Weirdly our strikers aren't even on fire yet

We don’t rely on any one player to score our goals, very similar when to when we won the league with the likes of Ferguson, de boer and others bagging 10+ goals for the season. I think you’ll see that kind of goal return by the end of the season. With tav, Kent, Morelos, roofe and others all grabbing 10+

Alfie is adjusting to play the firmino role, it will take time but I think he’ll hit his best form in the second half of the season. Was always going to take him a few months to adjust to a completely different role up top, especially one that he’s not as comfortable with.

He is clearly being instructed to come deep.
I don’t think he is. When i saw him drift deep there was nobody else running into his place up front so he’s not where we need him, up front where he can score. He also does his best work up front not so when he is deep.

Think it McCann who mentioned about Morelos on RTV, but he referred to him actually maturing as a player on his overall game, and that Gerrard was specifically playing him in a further back role.

It'd be an interesting question for Gerrard to be asked though, if that is indeed the case. He's obviously doing enough in the managers eyes for certain for continued game time.

He has to be up front playing on the edge of the defence if he is to score goals, the manager knows that and also well knows his value will drop if he doesn’t get scoring regular again. I’d be very surprised if SG had told him to play a deeper role.

Oli Giroud wanting out of Chelsea in January. If we sell Morelos, I can't think of a striker who would be more perfect for how we play.

No chance I know.

Back