Well done Mikel Arteta

He's looking the part so far. I really like listening to him speak.

But make no mistakes about it, everything aligned for Arsenal yesterday. Don't get me wrong, they performed on the day about as well as they are able to as a team and were more than deserving of the victory. But the injury to Pulisic and the sending off, which was nonsense, were the difference.

As of right now Chelsea are still a much better squad of players. But Arteta is working wonders with what he has to work with.

Think Reece James has the potential to be a very decent right back, Rudiger can be decent in the middle. So they'll target a left back, central defender & a goal keeper most likely this window. It might not yield instant success mind you because if you add those 3, on to Ziyech, Havertz & Werner your talking about over half a team having to try and gel a team with 6 new individuals in it might be difficult at first.
I’ll give you james but rudiger is a bombscare mate

How is he an established German International? Every time I see him he looks like a German Titus Bramble. None of their centre-backs are anything other than average Premier League quality. As good as Havertz is they would really be better off spending money on Chilwell and Koulibaly. And obviously a new keeper.

Pope

James
Koulibaly
Tomori/Rudiger
Chilwell

Kante
Kovacic
Mount

Pulisic
Ziyech

Werner

For me that 11 would give Chelsea a great chance to be right up there, depending on how quickly the new signings settled. Tomori is far from the finished article and seems to have had a falling out with Lampard but he has a higher ceiling than the likes of Christensen and Zouma and is a fair bit younger than both to be able to improve.

Havertz would be a great signing for any team quality wise, but for me he's absolutely not needed as Mount will only get better the more he plays and the money would be better spend elsewhere. But if they sign him and also a couple of defenders and a keeper then fair enough! Thinking about it, the likes of Christensen, Alonso, Jorginho, Barkley and even Hudson-Odoi would bring them in some serious money.

How is he an established German International? Every time I see him he looks like a German Titus Bramble. None of their centre-backs are anything other than average Premier League quality. As good as Havertz is they would really be better off spending money on Chilwell and Koulibaly. And obviously a new keeper.
Terrible player mate . Defo need a centre half mate , as someone who goes to the odd leicester game i think chillwell is a bit overrated , while to go yet before he can play for a top team

Terrible player mate . Defo need a centre half mate , as someone who goes to the odd leicester game i think chillwell is a bit overrated , while to go yet before he can play for a top team

I see Chilwell as a steady 7 out of 10 player. He's also at a good age. Theres a few better left-backs around but for me he's the most sensible and realistic signing they can make for the left-back spot. Whether you think he's a bit over-rated or not he's an established and proven Premier League player.

I see Chilwell as a steady 7 out of 10 player. He's also at a good age. Theres a few better left-backs around but for me he's the most sensible and realistic signing they can make for the left-back spot. Whether you think he's a bit over-rated or not he's an established and proven Premier League player.
I reckon they’ll sign the ajax left back instead

I reckon they’ll sign the ajax left back instead

Tagliafico? He looks a pretty good player but the difference between the Dutch league and the EPL is pretty huge. Personally I'd take Chilwell over him every day of the week if the valuation between them isn't too significant. Porto have a very good attacking left-back in Alex Telles, but again, there's no evidence he would be the same player in the EPL. Chilwell has already shown he's at the very least a good Premier League full-back.

Tagliafico? He looks a pretty good player but the difference between the Dutch league and the EPL is pretty huge. Personally I'd take Chilwell over him every day of the week if the valuation between them isn't too significant. Porto have a very good attacking left-back in Alex Telles, but again, there's no evidence he would be the same player in the EPL. Chilwell has already shown he's at the very least a good Premier League full-back.
Aye mate . I think leicester are looking for about 70 million for chillwell

Tierney must be the worst defender at their club and that’s saying something.

Arteta must be the only one who rates him. Their fans must be baffled how he gets a start. He has literally nothing to his game.
Got player of the month and fans have taken to him. Bob Wilson reckons hes a future captain

Aye mate . I think leicester are looking for about 70 million for chillwell

Probably about 20-30 million too much but considering he's England's first choice left-back and is still only 23, you can see why he would go for that sort of money. I don't think Andy Robertson is much better than him at all and yet some people go crazy for Robinson.

Some real Chelsea pain on this thread, so that’s nice isn’t it.

I don't think he's great but think he's 1 of those if you put him with the right partner he could look better. Bit like how the like of Joe Gomez, Matip & Lovren look much better when playing alongside a leader Van Dijk. Plus, I don't think it's really realistic to change 4 of the back 5 in 1 window.

He’s never been an automatic first choice for Germany mind. Played in a lot of friendlies.

He’s never been an automatic first choice for Germany mind. Played in a lot of friendlies.

30 caps is still about 30 too many though regardless! I'm pretty sure most of his caps have come in the last couple of years too. He's never looked much cop for Chelsea.

I've no time for Arteta tbh, the way he left us leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.
Whinged about being home sick, we let him head back to Spain taking a £2 million hit in the pocket, only for him to roll up at Everton 6 months or so later and eventually play the rest of his days in Britain.

30 caps is still about 30 too many though regardless! I'm pretty sure most of his caps have come in the last couple of years too. He's never looked much cop for Chelsea.

Nah, he's not been in favour for a few seasons now. Was really well thought of in the World Cup year.

Nah, he's not been in favour for a few seasons now. Was really well thought of in the World Cup year.

Fair enough. He might be like Pickford and perform much better for country than club. But usually when I've seen him from Chelsea he's generally looked bang average.

Some actual football fans on this thread. Good to see.
Starting to think i'm a maniac , i now despise Arsenal because of that wee terrorist supporting rat.

From what I have seen of Arsenal, Tierney looks to be good going forward but has been found out defensively a couple of times.

Bob Wilson is a known promoter of anything Ceptic.

I seen an analysis of Tierney one match and he literally passed the all back to defenders every time he got the ball.

His participation in wins since he joined and miraculously hasn’t been injured is quite comical. His stats don’t look great either.

Plus he’s a wee rhat bastard.

From what I have seen of Arsenal, Tierney looks to be good going forward but has been found out defensively a couple of times.

Bob Wilson is a known promoter of anything Ceptic.
Tierney is as good or as bad the rest of the arsenal defence. Ive never really heard much from Wilson except when he's talking about arsenal players

Have to say during the first few minutes I thought Chelsea would win by multiple goals but that was a solid performance from the Gunners. well played from them. A trophy this early in his managerial career will help him a lot.
Have to say , I liked Arteta but didn't want him to win as no way did I want that rat Tierney to get an FA cup winner's medal.

Tierney is as good or as bad the rest of the arsenal defence. Ive never really heard much from Wilson except when he's talking about arsenal players
Wilson was a Scottish International so he may have some link to Ceptic. He always seemed like a decent guy to be honest with most of the emphasis on his exploits at Arsenal.

My comment was just to be aware that he favours Ceptic in Scotland.

Wilson was a Scottish International so he may have some link to Ceptic. He always seemed like a decent guy to be honest with most of the emphasis on his exploits at Arsenal.

My comment was just to be aware that he favours Ceptic in Scotland.
Had a bit of a look at Wilson's past interviews, not once can I find anything relating to celtic.
He was English but his family come from ayrshire and only played for Scotland because the eligibility rules changed.
His great uncle was John Ure Primrose.

Back