Wes :Winning Tomorrow Bigger Than Semi Final Win

NorseGod

Rangers stopper Wes Foderingham insists ending Celtic's undefeated run on Saturday would eclipse the Light Blues' Hampden semi-final win in 2016 as an achievement.

Foderingham, who penned a new deal at Ibrox this week, was part of Mark Warburton's Championship side which defeated Ronny Delia's Premiership title winners on penalties to book their place in the Scottish Cup final.

The ensuing Old Firm derbies have been less fruitful for Foderingham and Rangers, with Celtic winning three of last season's four encounters in convincing fashion as they marched to the title.

26-year-old Foderingham believes turning the tide, and putting a stop to a run of 55 games without defeat for Brendan Rodgers' side in the process, would be a more notable coup than the semi-final upset.

He said: "Definitely, when we were playing in the Championship, let's be honest, Celtic were not a great side.

"They were not playing well and confidence was extremely high when we beat them.

"If we can perform better and get some wins against them this season it will be a massive achievement.

He added: "It's a rollercoaster, winning the fixture is fantastic, it is the best feeling in the the world.

"But when you lose it's a real low point. We are keen to win more times than not this season and hopefully that can start on Saturday.

"It's a difficult game but we have got players who have played in difficult fixtures all over the globe.

"There is no doubt the Old Firm derby is a different type of occasion, it calls for cool heads, but I think we have that."

Have to disagree with the big man there.

In years to come, a look back at history will show that a lower league Rangers knocked a top-of-the-league Celtic out of the Scottish cup.

If we win tomorrow history will simply show that we beat them at home in a league game.
Which is exactly what we should be expecting to do.

Have to disagree with the big man there.

In years to come, a look back at history will show that a lower league Rangers knocked a top-of-the-league Celtic out of the Scottish cup.

If we win tomorrow history will simply show that we beat them at home in a league game.
Which is exactly what we should be expecting to do.

We win tomorrow we stop their games at 54 and take a step towards 55 Titles.

Something in the numbers?

We win tomorrow we stop their games at 54 and take a step towards 55 Titles.

Something in the numbers?
All well and good and I hope we smash them tomorrow but I can't agree that it would be more 'notable' as written in the OP.

I agree with him, as sweet as the Semi win was when there was a division between us, a win tomorrow would suggest we're getting closer to competing with them again on a regular basis and not just in a one off game.

To win the first league game of the season against them would be huge IMO.

For the record though, I don't think we will.

All well and good and I hope we smash them tomorrow but I can't agree that it would be more 'notable' as written in the OP.

Both results will stand on their own merits should we win tomorrow.

The semi final was a historic result, as this one can be.

To beat them tomorrow and end their run be a supreme feeling.

To beat them tomorrow and be the catalyst for 55, well...

Both results will stand on their own merits should we win tomorrow.

The semi final was a historic result, as this one can be.

To beat them tomorrow and end their run be a supreme feeling.

To beat them tomorrow and be the catalyst for 55, well...

My thoughts exactly mate. For me every win against them has importance, even at under 10 level ;)

The 2016 SF win was huge as it gave most bears a feeling at the time that we were just about back from the hellish journey of the previous 4 years.

Tomorrow is massive for so many reasons. We need to overcome the mental block we have when playing that mob, and put an end to this invincibles shite.

At present, there's no appetite throughout the rest of Scottish football to beat them so it's going to have to be us who does it.

Tomorrow will have a massive impact on how this season pans out imo. Lose, and I fear we'll just see a re-run of last season. Win, and it lays down a marker, gives us a massive confidence boost and also shows the rest of them that the scum aren't as good as is being made out.

The semi final victory against them brought about massive changes for them and basically altered their future. Anyone who thinks they'd have went for Rodgers had they beat us that day needs their head examined.

That victory at Hampden basically frightened them into taking us seriously.

A win tomorrow and they'll literally implode with rage. Do you seriously think us ending their unbeaten run passes off without any sort of paranoid frenzy ?

A win tomorrow and they need to start taking us seriously again.

The semi final victory against them brought about massive changes for them and basically altered their future. Anyone who thinks they'd have went for Rodgers had they beat us that day needs their head examined.

That victory at Hampden basically frightened them into taking us seriously.

A win tomorrow and they'll literally implode with rage. Do you seriously think us ending their unbeaten run passes off without any sort of paranoid frenzy ?

A win tomorrow and they need to start taking us seriously again.

Sounds good to me ;)

A win tomorrow will be massive in terms of team confidence. Also with alves out it is imperative Wes commands that penalty box and gets out to crosses.

Knocking them out the cup regardless how long it took in the game will always be remembered.
Beating them at Ibrox in 90 minutes in the league, which will be the first time since 2012 will also have that special feel.

Back