Went to Man City game

I wonder what many in here would have done when we were almost gone and a rich Arab came along in his camel and invested obscene amounts. I wonder if the same folk who ridicule City would have stopped supporting us in disgust
Arab money would only help us get where we were before other countries got huge TV payments so it wouldn’t plasticise us the same.

I went to Man City v Watford, the football by city was phenomenal at times, watching the playere movement off the ball was a joy, what I did notice is the fan experience with the fanzone, small football pitch for kids to play, loads of other games for kids to play, interviews with ex players, brass band playing, the fanzone continued after the game also looking back at the highlights of the game that had just been played, Really good set up.

Also the academy stadium (I think that's what it was) is better than most stadiums in the spfl with obviously the excof one or 2.
Great day out.
The difference is that down south it’s encouraged to have plenty activities for kids pre and post game, the event is made to last all day, kids are encouraged to play football. Whereas up here we have councils that do whatever possible to block stadium upgrades and improvements that will clearly impact the local community positively. This, is why Scottish football is laughed at in its decline, why we have a crap national team with barely any young prospects as football isn’t encouraged growing up.

Back