Welcome Gary Mac!

2lb2umo.jpg

Cracking player back in the day. Welcome to the greatest team in the land.

Fantastic appointment. In SG’s book he gives him huge credit in terms of influencing him as a player. Which is hugely relevant when you look at the ability some of our midfielders have, but haven’t really produced their best yet.

Sat behind Gary in the main stand for the Brugge game during our maiden Champions league run. We had just eliminated his Leeds team but he was back up the road supporting the Gers. He spent the whole game talking to his guest, Gary Speed, about the atmosphere.

Welcome home.

Great man to have coming in with Stevie. Gary will be over the moon coming to Rangers too.

Welcome aboard Gary ,

Would have loved to have had him as a player but hopefully he will bring us success as part of a successful management team.

Gerrard was glowing in his praise for him an I would say he looks up to him so they should make a great team .

Genuinely don't know who will be the coach out of them two. Can picture both of them with the boots on at training.

He was forever being linked to us as a player but it never happened. It took a bit longer for him to get to Ibrox but he's coming now. Welcome to Rangers Gary!

For those who didn't hear the press conference: SG said that when he called Gary Mac to ask if he'd come as his assistant, he said Yes immediately.

No questions. Just Yes

Welcome aboard Gary all the very best... guidi i know you logon hear. I used to watch you and that other fat cvunt waddell sit side by side in the retard office logged into FF ... Wrong yet again.

Every time he is mentioned all I think about is this

Another great player at our club hope they can translate it to the squad
No shortage of respect that's for sure

Gary Macs appointment is key for me. I would have been very nervous if Gerrard appointed a #2 with little experience and no experience of the Scottish game.

You got here eventually Gary

Really pleased Gary Mc has been appointed by the Manager as part of his team. A great addition.

Welcome to most successful Club in the world Gary. All I ask is that you try your very best to add to that success and you’ll do one for me.

Welcome Gary.

I hate to use this phrase but there’s a great buzz about the place right now.

Let’s hope for a proper reaction from the players for the remaining three games.

He used to live in our village, and came to kick off our Scotland v England Charity game one summer. Never thought, as I shook his hand that day, I was shaking the hand of a future Rangers Assistant Manager
(I came outa fitba retirement that day, for one last chance to take ma studs down an Englishman's leg. Know what? I couldnae even catch one!)

Back