Were we good today?

Fantastic.

3 going on 7, and that's conservative. Dundee keeper kept the score down.

Alfie, Sakala, Aribo and Kamara were terrific.
Borna and Tav solid.
Another good/assured display from Bassey (opposition weak granted)
Wright had some gorgeous moments when he came on, lit up parts of the game including his first touch.

Really enjoyable game topped off with plenty of Griffiths abuse (should have had a 2nd yellow to top it off) and some lovely renditions of "Walter Smith's Blue and White army" from the UB getting different segments of the fans to respond. Brilliant from the UB's.

Best performance of the season for me. High tempo, controlled possession and we weren't being pushed over.
Fashion on one side and Wright on the other looked exciting.
Hats off to the UB for the Lee Griffith's song....... absolutely tremendous !.

It's amazing how people view things differently. I spoke to some lads I know at half time, and when I said I thought we'd played well, and it was only a mixture of poor finishing plus good goal keeping which kept the score down, I was ridiculed with ''what game are you watching?'' Exit stage left because I didn't want to fall out with them.

Even accounting for the quality of the opposition, it was the best performance of the season for me. Morelos and Borna looked more like themselves, Aribo was outstanding, Arfield constantly looked to attack the box, Sakala could have scored a couple but for excellent goalkeeping.
Subs all looked hungry and keen to impress as well. Not many negatives today at all.

Nothing outstanding but we controlled it from start to finish. Would've been 5 or 6 without some great saves, 2 especially from Sakala.

Apart from the final pass and being a bit more clinical in front of goal we played well
Fashion added a bit of pace and balance
Maybe him on one side and Kent on other wing is worth a go
Having said that Joe has to drop deeper
Gio will work it out

Back