West Brom fan stayfor90 proposal

The proposed solution feels Orwellian & not very realistic. As others have pointed out its got to be a pisstake or the ramblings of a mad man.

Do hate the amount of fans that leave early ever week. It must have a shit impression on the players who we are meant to be supporting, it's shit for the people they inconvenience having to stand to let them out & it's shit for people who couldn't get a ticket that would have stayed for the whole game.

Hate the argument people have paid their money so it's their choice. If the guy sitting next to you was wearing a Celtic top & singing about the IRA would you say oh well he's paid his money it's his choice.

Big games are always sold out, it's a privilege to be there. Your meant to be supporting the team you love. Shouldn't be a chore to stay for the full game.

The amount of people that leave early always makes me wonder if the roads/subway even are quieter for them anyhow. Surely you just have to queue with the other part timers?

I know some will have genuine good reasons to leave early, but don't think it can explain the majority

Reactions: WBD
I’d say easily 80%-90% of those people didn’t have to leave early, it’s just out of sheer habit.

It’s beyond embarrassing now. Been waiting 11 year to play in the champions league and you’ve got people leaving.
That's definitely the case. Doesn't matter what day the game is or what time it is, it's always the same. They somehow managed to stay till the end in the Europa semi against Leipzig but every other game they head off, no matter the score at the time. We pride ourselves on the atmosphere at Ibrox at times but having a half empty stadium before the final whistle goes is a brasser.

generally think folk who moan about people leaving early have next to no idea what attending a football game can actually be like TBH

FaXCzUXWAAIUTOM

FaXCztXXoAsO9wL
Think he’s been on the baggies.

generally think folk who moan about people leaving early have next to no idea what attending a football game can actually be like TBH
Ibrox is a pain in the arse to get to and from, but I've attended hundreds of matches without ever leaving early. Admittedly I can often be the person coming in that everyone has to stand for just as the match is starting

Ibrox is a pain in the arse to get to and from, but I've attended hundreds of matches without ever leaving early. Admittedly I can often be the person coming in that everyone has to stand for just as the match is starting

I wouldn't say it is just about leaving early because of traffic, subway etc - which is f*cking garbage and IMO leaving a few minutes early to get ahead of it is totally with merit on occasion.

it is often just feel of the game, dead arse games that are clearly done long before the final whistle

on occasion it is just f*cking freezing and boosting a few minutes before the end of the game in the grand scheme of thing means sod all.

folk likely head early now and then before the end to grab a scran before heading back on the bus etc and so on.

f*ck it, on occasion when actually living a game and the performance is dross there can be times it just gets hard to look at, folk staying till the end during the 5-1 game v Celtic are IMO, mentally unhinged, games during that era, games after the turn of the year in season 19/20, there were a few then that it was verging on unhealthy to sit and watch it

There can be 101 reasons for kicking a game early before even considering that a lot of our fans are old as f*ck and likely want to just get back their bus before it f*cks off.

Last edited:
Hilarious you think that’s a simple solution
Why is it hilarious.
The fans who stay for 90 minutes should be rewarded as oppossed to those who leave early.
Take 2/3 My Gers points off those who leave early.
For the "its my choice brigade" no problem, you are given 5 points for attending a game, if you chose to not watch the full game you should not receive full 5 points.

There are buses parked on Copland Road which are full and ready to leave when there is still 5 minutes to go.
Toryglen is definitely one of them

Definitely the Toryglen bus and that's the first one to leave as well. They must leave early to fill that bus that quick.

Why is it hilarious.
The fans who stay for 90 minutes should be rewarded as oppossed to those who leave early.
Take 2/3 My Gers points off those who leave early.
For the "its my choice brigade" no problem, you are given 5 points for attending a game, if you chose to not watch the full game you should not receive full 5 points.

How do you know who the "it's my choice brigade" are though?

What if someone has family or work commitments or has to leave early for another reason? Do you survey them on the way out?

I personally stay till the end of games, however this is not something the club or any fan group can enforce. There can be 101 reasons someone chooses to leave early. Family reasons, work, age, health I could go on and on. And for any club to fit sensors to seats is a rediculous suggestion.

The other, even simpler solution, is that people are allowed leave when they want, for whatever reason they want and without having to explain it to anyone.
Ok then reward those fans who support the team for 90 minutes by giving them an extra MyGers point.
Those same fans who leave early will be happy to castigate players if they decide to only give 100% for 75/80 minutes

I wouldn't say it is just about leaving early because of traffic, subway etc - which is f*cking garbage and IMO leaving a few minutes early to get ahead of it is totally with merit on occasion.

it is often just feel of the game, dead arse games that are clearly done long before the final whistle

on occasion it is just f*cking freezing and boosting a few minutes before the end of the game in the grand scheme of thing means sod all.

folk likely head early now and then before the end to grab a scran before heading back on the bus etc and so on.

f*ck it, on occasion when actually living a game and the performance is dross there can be times it just gets hard to look at, folk staying till the end during the 5-1 game v Celtic are IMO, mentally unhinged, games during that era, games after the turn of the year in season 19/20, there were a few then that it was verging on unhealthy to sit and watch it

There can be 101 reasons for kicking a game early before even considering that a lot of our fans are old as f*ck and likely want to just get back their bus before it f*cks off.
I stayed to the end at that 5-1 game then the 4-0/5-0 game at Hampden and Parkhead and looking back I’m positive I must’ve been losing the plot in my life %^*& knows what I was thinking.

I’ve no problem with people leaving early though, I’ve done it myself it doesn’t affect my life in any way

Latest posts

Back