Wes Foderingham if sold

He's very highly rated by Gerrard and Stewart.

They don't think there's much between him and McGregor, but realise he's too good for reserve football.

He's easily English Championship class, possibly higher.

Certainly better than any of the keepers I saw in the English play offs.

The 2 keepers at Elland Rd are murder.

I've never understood the disdain for Fod, he's a top keeper and will only improve taking into account he's only 27 or so. He could feel aggrieved to have lost his place to McGregor, who although is an excellent keeper is coming to the end of his career and has had more than one brain fart last season.

I've never understood the disdain for Fod, he's a top keeper and will only improve taking into account he's only 27 or so. He could feel aggrieved to have lost his place to McGregor, who although is an excellent keeper is coming to the end of his career and has had more than one brain fart last season.

McGregor has overall had an excellent season and was rightly our number one, however had Wes made the blunders that McGregor made against Killie and the LC Semi, not to mention the ridiculous red card, this place would've erupted.

Like I said, McGregor is suffering more and more with back spasms and in an ideal world, Wes would be a perfect replacement for our magnificent keeper.

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll be an interesting start to the season. They are plenty of pre-season games + Europe to give both keepers a run out. But Wes starts the first League game due to AM's suspension.

Does Wes keep the jersey if all goes well? If we sell him, who takes his place?

he should be going for that kind of value but I feel with him being our No.2 and playing in Scotland, it would be very ambitious to expect that kind of price

Loan with a buy out offer is to me the best way to get the most money from him, I can't see it happening, around 500k is what I see him going for, very good value for money.

This may seem daft to some but I think we should keep him, keepers tend to get better as they get older and he would be a ready made replacement for McGregor and probably has learned a fair bit training along side him.

Goalkeeper is a risky position we have generally been lucky with, Fod knows what is expected and knows the club.
He said he is not a reserve keeper so he will not stay with us

keep him,don't sell. yeah he's 2nd choice right now but shagger getting on and won't play every game anyway next season. then when he does go fod will make itit his. he can't expect to play ahead of shagger,no chance mate.

Is anyone actually showing an interest ?

We seem to struggle to move players on at times unless it’s a case of let them go early or we pay people off

If Wes is happy I’d keep him he’s very good back up

Are we confident McGregor will perform to the same standard as last season. Age becomes an issue. And his temperament is every bit as bad as Morelos. If Foderingham goes who replaces McGregor when his contract ends next year? We need to consider the longer term options.

He's very highly rated by Gerrard and Stewart.

They don't think there's much between him and McGregor, but realise he's too good for reserve football.

He's easily English Championship class, possibly higher.

Certainly better than any of the keepers I saw in the English play offs.

The 2 keepers at Elland Rd are murder.
I have to disagree with their rating. McGregor is clearly the better keeper. Anger management issues are a different story though.

I would keep Wes and play him in tandem with shagger. Wes is too good a keeper to keep as a reserve for ever. I would give him maybe 2 games to McGregor's 3 and see how they both get on

Can’t believe what I’m reading!!
Wes isn’t good enough to be rangers number one goalie.
He’s ok to fill the role he did last season which is the odd cup game or filling in when there’s an injury.
He’s a reserve and nothing more,macgregor is ten times the goalkeeper he’ll ever be

He's a very good goalie and been a good servant to Rangers, I was surprised no one came in for him last summer.

We'll be lucky to get £1m for him though unfortunately. Contract running down and he's our back up goalie.

As someone said, would be a bargain for a Championship team.

Can’t believe what I’m reading!!
Wes isn’t good enough to be rangers number one goalie.
He’s ok to fill the role he did last season which is the odd cup game or filling in when there’s an injury.
He’s a reserve and nothing more,macgregor is ten times the goalkeeper he’ll ever be

McGregor's the better keeper, no question, but Wes is a cracking keeper.

McGregor is 38 this season, is getting more and more trouble with his back and won't go on forever mate.

Other than McGregor, Wes will be the best keeper in the country.

I think we should try to hold onto Wes.

Wes is only 28 which is still relatively young for a goalkeeper.

I think once McGregor retires Wes would be more than suitable to step in and reclaim our No.1 jersey. I highly rate him.

What about offering him an extension in the view of him being our No.1 in a season or two once McGregor moves on. We could also send him out on loan if he’s itching to play and then he can come back and slot right in.

He is the 2nd best goalie in Scotland after Allan.

McGregor's the better keeper, no question, but Wes is a cracking keeper.

McGregor is 38 this season, is getting more and more trouble with his back and won't go on forever mate.

Other than McGregor, Wes will be the best keeper in the country.
Don’t and never have rated foderingham,I think he’s pretty pish and folk saying he’s a £5 million pound goalie are off they’re heids!!!

Always likes wes. Great shot stopper. Gets better with experience. Would like to see him stay but can understand his frustration at not playing.
Will forever be remembered for his pen saves in semi at hampden

Agree OP, he's a good young goalkeeper who has managed to prove his worth with us. He should command a decent fee, even if he wants to leave to be first choice.

Hopefully the days of letting our players go for buttons are in the past.

Are we confident McGregor will perform to the same standard as last season. Age becomes an issue. And his temperament is every bit as bad as Morelos. If Foderingham goes who replaces McGregor when his contract ends next year? We need to consider the longer term options.
A concern is that refs have now given him red cards. Being honest he could have picked up plenty more over the years. He could be next seasons Morelos in this respect.

Foderingham is the 2nd / 3rd best keeper in the league. His performance in the OF game showed that, only McGregor and possibly Lewis at the sheep are better than him.

Back