Welcome to the Party

Laidlaw Loyal

Let's focus on our good tunes and not the fact that a single word has been banned. This is our year, and they are hell for leather to stop that. Infighting and finger pointing is the desired effect of this nonsense.

Post your (UEFA approved*) tunes below to sing on the way to 55.

This is the crux - can we change that line back????
We don't have to, but could change any tune if the board ask us not to sing it for a season, say, while we remove that which can get us in trouble and communicate the desired changes. (Saying the add ons to that won't get us in trouble but it is in keeping with the type of thing that might, so is causing issues).

@Dylanbear I want to see your best Dylan/Rangers puns on here tomorrow :D None of this 'Tangled up in Blue/Baby Blue' pish. I want complex, reserve player, B-Side, puns that the armchair Dylan/Rangers could only dream of.

And no UEFA banned language, so 'If You See Her Say Hello, Hello,' is out.

@Dylanbear I want to see your best Dylan/Rangers puns on here tomorrow :D None of this 'Tangled up in Blue/Baby Blue' pish. I want complex, reserve player, B-Side, puns that the armchair Dylan/Rangers could only dream of.

"Ah the times they are a changing"

For Thursday a list of rousing (key word) songs i have at the minute are:

Blue sea of Ibrox
Derry’s Walls
Who’s that team they call the rangers
Rule Britannia
Penny Arcade (once or twice just)
We’ll keep the blue flag flying high
Every Saturday we follow
Obviously player songs like Defoe’s, Arfields etc.

What other ones are available guys without risk? Key word again is rousing for a 45000 strong crowd remember.

I can’t see singing the Bluebells are Blue over and over again doing much to intimidate the opposition or get the crowd going. Paisley road west is another well written song but again I just can’t see 45000 getting behind it and it also intimidating the opposition.

As you can probably see it’s not just the Billy Boys that the problem is, there’s probably about 15 song/chants that we can’t sing due to the chance of sanction.

I even have severe doubts about singing Four lads had a dream as FARE will no doubt report this as the Famine song. (Yes these are the evil bastards we are dealing with)

Let's focus on our good tunes and not the fact that a single word has been banned. This is our year, and they are hell for leather to stop that. Infighting and finger pointing is the desired effect of this nonsense.

Post your (UEFA approved*) tunes below to sing on the way to 55.

Never sure why people most that vid as the most regular one for Welcome to the Party given the horrific thing that happens to it between 1.00 and 1.30 minutes. This version's far nice ;)

For Thursday a list of rousing (key word) songs i have at the minute are:

Blue sea of Ibrox
Derry’s Walls
Who’s that team they call the rangers
Rule Britannia
Penny Arcade (once or twice just)
We’ll keep the blue flag flying high
Every Saturday we follow
Obviously player songs like Defoe’s, Arfields etc.

What other ones are available guys without risk? Key word again is rousing for a 45000 strong crowd remember.

I can’t see singing the Bluebells are Blue over and over again doing much to intimidate the opposition or get the crowd going. Paisley road west is another well written song but again I just can’t see 45000 getting behind it and it also intimidating the opposition.

As you can probably see it’s not just the Billy Boys that the problem is, there’s probably about 15 song/chants that we can’t sing due to the chance of sanction.

I even have severe doubts about singing Four lads had a dream as FARE will no doubt report this as the Famine song. (Yes these are the evil bastards we are dealing with)
BY what list are there 15 songs that contain the word 19th Century Terrorist?

BY what list are there 15 songs that contain the word 19th Century Terrorist?

Billy Boys
Super Rangers
Fathers Advice
Build my Gallows
Follow Follow
UDR 4
Trip to Ibrox
There’s not a team like the Glasgow Rangers (leads to Billy boys)
Here lies a soldier
No pope of Rome
50p flute song
Daddy’s Uniform
We’re coming down the road
The Sash (add ons)
No. 1 Platoon

I’ve no doubt missed out some

It’s not just about the word 19th Century Terrorist. This sectarian/racist charge will cover anything regarding the word 19th Century Terrorist/anything about the pope/ anti Irish/IRA and anything about paramilitary organisations. These bastards will not stop going after us and sadly we have no fighters/leaders in the boardroom or fan groups in my opinion to stop this.

I have already gave my concerns about four lads had a dream having the same tune as the famine song.

And yes not all these are Rangers songs before anyone starts, however all above are popular at Ibrox and away. They are all good songs that get the crowd and atmosphere going too (the real reason behind all this of course)

Billy Boys
Super Rangers
Fathers Advice
Build my Gallows
Follow Follow
UDR 4
Trip to Ibrox
Here lies a soldier
No pope of Rome
50p flute song
Daddy’s Uniform
The Sash (add ons)
No. 1 Platoon

It’s not just about the word 19th Century Terrorist. This sectarian/racist charge will cover anything regarding the word 19th Century Terrorist/anything about the pope/ anti Irish/IRA and anything about paramilitary organisations. These bastards will not stop going after us and sadly we have no fighters/leaders in the boardroom or fan groups in my opinion to stop this.

I have already gave my concerns about four lads had a dream having the same tune as the famine song.
This is entirely and exclusively about the word 19th Century Terrorist, is it not? That's what the club were cited and sanctioned for? Maybe we've just got a different view of the problem.

Billy Boys
Super Rangers
Fathers Advice
Build my Gallows
Follow Follow
UDR 4
Trip to Ibrox
Here lies a soldier
No pope of Rome
50p flute song
Daddy’s Uniform
The Sash (add ons)
No. 1 Platoon

Am sorry buts that’s shite and does no one any favour saying it.

It’s already been said what songs shouldn’t be sung and you’ve just added more for some reason.

Am sorry buts that’s shite and does no one any favour saying it.

It’s already been said what songs shouldn’t be sung and you’ve just added more for some reason.

We are dealing with FARE here. You don’t think that they can link these songs/chants to anti Irish racism and anti Catholic sectarianism? All they have to do is record us singing them and send it to UEFA with their own twisted version and that’s it we’re done.

UEFA are hardly going to take the time to look into the historical context of the songs. I love them songs but until we get proper leadership from the club and fan groups then we are sitting ducks make no mistake.

Last edited:
It takes a lot to laugh, it takes a Gerrard train to cry, 'if we don't win the league, sorry that was pish but I'm currently melting away in close to 90 degree heat in gumbet plus am a wee bit drunk :))

Invite some mentally challengeds up the nearest mountain and have a blether a sandwich and then batter their cunts in, it would be a talkin bear mountain picnic massacre blues ;):))

Back