Were we denied a penalty in the Livi game?

rfc4ever

Having just watched the highlights, I think when it was 0-0 and Arfield had just cracked the ball off the crossbar then it spun in the air came back into the box both Morelos and a livi player challenged in the air for it and both landed on the deck but if you watch the ball is still in play and Morelos tries to get up and chase the ball for a potential header/tap in the Livi player blatantly rolls towards Morelos's direction and trips him up in doing so. It's all incidental as we won the game anyway but had we not that could have been a crucial decision in the match.

Having just watched the highlights, I think when it was 0-0 and Arfield had just cracked the ball off the crossbar then it spun in the air came back into the box both Morelos and a livi player challenged in the air for it and both landed on the deck but if you watch the ball is still in play and Morelos tries to get up and chase the ball for a potential header/tap in the Livi player blatantly rolls towards Morelos's direction and trips him up in doing so. It's all incidental as we won the game anyway but had we not that could have been a crucial decision in the match.
Alfredo was going nuts the guy blatantly prevented him from getting up.

Initial thought was the guy was on the floor and Alfie fell over him so no penalty but I can't remember seeing a replay so can't say for certain.

That happened in front of me at the game and it didn’t look like a penally at the time.

Surprised theres not been more made of it, probably because we won. I thought from the GF he was about to get up and was pulled down by their centre half. It looked a nailed on penalty for me.

It was a tangle of legs. Not sure there was a great deal in it. Had it been at the other end I wouldn't have expected it to be awarded against us.

Not sure about the Morelos one but Halliday clearly pushed for their disallowed goal, first time I've seen a replay of this.

Definitely a penalty, the defender deliberately impeded him, it was my first reaction on Saturday and having watched the highlights last night , it should definitely have been given.

Looked a penalty at the game but as I was at the other side of the ground I wasn’t sure seeing that it’s a penalty.

The big guy that came on for them Pepe(?) looked like a wrestler or a boxer just looked a big bulky guy strange physique for a football player.

I was screaming for it at the time. He definitely stopped Alfie getting up. Not sure if he’d have got to the ball but in first view I thought it was and Alfie clearly agreed by his reaction.
In saying that I think he is miles better this season in terms of not getting wound up about stuff needlessly and bringing himself to the refs attention.

Having just watched the highlights again, I was shocked at how obvious our penalty was (guy deliberately blocks/stops Morelos getting to his feet) & how dodgy theirs was (seems to me the big attacker dangled his legs to make contact with Arfields). Maybe I'm still watching through blue tinted glasses. PS Thought both were penalties at the time.

Watching it first time thought it was a pen, nothing changed my mind

And the referee "collum the useless" frantically waving away his appeals gave me the impression it was a penalty.

Thought at the time it was a pen but as per usual it’s not highlighted and the emphasis is on the Rangers first goal and the claims it should not have stood.

Wrong side of ground to see it but Alfie was defo pissed about something , The TV never replayed the incident so must have been a penalty .If Alfie had dived for a pen then it would have been a 10 min call to get him done for diving . Penalty certain

I thought it was a penalty from my view in CD5, but thought I’d got it wrong when there was no mention of it after the game. I think we assume that Collum will not give us a penalty, but is happy to give the softest penalty kicks against us. It’s simple - he’s intimidated, just like all the other Scottish referees, and it’s made him a poor referee. You just need to look at the lack of high profile games that Andrew Dallas gets, after giving us 4 penalties v St. Mirren last season. That’s the message given to referees. Let there be no doubt, intimidation is the name of the game.

It was more of a penalty than theirs was.

That Rhat Collum though was never giving us it, detestable mentally challenged b*astard.

Why is it when Collum gives even the smallest of decisions he has to do a weird 10 yard sprint. Does my nut in and now I can't unnotice it.
He wants to be the centre of attention at all times.A bit like poet thimson. He is especially dramatic when he has the pleasure of giving a penalty or a red or yellow card against Rangers.A bit like thimson there as well. A horrible little crap referee,and probably a cowardly cheat as well.

Clear and obvious foul, the defender knew Morelos was about to tap it in and impeded him doing so. Penalty and red card. Cheat ref was all but yards away.

I was abroad and only saw a highlights package on YouTube last night. I knew nothing about the game other than the score and scorers so when I saw the incident my first reaction was 'penalty' because the defender pulled Morelos back thus preventing him from getting to the ball. Every time I watch it the foul seems more blatant.

Back