, and the Onions for the League 1 trophy this season.

Dumbarton played very well today. Faz has us well organised. Defence coped well with Davie Badtadger and the utterly woeful Robert Jones (%^*& knows how he conned Clyde out a contract after he was pish with us last year). Our front 3 looked really mobile and their running at the Clyde defenders caused all sorts of trouble. No out and out goalscorer to finish some of the decent crosses we put in, but if we play like that more often than not then we should be mid table easily and may well shock a few teams.

Clyde were absolutely terrible today. Change needed or Lennon will be sacked and they'll be strong candidates for relegation. Which would be nice for their entitled, arsehole fans and their horrible Franchise FC nature moving to a new town that offered to take them.

Going to have a word with Doc Stone to see if we can automate it & pull the results from a score site or something.

Weekends & Midweeks.
That would be excellent. I might be a bit of a statto, but I’m really interested to watch the development of the lower end of the new ‘pyramid’ system. I know some of the old juniors feel a bit railroaded, but it’s a genuine opportunity for clubs with ambition (eg Kelty Hearts). It’s also an interesting experiment to have the B team in the Lowland League. Too many seem to think that we exist in a vacuum with other teams not bring important when, in fact, we’re actually part of a bigger picture. I was glad to hear Stewart Robertson talking in these terms in his interview. The club seem to realise the importance of Scottish football as a whole even if some ‘fans’ don’t.

Back