Well done the Bear on Clyde SSB last night.

I listened a couple of weeks ago, when Leeds were sniffing around Kent.

A 'Bear' called in to say he'd absolutely take the £10 million. Spend £7m of that on Ferguson and Boyle and be ecstatic.

Some people are genuinely, genuinely baffling.

The same patter has already started with Hagi as we had with Kent early last season and Barasic before that. Not saying he's for a fact going to reach those levels, but there are some headcases already wanting him binned.

Our fans have me despairing at times.

At the end of his call was asked by Gordon D how do you see the Rangers doing tonight. Bear answered Rangers to win 4 or 5 nil a couple of giggles later in the studio after his prediction. Hope your on tonight to get your apology.

He should go back on and say that his confidence was based on the fact that we will always do well when the opposition's primary aim is to play football rather than wind up or maim our players; and that having competent/uncorrupted officials is something of a leveller.

Last edited:

A 'Bear' called in to say he'd absolutely take the £10 million. Spend £7m of that on Ferguson and Boyle and be ecstatic.
I think Liverpool have a sell on fee. I think we would make a loss at 10 million. Not a lot of profit anyway given we paid 7million.

Some people are genuinely, genuinely baffling.

The same patter has already started with Hagi as we had with Kent early last season and Barasic before that. Not saying he's for a fact going to reach those levels, but there are some headcases already wanting him binned.

Our fans have me despairing at times.

Sometimes it is our fans but more often than not it’s crackpot rhabids pretending to be bears . Weirdos

I used to listen to Clyde all the time when making dinner, not listened to it in years though as we all know their agenda.
Have wondered though if we had a concerted effort to increase actual bears calling in whether we could alter the show's direction.

I put it on in the car sometimes just to see how long it takes Keevins to nasally whine the word “Ssssellltick” as only he can.

Sometimes l catch a new call along the lines of
“Our next caller is John Paul Declan Anthony from Carfin.What’s your point?”.
“ Hullo kin ah talk tae Shoo? Shoo, Shoo, ah’ll rell ye whit it is Shoo. Shoo, see Ra Sellik...”.

I don’t even get annoyed now, I just laugh at how predictable it all is”.

Some callers aren't actually Rangers fans tbf.

In saying that you had posters on here who wanted Hodson in front of Tav, to keep Cummings instead of Morelos and to punt Morelos for anything over £2m.

I still think Clyde 1 is a decent listen at times tbh, especially when Keevins isn't on. Gordon Duncan is a good / fair host.

He should go back on and say that his confidence was based on the fact that we will always do well when the opposition's primary aim is to play football rather than wind up or main our players; and that having competent/uncorrupted officials is something of a leveller.

Yes, that was a missed opportunity.

Still baffling how many folk listen to this.
lu5Armd.gif

Like many on here I only listen to that show when my car radio automatically changes channel to clyde 1 all by itself.
Jokes aside it doesn't surprise me, it is a mentally challenged free for all.

Ive said it before on here but the last time I listened in was way over a year ago.That day it was as nauseating as I've ever heard it.
That old bheast Hugh keevins saying we can't go back to past events to justify more recent events we'd be here all day . 5 minutes later he's reverting back to an incident involving Morelos in an old firm game from a season and a half ago to try and compare it to a more recent one involving Ryan christie.
Followed by that fcucking simpleton Gordon dalziel telling us " a thunk edooward is ma pure favurit playur at ra momunt sho a day he he he" said in the manner of a toddler learning his first words. Ashamed he ever played for us, it's embarrassing.
I was never a regular listener , I only tuned in now and again but that was the final nail in the coffin for me.

He should go back on and say that his confidence was based on the fact that we will always do well when the opposition's primary aim is to play football rather than wind up or main our players; and that having competent/uncorrupted officials is something of a leveller.
Spot on mate

I put it on in the car sometimes just to see how long it takes Keevins to nasally whine the word “Ssssellltick” as only he can.

“ Hullo kin ah talk tae Shoo? Shoo, Shoo, ah’ll rell ye whit it is Shoo. Shoo, see Ra Sellik...”.

They never talk about shellick they talk about the queen's eleven

Like many on here I only listen to that show when my car radio automatically changes channel to clyde 1 all by itself.
Jokes aside it doesn't surprise me, it is a mentally challenged free for all.

Ive said it before on here but the last time I listened in was way over a year ago.That day it was as nauseating as I've ever heard it.
That old bheast Hugh keevins saying we can't go back to past events to justify more recent events we'd be here all day . 5 minutes later he's reverting back to an incident involving Morelos in an old firm game from a season and a half ago to try and compare it to a more recent one involving Ryan christie.
Followed by that fcucking simpleton Gordon dalziel telling us " a thunk edooward is ma pure favurit playur at ra momunt sho a day he he he" said in the manner of a toddler learning his first words. Ashamed he ever played for us, it's embarrassing.
I was never a regular listener , I only tuned in now and again but that was the final nail in the coffin for me.
Its embarrassing that Gordon Dalziel wore our jersey. He should be no where near a radio microphone.
The guy has serious problems using the English language.

I very rarely listen to it but will tonight to see how they try and down play our performance and how they try to big up the monkeys 1-0 struggle.

They cant be rangers fans if there wanting to let our best player go for 10m kents a going to be the difference in this team winning anything this year, he looks settled now.

The RC phone-in (pun intended) is long past it's sell-by date.

Fans can discuss football sensibly - well...occasionally sensibly - on forums, facebook, twitter, whatsapp, etc. The dinosaurs on RC probably actually dial in on a bakelite telephone and make rambling, inarticulate, bigoted points to a rambling, inarticulate, bigoted panel.

I stopped listening years ago and thereby improved my quality of life by a small but noticeable percentage.

Its embarrassing that Gordon Dalziel wore our jersey. He should be no where near a radio microphone.
The guy has serious problems using the English language.

He is brutal. A sock puppet is more engaging to listen to. The amount of times he says " Ah think... " is ridiculous.

That obviously doesn't happen.

John Paul wanting to talk about sellick?

Nah, I'm not buying it.

Was it Kevin Kyle?

They cant be Rangers fans if there wanting to let our best player go for 10m kents a going to be the difference in this team winning anything this year, he looks settled now.
There was a few on here wanting us to take £10 million and get someone better. I had a few ding dongs with them.

Sell on fees don't work like that. The sell on percentage is only for any profit above what is paid for the player so the first £7million would still just go to us.
Yes but we have already paid Liverpool 7 mill so you can't count that as profit. If we get 3 mill and say liverpool have a 10% sell on then that is 300.000 away. Then there are agent fees. I am not sure about this but a player used to have a right on 10% if he asked for a transfer or 15% if he didn't. I am not sure if that still stands. Either way 10 mill won't leave a lot.

Yes but we have already paid Liverpool 7 mill so you can't count that as profit. If we get 3 mill and say liverpool have a 10% sell on then that is 300.000 away. Then there are agent fees. I am not sure about this but a player used to have a right on 10% if he asked for a transfer or 15% if he didn't. I am not sure if that still stands. Either way 10 mill won't leave a lot.
If any player asks for a transfer they waive any fees from the selling club

Do you get a laugh because you have a Shoo in? :))

Apologies for going off topic - but does anyone know what the odds were on a 0-4 score last night ?
I didn't have that bet on by the way- wish I had of course

Apologies for going off topic - but does anyone know what the odds were on a 0-4 score last night ?
I didn't have that bet on by the way- wish I had of course

I normally put 5-0 on our games so had a look, it was 66/1 for 5, but never touched it as I thought it had no chance!

Some callers aren't actually Rangers fans tbf.

In saying that you had posters on here who wanted Hodson in front of Tav, to keep Cummings instead of Morelos and to punt Morelos for anything over £2m.

I still think Clyde 1 is a decent listen at times tbh, especially when Keevins isn't on. Gordon Duncan is a good / fair host.

While I agree about the callers, you should check out some Rangers pages on Facebook. It's full of people like that.

Latest posts

Back