Well done Mikel Arteta

Bit of a boring final I thought. Good goals but the red card wasted the game.
No crowd, water breaks and crappy half time rubbish didn't help.

Started well with what was / is a fairly average & unbalanced squad.

Will be interesting to see what they do this summer. Liverpool & City are way ahead but will be difficult to keep on the coat tails of even Utd & Chelsea next season if both spend £200M+ again. That's the challenge for them next season though.

Thought he'd made a huge mistake taking that job on at the time. But hes slowly made progress, think lack of fans in stadiums has actually helped Arsenal side regain confidence (and Xhaka must be loving it haha) and that was a big win for him and them today.

He really needs huge backing from board to transform the squad though, still a huge job ahead.

Started well with what was / is a fairly average & unbalanced squad.

Will be interesting to see what they do this summer. Liverpool & City are way ahead but will be difficult to keep on the coat tails of even Utd & Chelsea next season if both spend £200M+ again. That's the challenge for them next season though.
Yeah the Premierships all about money and pretty boring

Thought the sending off was wrong but thought he made the right call for the pen.

Fair enough. The arsenal player fouled well before the pen foul though. I through arsenal were falling about all over the place though which is strange for an arsenal team for me.

Wife thinks he’s hot, confirming stereotype of women and football. (Only kidding - most women in my family, wife notwithstanding, are very knowledgable about football and Rangers).

Fair enough. The arsenal player fouled well before the pen foul though. I through arsenal were falling about all over the place though which is strange for an arsenal team for me.

Think the rule is though that if the foul starts out the box & continues in the box you give the penalty. Seen that happen a few times over the years.

I agree with Arsenal players falling a bit too easy yesterday. Think there was big pressure on the to win yesterday to secure some sort of European football so they seemed to do a fair bit falling & time wasting near the end. Not nice to see I agree, hope its not a sign of things to come.

Think the rule is though that if the foul starts out the box & continues in the box you give the penalty. Seen that happen a few times over the years.

I agree with Arsenal players falling a bit too easy yesterday. Think there was big pressure on the to win yesterday to secure some sort of European football so they seemed to do a fair bit falling & time wasting near the end. Not nice to see I agree, hope its not a sign of things to come.

The Arsenal player actually fouled the Chelsea player initially to start the chain of events. I fully expected it to be overturned.

That Arsenal side are average so to win something is decent going even if the ref was clancyesque yesterday.

Don't think I've seen as bad a referee down south for ages.

The Arsenal player actually fouled the Chelsea player initially to start the chain of events. I fully expected it to be overturned.

I must have missed that. Tried to look at the goal again several times on YouTube & can't see anything wrong, unless it was earlier in the move that the highlights aren't showing?

So after working with Pep and the short passing game Man City play it was when wee Mikel went long ball that produced the goods.
:cool::cool::cool:

In 6 months as a manager, with an average football team, that was hanging round the bottom half of the table, he's managed victories against Ole, Klopp, Pep, Nuno, Ancelotti, Lampard, & Covid-19. Not a bad way to kick of your managerial career.

I must have missed that. Tried to look at the goal again several times on YouTube & can't see anything wrong, unless it was earlier in the move that the highlights aren't showing?

From my memory, the arsenal player tugs the shirt of the Chelsea player which resulted in him being behind. He then tugs him back and the penalty is given.

Congrats to him. He made a fantastic contribution with us.

Dont see Arsenal in top 6 next year without significant investment.

He’s done well and I honestly didn’t see him winning a trophy,always good to see ex Gers players and managers do well.

The game was decent to start with then faded. The ref got the red and penalty spot on. Well done Arteta. Needs significant investment next year

I wanted Chelsea to win but Arsenal definitely deserved it. In saying that, Chelsea were very unlucky with the injuries and the red card. Definitely a great achievement for Arteta to win the FA Cup in his first season.

Whenever I watch Arsenal he never looks to be enjoying himself there
Tierney must be the worst defender at their club and that’s saying something.

Arteta must be the only one who rates him. Their fans must be baffled how he gets a start. He has literally nothing to his game.

Tierney must be the worst defender at their club and that’s saying something.

Arteta must be the only one who rates him. Their fans must be baffled how he gets a start. He has literally nothing to his game.

I know your trying to be staunch mate, but the fans really like him, the manager really likes him, & the pundits down there really rate him for his performances since lock down.

Sure, hate the guy, hate his past, hate his team & what he stands for, question his fitness & If he can stay fit in the future, & his performances of course are all open to opinion, but there's no point in trying to create a different narrative to what's actually happening down south.

He gave him a slight push. Nothing in it imo.

So much for Super frankie lampard eh :)):))
Done much better than expected in his 1st season, any Chelsea fan would've took a top 4 finish and a cup final. The likes of Gilmour, Pulisic, Mount, Hudson-Odoi, backed up by new signings Ziyech, Werner and Havertz make me confident Super Frank will be a success at Stamford Bridge.

Reactions: TQ3
Done much better than expected in his 1st season, any Chelsea fan would've took a top 4 finish and a cup final. The likes of Gilmour, Pulisic, Mount, Hudson-Odoi, backed up by new signings Ziyech, Werner and Havertz make me confident Super Frank will be a success at Stamford Bridge.

Yeah, he's exceeded expectations, so when they sit back & look back on the season they can be fairly happy.

Ziyech, Werner & Havertz is a serious upgrade to the forward areas, I fear a bit for the likes of Mount & Hudson-Odoi mind you for game time.

He'll target a goalkeeper & 2 defenders, if he can get quality in those positions he'll be set for another push next season.

If he’s going to succeed he’ll need a whole new back 4 cause they have one of the worst defences in the league

If he’s going to succeed he’ll need a whole new back 4 cause they have one of the worst defences in the league

Think Reece James has the potential to be a very decent right back, Rudiger can be decent in the middle. So they'll target a left back, central defender & a goal keeper most likely this window. It might not yield instant success mind you because if you add those 3, on to Ziyech, Havertz & Werner your talking about over half a team having to try and gel a team with 6 new individuals in it might be difficult at first.

Back