Wes

Miles Morelos

Think the big man deserves some praise, especially how he’s just been drafted in.

Nice to see him today. Good to see we have backup to rely on, unlike our forwards.

Played very well imo. Distribution and catching was excellent and he saved our arses with that save near the end.

He did very well other than a few aimless long balls to Defoe.

Only Wes, Kamara and to an extent Kent escape criticism today

Wasn’t there today. Does he do that pointless kick out to Tav that mcgregor always does?

Wes is a good keeper, who lacks the courage to command his area.

His distribution is brilliant, probably his strongest asset.

One thing he's proven is that not only is he a good keeper, he's also a top class professional.
It's one thing to come into a club knowing that you'll be second choice keeper but entirely different to have the gloves and then find yourself on the bench when someone else comes in.
I've a lot of admiration for the guy!

Must be really frustrating to be a reserve goalie, especially after being first choice for so long. Would have been easy to spit the dummy but Big Wes has clearly taken it on the chin and continues to perform his job well when required. I like the guy.
We must have been typing literally the same thing at the same time!
:)

Wes is a good keeper, who lacks the courage to command his area.

His distribution is brilliant, probably his strongest asset.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I have always thought him a good keeper, your right about not commanding his box but not many modern day keepers do...

He did very well with the save but I lost count of the number of times I shouted today about his distribution. Long, aimless balls to Defoe are pointless - he’s 5 foot 7 inches tall and didn’t stand a chance against the Saints central defenders. Very frustrating for fans - goodness knows how Defoe feels.

He got us a point today.
How the f uck a central defender gets MOTM is beyond me.

St Johnstone must have been in our half about half a dozen times and had three clear chances.
Wes was motm.

He did very well with the save but I lost count of the number of times I shouted today about his distribution. Long, aimless balls to Defoe are pointless - he’s 5 foot 7 inches tall and didn’t stand a chance against the Saints central defenders. Very frustrating for fans - goodness knows how Defoe feels.

Wes passes to DeFoe we’re more successful than any other players today.

Think the big man deserves some praise, especially how he’s just been drafted in.

Nice to see him today. Good to see we have backup to rely on, unlike our forwards.

Played very well imo. Distribution and catching was excellent and he saved our arses with that save near the end.

Agree that Wes did us proud today. Our best player by a distance imo.

Still the best goalkeeper in Scotland in my view.

I know we all love Shagger but Wes has all the attributes to be the archetypal modern goalkeeper. We need to get him signed up long term because he’s still young and there’s few in Britain better.

He made one save.

Only keeper I’ve seen at Rangers to rival his distribution was Wattereus.
As usual I think people on here go OTT with their criticism of Wes. If Allan hadn’t come back I’d have been more than happy with him as no.1

Only keeper I’ve seen at Rangers to rival his distribution was Wattereus.
As usual I think people on here go OTT with their criticism of Wes. If Allan hadn’t come back I’d have been more than happy with him as no.1
I like Wes, I’ve always liked Wes. In fact, he could still be back as number one of McGregor retires before McCrorie is ready

Nobody else wanted the ball today, and as soon as Wes keeps the ball for longer than 2 seconds the idiots in the crowd start shouting at him. No wonder he's punting it long when there's folk getting on his back constantly.

One of the gripes with people on here was Wes conceding from distance, McGregor hasn't conceded many from distance but I've noticed he doesn't get tested as much from distance as the back four and sitting mids are doing their job. I don't think Wes would have conceded as much as he has with these better players around him.

He has conducted himself professionally in all his time with us regardless of whether in or out of the team. He did very well today and he deserves to be recognised for this. Well done Wes. WATP

Back