Wes Foderingham if sold

Gazza no8

Official Ticketer
We should be looking at £2-2.5m minimum

He is a very good goalkeeper and would be a steal at that price if in championship .

If expected he leaves , Rangers hopefully value him properly especially with the market down there

He will be a bargain for someone. Good keeper at just the right age and his experience at us will be the invaluable.

He's very highly rated by Gerrard and Stewart.

They don't think there's much between him and McGregor, but realise he's too good for reserve football.

He's easily English Championship class, possibly higher.

Certainly better than any of the keepers I saw in the English play offs.

The 2 keepers at Elland Rd are murder.

He could play for any club down there in the championship, easily a fair price and a bargain

I feel sane with Barisic , even though his firm fir us has been average ... £5m minimum , he is a Croatia first choice left back , at top league in Europe club would even say that’s cheap

Clubs aren't going to pay over the odds for a 'keeper who has mostly been sat on his arse for the past year, even if he clearly is a decent player. Furthermore we aren't in a position to demand top dollar.

£2M + is certainly a reasonable valuation of Wes. Think the realistic fee we’d get for him would be around £1.5M, but here’s hoping for higher.

This may seem daft to some but I think we should keep him, keepers tend to get better as they get older and he would be a ready made replacement for McGregor and probably has learned a fair bit training along side him.

Goalkeeper is a risky position we have generally been lucky with, Fod knows what is expected and knows the club.

They don't think there's much between him and McGregor, but realise he's too good for reserve football.

Wes is a 5 million pound player easily mate. Better than 90% of goalies in the Championship

Unfortunately, because of his lack of playing time, as well as his contract situation, we'll be looking at around 1.5 million max.

This may seem daft to some but I think we should keep him, keepers tend to get better as they get older and he would be a ready made replacement for McGregor and probably has learned a fair bit training along side him.

Goalkeeper is a risky position we have generally been lucky with, Fod knows what is expected and knows the club.
This

he's only worth what people are willing to pay for him

and clubs down south don't pay that sort of money for a goalie sitting on the bench in Scotland

was he playing down south, he'd easily go for that money, but he's not

Wes is a 5 million pound player easily mate. Better than 90% of goalies in the Championship

Unfortunately, because of his lack of playing time, as well as his contract situation, we'll be looking at around 1.5 million max.

How much have you watched every keeper in the championship?

You’re stabbing in the dark mate and your valuation is insane.

He could easily be our number 1 by the end of next season mate.

McGregor will be 38 and does have back problems.

Wes is comfortably the 2nd best keeper in our league.

How much have you watched every keeper in the championship?

You’re stabbing in the dark mate and your valuation is insane.

My valuation of him was 1.5 million, how is that insane? I took the circumstances into account if you read the post properly.

If Wes, an Englishman, was playing near the best to his ability for us every week and had a long term deal, at 28, we'd be looking to receive a bid around that easy.

And I watch the Championship regularly. Darren Randolph went to Middlesbrough for 5 million and there's not a chance in hell he's a better goalie than Wes.

I appreciate we need to know our market etc but it would only be in England he might, might be worth anything like a couple of million, it isn't based on talent

I don’t see why anyone wants him to go.

He’s the second best keeper in Scotland and McGregor surely doesn’t have that long left.

Big risk letting go of such a quality keeper if McGregor was then to retire and leave us searching for a replacement. How much would we have to spend to get someone better than Fod?

I feel like we are back to the issue of the longer a player is out the better he gets.

He’s a decent enough keeper and would easily be a good player for a championship team. He’s not and never has been a Rangers number 1 though. Gets beat from distance far to easily and doesn’t have those saves at important times that McGregor pulls out of nowhere.

I’d be happy to keep him as back up but 99% of us were delighted to be upgrading last summer, I’m not sure why there’s a sway towards him now being good enough after a year on the bench.

My valuation of him was 1.5 million, how is that insane? I took the circumstances into account if you read the post properly.

If Wes, an Englishman, was playing near the best to his ability for us every week and had a long term deal, at 28, we'd be looking to receive a bid around that easy.

And I watch the Championship regularly. Darren Randolph went to Middlesbrough for 5 million and there's not a chance in hell he's a better goalie than Wes.

If he is in the top 10% of keepers in that league then why are teams not lining up to snap him up at knockdown cost of £1.5m when he is worth £5m when playing regularly?

I wouldn't be against the idea of giving him an extra year but loaning him out next season.

If he is in the top 10% of keepers in that league then why are teams not lining up to snap him up at knockdown cost of £1.5m when he is worth £5m when playing regularly?

Out of sight out of mind possibly mate?

Reserve keeper in Scotland won't really register down there.

Especially with their unjustified arrogance about the Championship standard.

Out of sight out of mind possibly mate?

Reserve keeper in Scotland won't really register down there.

Especially with their unjustified arrogance about the Championship standard.

Surely that’s where the scouting network comes in then and videos of him playing and people who have worked alongside him, their opinions are sought?

Look at Warburton, he brought him up here and he has opted to take Kelly.

I like Wes and he may be one of the better keepers at that level but I just found that other post a bit far fetched.

No chance we'll be getting £2m+ for him, he's not getting a game for us.

With that said, I think he's a good keeper at a good age, he's going to be a bargain for someone imo.

Surely that’s where the scouting network comes in then and videos of him playing and people who have worked alongside him, their opinions are sought?

I like Wes and he may be one of the better keepers at that level but I just found that other post a bit far fetched.

Kelly had a low buy out clause in his contract.

Wes is a superior keeper to Kelly, although Kelly is a good keeper.

You back training, or still got the shin splints bud?

Kelly had a low buy out clause in his contract.

Wes is a superior keeper to Kelly, although Kelly is a good keeper.

You back training, or still got the shin splints bud?

I’ve just been walking plenty the last few days mate with no sign of the splints. Just heading to the gym, will do some bike work and if all feels good will start running again tomorrow.

My mate and I are going to register for half marathon next year so need to start stepping it up.

Time for for you to llamar a Marcelo.

If Wes is happy with his role as backup then I'd be happy for him to stay - maybe even sign an extension of suitable length to suit both him and club (i.e. for as long as the management team see fit to cover McCrorie's development until ready to step up to be main backup or even McGregor's replacement).

If Wes wants to go, then I don't think we should make ourselves difficult to deal with. A nominal fee and wish him all the best in his career.

Fair enough points mate!

He is a very good goalkeeper and would be a steal at that price if in championship .

If expected he leaves , Rangers hopefully value him properly especially with the market down there
That's the least we should get! A very capable GK with lots of good qualities.

I’ve just been walking plenty the last few days mate with no sign of the splints. Just heading to the gym, will do some bike work and if all feels good will start running again tomorrow.

My mate and I are going to register for half marathon next year so need to start stepping it up.

Good on you mate.

The heart rate monitor sessions I've given you are great prep for half marathons.

If you've got any ice packs put them on your shins after every session for about 10 minutes.

Terrific injury prevention.

Sorry for derailing thread briefly.

I think if Wes played consistently behind the same quality of defence and midfield screening he is a better all round keeper than McGregor.

Better at crosses, with the ball at his feet and distribution, very good shot stopper (the only area where I think AMcG shades it), better temperament and still a couple of years from when goalkeepers typically peak.

I genuinely feel sorry for Wes given the defensive shambles he’s had to play behind coupled with a complete lack of defensive screening. There was a statistic from a couple of years ago that proved that he had faced the more shots from distance than any other keeper in the league.

The above is unprecedented in domestic terms for a Rangers goalkeeper and on that basis I think Wes has been harshly judged. I really hope his loyalty, professionalism, dedication and temperament are rewarded in the coming season.

Number 2s don't go for big money usually.

Look when we got the mullet. One of the best piece of business we had that century until the following season.

I think if Wes played consistently behind the same quality of defence and midfield screening he is a better all round keeper than McGregor.

Better at crosses, with the ball at his feet and distribution, very good shot stopper (the only area where I think AMcG shades it), better temperament and still a couple of years from when goalkeepers typically peak.

I genuinely feel sorry for Wes given the defensive shambles he’s had to play behind coupled with a complete lack of defensive screening. There was a statistic from a couple of years ago that proved that he had faced the more shots from distance than any other keeper in the league.

The above is unprecedented in domestic terms for a Rangers goalkeeper and on that basis I think Wes has been harshly judged. I really hope his loyalty, professionalism, dedication and temperament are rewarded in the coming season.

I personally don't agree, however I spoke to two pros, one played with both and he was adamant Fod was a better keeper technically, however his concentration and head can go which is where Mcgregor tops him.

I mind posting about it at the time and the consensus was he wasn't, I think its tight but mentality wise McGregor has the edge

If we could get £2-2.5m he’d have been sold last summer

I personally don't agree, however I spoke to two pros, one played with both and he was adamant Fod was a better keeper technically, however his concentration and head can go which is where Mcgregor tops him.

I mind posting about it at the time and the consensus was he wasn't, I think its tight but mentality wise McGregor has the edge

AMcG has a poor temperament and next season more than any other we need a group of players who don’t give over zealous officials the opportunity to send them off or hit them with self inflicted bans.

It doesn’t surprise me that fellow pros recognise Wes’s technical edge on AMcG as for his concentration I am sure it is being addressed.

He is actually the number one keeper, as McGregor is suspended. So to prize him away shouldn’t be cheap, as we would be weakening ourselves before the season kicked off.

Farrell and Casilla are both brutal, Leeds could do worse than go for Wes!

AMcG has a poor temperament and next season more than any other we need a group of players who don’t give over zealous officials the opportunity to send them off or hit them with self inflicted bans.

It doesn’t surprise me that fellow pros recognise Wes’s technical edge on AMcG as for his concentration I am sure it is being addressed.

I think it is very tight.

The one thing I noticed after hearing that was McGregor is always moving, watches everything, constantly moving and never seems distracted.

Few weeks later Fod was in for a cup game and it was polar opposite, even something as daft as standing at the post drinking out his bottle while the ball is up the other end.

I wouldn't however, swap Allan McGregor for Fod, my opinion, I just wouldn't.

I'm another that would like to see him given an extension. McGregor surely won't be here for much longer & I think he's got better over the years he's been with us.

His attitude at being bumped down the rankings has been impeccable though & would wish him well if he did move on.

Big Wes fan, great attitude, never a word of complaint and reliable when called on. Also first to get stuck in during the after match rammy at Parkhead

I like Wes and wouldn't be against loaning him out this season for 1st team football with a new 2 year deal to come back and replace McGregor if he retires after this coming season. Play McCrorie in the cups this season then loan McCrorie out next season when Wes is back.

Back