West Boathouse on Glasgow Green used by Rangers Founding Fathers being developed with £1.37m funding

Did anything ever happen about creating a new plaque considering the old one has currently been left smashed up on Glasgow Green?

Have contacted Glasgow City Council about the smashed up Rangers plaque in Glasgow Green, been left like that for months now. Anyone else please feel free to do the same.

https://www.facebook.com/1872Foundi...779845417873/2107788915916948/?type=3&theater

We are surrounded by the scum of the earth that would enjoy the destruction of an inanimate object.

It is as clear a symbol of hatred as the 'hahaha 66' graffiti we have to endure.

So very sad.

Keep up the good work Nacho.

"The first known picture of the Rangers squad shows the 1877 team, resplendent in white shirts, with a light blue, six pointed star on the left breast. According to Ralston, the presence of the star was an interesting puzzle to many Rangers enthusiasts. On uncovering the link between Vallance and Clyde ARC, and the official symbol of Clyde ARC, the mystery is arguably solved."

Not having that.

There is no proof that the shirts worn in the picture have anything to do with the rowing club (personally i think the shirts were worn just for the picture to look smart).

The thing that annoys me is the assumption that the star in the photo is blue, no one knows its colour.

I'm not a fan of the club using the star for anything.
In his book, published every year since 1868, Alcock mentioned an English rugby team of the era, Swindon Rangers, who played in white socks, white shorts and white shirts with a blue star on the breast

The founders of Rangers were not only inclined to nick the name of Swindon’s Victorian rugby pioneers but also copied the kit – an exact replica of which Rangers donned in the 1876/77 Scottish Cup Final

Back