We'll support you evermore .....

bearspaw

It's a roller coaster of emotion following Rangers at the best of times and in more challenging times it can be a draining experience. I can't help but feel that the current level of hysteria is a product od 5 years of angst rather than an objective view of our start to the season.

For what it's worth in my view we have some very good players, Candeias, Alves, Morelos, Foderingham, Jack, Tav.

We have (as yet) fully realised potential in Pena, Dorrans, Rossitor all of whom could/should turn out to be exceptional at this level.

Supported by youngsters and a few journeymen.

This is a new squad, a new group of players playing for a new manager. Without doubt we were cheated in our match against Hivi's and have dropped a couple of silly points. And where are we after 10 games?

Probably 6 points behind the "greatest team ever in football"(sic). If the sheep beat the scum we will sit 3 points behind Celtc after 10 games.

Not many of us expected a team that could win the league this season, but with 3 or 4 more signings in Jan and the summer we could have one to run it close next year.

Given our recent history if I wake up tomorrow and we are 3 , 4, or 6 points behind them after 10 games, particularly given the impact of the Hibs game, I will be cautiously optimistic for the future.

It's time the old song "we'll support you evermore" came back, it's time we stopped whinging as a support and stopped feeding the haters that delight in our pain, we are on our way back, let's get behind the team and the manager. We'll support you evermore.

I think that the full impact of the last 6 years has had a profound effect on the support.

it has really been "near death" by 1000 cuts.

it will be a slow road back. we need to accept a few more years in the doldrums. I personally think we are making progress but it may well get worse before it gets better

It's a roller coaster of emotion following Rangers at the best of times and in more challenging times it can be a draining experience. I can't help but feel that the current level of hysteria is a product od 5 years of angst rather than an objective view of our start to the season.

For what it's worth in my view we have some very good players, Candeias, Alves, Morelos, Foderingham, Jack, Tav.

We have (as yet) fully realised potential in Pena, Dorrans, Rossitor all of whom could/should turn out to be exceptional at this level.

This is a new squad, a new group of players playing for a new manager. Without doubt we were cheated in our match against Hivi's and have dropped a couple of silly points. And where are we after 10 games?

Probably 6 points behind the "greatest team ever in football"(sic). If the sheep beat the scum we will sit 3 points behind Celtc after 10 games.

Not many of us expected a team that could win the league this season, but with 3 or 4 more signings in Jan and the summer we could have one to run it close next year.

Given our recent history if I wake up tomorrow and we are 3 , 4, or 6 points behind them after 10 games, particularly given the impact of the Hibs game, I will be cautiously optimistic for the future.

It's time the old song "we'll support you evermore" came back, it's time we stopped whinging as a support and stopped feeding the haters that delight in our pain, we are on our way back, let's get behind the team and the manager. We'll support you evermore.

You were doing well until you mentioned Rossiter
:(

I think that the full impact of the last 6 years has had a profound effect on the support.

it has really been "near death" by 1000 cuts.

it will be a slow road back. we need to accept a few more years in the doldrums. I personally think we are making progress but it may well get worse before it gets better

The four years with mccoist and the spiv board has had a huge impact on the club and support .

We will continue to feel the effect of this for a few years yet I'd imagine

A good post with a few good points.
As a support though we are never the most patient and sometimes I look at our team and wonder about our tactics.
Sunday as an example,just punting high balls for Morelos against two big centre half’s was just poor stuff.

The fans have been tremendous and will continue to be so, but people seem to confuse criticism of the club, be that the board, the management or the players with a lack of support.

It’s not. If the board aren’t fighting the fights the fans feel they should be, not providing the funds to take the club forward, are making questionable personnel choices and not communicating more effectively with the support, then those are issues they should be held to account over.

That’s what message boards like this provide: a forum for fans to debate those aspects of the club.

Similarly if the manager or the players are not producing performances that are acceptable, they should expect to find themselves under the spotlight.

Again, that’s all that’s really going on here.

It is going to be a long road back to the top, but part of our getting there will come from the understanding that a historical level of performance is demanded and tolerating seasons of mediocrity with only incremental improvements isn’t really something that’s in our DNA.

It may still take longer than we would like, but keeping the club on their toes in ensuring we get the best from them we possibly can is also part of our job as a support.

So if a struggling manager needs to be replaced in pursuit of that, so be it.

The fans have been tremendous and will continue to be so, but people seem to confuse criticism of the club, be that the board, the management or the players with a lack of support.

It’s not. If the board aren’t fighting the fights the fans feel they should be, not providing the funds to take the club forward, are making questionable personnel choices and not communicating more effectively with the support, then those are issues they should be held to account over.

That’s what message boards like this provide: a forum for fans to debate those aspects of the club.

Similarly if the manager or the players are not producing performances that are acceptable, they should expect to find themselves under the spotlight.

It is going to be a long road back to the top, but part of our getting there will come from the understanding that a historical level of performance is demanded and tolerating seasons of mediocrity with only incremental improvements isn’t really something that’s in our DNA.

It may still take longer than we would like, but keeping the club on their toes in ensuring we get the best from them we possibly can is also part of our job as a support.

Correct. Expecting better and voicing an opinion does not constitute not supporting the team. The attendances home and away show that our fans have been and continue to be the most loyal in the country.

Rangers then, Rangers now, Rangers forever. That statement for me is how I feel. Yes, I’m disappointed at some of the results/performances, but come tonight, I’ll take my seat and follow the Teddy Bears.

It's anger because we're hurting.

Everything is going against us at the moment and to make it worse, they seem to have the midas touch.

Good post, in the pursuit of a return to the pinnacle ,we should show some understanding of where we have been but never lose sight of what makes us the club that we are .

The day we do that is the day we become also rans.

Brilliant post from the OP. Other than Rossiter I think people will struggle to disagree with most of that.

I am concerned over the results we've had in the 'big games' Caixinha has been in charge of but he's had one transfer window. The signs aren't positive around some of these players' 'big game' mentality but too many people have written him off far too soon. We've enough detractors outwith the club to have as many as we do in the support.

I think he & his players will come good.

Yes OP I agree our position in the league isn't actually that bad especially considering the feckless performance on Sunday.

We, the fans, have done our bit. Actually the Board have also done their bit too. We have packed stadiums when plasterers were in our side playing in fields with hedges and the Board have ousted crooks and went on to provide a new manager and ensure he had funds at a sufficient level to allow us to finish a credible second and surely get a crack at a cup. It's simple now... or at least it should be, we just need to start winning regularly.

I have my own fears however that if we don't win tonight and if we drop any points on Saturday, then any remaining good old protestant stoicism will disappear. We then may even start to hear the chants of "Pedro Pedro GTF" pipe up before Christmas.

Despite all this, we will support Rangers and we will do so long after the likes of Pedro and Pena pack their bags, disappear into the sunset and forget all about our club.

WATP but a word of warning, we cannot and should not accept complacency. We cannot tolerate anything less than 100% commitment to the cause. If we tolerate this then the scum will have won, then their evil plan to rub us out will be complete.

Unfortunately we could wake up tomorrow 7 or 9 points behind just as easily.
For the money spent and the budget we have I am looking for more. I don’t think I am alone.

Said it plenty times over the past few years but there is no quick fix here. I don't think everyone fully appreciates how close we were to the end in 2012.

We're on our way back but it will take time. We'll no doubt have plenty bumps along the road and the fans will need to strap in and take it on the chin at times. Yes we can demand better, and we should, because our history sets the standard that we aspire to be at again.

Keep buying your ST's, stick with your mates, keep supporting your RSC. Because when we do lift 55 it will be all the sweeter.

No Surrender.

Well said bearspaw, I have absolutely no idea why this song, our song is not sung anymore, I love we'll support you evermore, a real Rangers song & its long overdue a come back.

Back