Went to Man City game

gorbalsbear

Official Ticketer
I went to Man City v Watford, the football by city was phenomenal at times, watching the playere movement off the ball was a joy, what I did notice is the fan experience with the fanzone, small football pitch for kids to play, loads of other games for kids to play, interviews with ex players, brass band playing, the fanzone continued after the game also looking back at the highlights of the game that had just been played, Really good set up.

Also the academy stadium (I think that's what it was) is better than most stadiums in the spfl with obviously the excof one or 2.
Great day out.

I'd like to see Pep manage a mid table side without plenty of money....someone like Southampton....or Real Betis....Werder Breman...be interesting to see how he'd get on compared to his jobs at City, Barca and Bayern.

Yeah I’d like to see Klopp managing Bournemouth and Conte managing Sheffield United. Be interesting to see if Klopp could take Bournemouth to the CL final.

I went to Man City v Watford, the football by city was phenomenal at times, watching the playere movement off the ball was a joy, what I did notice is the fan experience with the fanzone, small football pitch for kids to play, loads of other games for kids to play, interviews with ex players, brass band playing, the fanzone continued after the game also looking back at the highlights of the game that had just been played, Really good set up.

Also the academy stadium (I think that's what it was) is better than most stadiums in the spfl with obviously the excof one or 2.
Great day out.
Assuming we went all out and had a fanzone, brass band and interviews etc how many do you think would abandon their pre match pints on PRW, Louden, WRC to go and see it ?
Difference between a football club and a tourist club

Great day out.
did you travel down with DT travel m8

I’ve only been to Arsenal in recent years but it is night and day from up here. On the approach (to my stand) you had people of various nationalities cooking stuff in their gardens.

We then crossed over the railway into the stadium & the surrounding flats looked like they were owned by the club due to the grey colour scheme.

Within the stadium boundaries, you had bars & music etc. The only negative was that it was Holstein Pils in a plastic bottle

I'd like to see Pep manage a mid table side without plenty of money....someone like Southampton....or Real Betis....Werder Breman...be interesting to see how he'd get on compared to his jobs at City, Barca and Bayern.
If the Arabs had bought Southampton, Real Betis or Werder Bremen your dream might have come true.
If the Arabs had bought Accrington Stanley, then Pep, Aguero and de Bruyne would be there.

Went to see City last year against Watford.

8 games to go and top of the league

Worst atmosphere I have ever experienced - no word of a lie

Overrated sterile pish

Also, when you require kids clubs to fill a full stand there’s clearly something wrong

If the Arabs had bought Southampton, Real Betis or Werder Bremen your dream might have come true.
If the Arabs had bought Accrington Stanley, then Pep, Aguero and de Bruyne would be there.

How dare Man City challenge Chelsea’s billions of rubles or Liverpool and Man United’s Yankee dollar billions.
What utter c*nts. Throw them out of football.

I think you’re missing the point he’s making.

Mrs CB and I went down to the Etihad last season for the Spurs Champions League game (the VAR one). The set up down there is unbelievable. Their fan zone is excellent and has something for everyone to keep you entertained. Unfortunately we arrived about half an hour before kick off so we were not able to get a proper swatch, but the parts I did see looked very impressive. The fact that the game was one of the best games of last season was a Brucey Bonus. Blows the experience and facilities in this country out the water

Can’t comment on rancid clubs like that that spunk millions/billions when it could be so much more useful elsewhere, honestly hate city, Chelsea, PSG etc with more than passion

Yes what a shame proper clubs like Man Utd and the ‘Pool have to rely solely on revenue gained from the sale of replica jerseys to the street urchins of Toxteth and Cheetham Hill.

Mrs CB and I went down to the Etihad last season for the Spurs Champions League game (the VAR one). The set up down there is unbelievable. Their fan zone is excellent and has something for everyone to keep you entertained. Unfortunately we arrived about half an hour before kick off so we were not able to get a proper swatch, but the parts I did see looked very impressive. The fact that the game was one of the best games of last season was a Brucey Bonus. Blows the experience and facilities in this country out the water
[/QUOTE
See if a CL semi final isn’t better than a Scottish game for experience then there’s something drastically wrong. How can you even try and compare?

Yeah mate like any manager that manages a top club. Stupid argument there’s a reason why they don’t

I don’t really give a %^*& about Man City But Chelsea never ever got this

If we could by the complex across from our main stand we could have a similar set up , but what are the chances of the council playing ball and selling ? We can only pee with the willy we’ve got I’m afraid .

I’m going to be honest , I’ve only ever been in the fanzone twice , like most of the lads I know we have pubs that we use in town then taxito ground. I understand it’s brilliant and the time I did go the live band played oasis, m charlatans , the jam and other good cover songs. Never heard of them ever having a brass band.
Also the way the team arrives is brilliant for the kids, teamall come off one by one and introduced to the fans
Still it’s a shame we seem to annoy folk because we have money and no atmosphere at games yet go to 75% of Rangers home games and place is like a library but don’t dare mention that

I see this argument every time his name comes up and will never, ever understand it. Why should he have to?

Up there with the ‘could Messi do it on a cold Tuesday night at Stoke’.

I went to Etihad a few years ago with Liverpool, (game we pumped them 4-1) and I to seen the fan zone, a stage and some sort of band playing... and I came away from it thinking “please never allow this to happen fully at Ibrox”.

Now, it’s good there is some sort of fan zone for the kids at Ibrox just now but I felt everything that was around the Etihad was plastic with no real atmosphere. I felt like I was at some showground, concert sort of thing and did not feel like the weekends biggest football game was about to take place.

I'm sure just about all of us who 'follow' another team or are even just into groundhopping would agree that most other top teams match day experience blows Rangers out the water

We should look at what they did with the rugby during the commonwealth games at Ibrox. The council gave permission for that so shouldn't reject anything similar by the club.

Yeah I’d like to see Klopp managing Bournemouth and Conte managing Sheffield United. Be interesting to see if Klopp could take Bournemouth to the CL final.
Ha ha, not with the money Bournemouth have to spend. I know it is a lot, 100 mill a season but, due to many factors ( size of ground, no traditional large fanbase etc. ) 80 mill of that goes on just PL wages to keep the decent players we have. Bournemouth could never go and sign a Van Dyke for 75 mill for example. That's why I think Howe does such a great job there.

Ha ha, not with the money Bournemouth have to spend. I know it is a lot, 100 mill a season but, due to many factors ( size of ground, no traditional large fanbase etc. ) 80 mill of that goes on just PL wages to keep the decent players we have. Bournemouth could never go and sign a Van Dyke for 75 mill for example. That's why I think Howe does such a great job there.

Eddie Howe has done a fantastic job at Bournemouth and that’s why he gets linked with jobs like the Arsenal one.

Could he keep a squad of world class players happy?

Could he take a player like Sterling as a youngster and mould him into the player he has become?

We simply won’t know until he is given a chance at a Top club

I think most folk get annoyed at Man City because the club is used to launder the reputation of its owners.

With regards to the fan zone, they can probably throw our entire transfer budget at their fan zone. They have resources we can only dream of, which makes the comparisons absolutely pointless.

In a few years time, City will be back challenging mid table - still, with no history.

Mediocre, club.

I'm not saying for a minute we should have a brass band playing out side Ibrox, I'm making an observation of what I seen and how different things are, as a dad who takes his kid to the games I'm seeing that there was plenty to do outside the ground if you arrived a couple hours before kick off, there is still things on after the game meaning you don't have to rush out the ground to sit in the car for nearly an hr before you can move a few hundred yards.

As for inside the ground and the fans, small bursts of singing throughout the game but nothing like the goosebumps Ibrox gives on nights like Thursday.

An enjoyable experience made better by the football that was being made on the pitch, would I like to swap my season ticket at Ibrox for one at city, not a chance,would I like to swap some of the players at Rangers for some of the city players, Maybe

Back