West Brom Have A Go At Lennon Over Burke

Damning words. Brilliant read.

Tims racking up.a horrible reputation right across europe for their treatment of loan players. The message is clear now - do not send your players to the piggery if you want them to be looked after properly.

Lennon will respond in an aggressive and defensive manner, nothing surer. But hopefully the damage has been done.

It's hard not to get too carried away with all the amateur-hour stuff coming out about them every other day but if it keeps up and Lennon divides the dressing room with his snarling, confrontational ways, then next season has the potential to be real car-crash stuff for them. Which would be glorious.

Funny how so many clubs have a problem with their players on loan at Celtic. Very few of them have a good thing to say and yet, clubs keep lending them players.

Probably says more about the clubs loaning to Celtic than anything else.

Liverpool no longer work with them because of Gerrard.

Chelsea no longer work with them after how they treated Musonda.

Borussia Dortmund angered over the treatment of Toljan.

PSG angered over the treatment of Weah as was the player himself.

Now West Brom...

The mentally challengeds sure know how to burn bridges

But... but... they have a special bond with every team in Europe I thought?!?!?!

Lennon looks more fucking shite than he usually does. Cųnt must be 18 stone minimum.

I’d genuinely love to know why some posters are desperate to rush to lennon’s defence on this and seem to go down the “every young person is a hunk” rubbish that infests the lounge.

Edit: I see frozen flakes of snow have been altered to appear as “hunk.” Good call.

We have no idea what happened. But given that Lennon is a racist, xenophobic, misogynist and sectarian prick, it doesn’t seem wholly unlikely that he actually did something deserving condemnation, no?

I’m sure folk down south do know exactly what he’s like. That’s why he can’t get a job down there.

Victor, who you quoted, sounds like @jamesvondoom...a one time twitter reptile I saw quoted on here before.

Like a cheap daytime soap opera if it had a sponsor it would be carbolic soap and coming next week watch out for PC McGrew and his panda car turn up to bring some bad news.

Took a peek on scum site. They honestly believe WBA's complaint is the amount of playing time Burke got. In denial that their manager is unstable.

Roll on 55.

Funny how so many clubs have a problem with their players on loan at Celtic. Very few of them have a good thing to say and yet, clubs keep lending them players.

Probably says more about the clubs loaning to Celtic than anything else.

Might have something to do with the fees and wages the tramps are willing to pay. Got to laugh at them as they seem to be stumbling from one disaster to the next. Long may it continue

Watch with interest the attitude in the coming weeks of certain players.

Sinclair, Ntcham, Edouard, McGregor
I think we are crowing far too quickly here. They could end up taking in say £3m, £8-10m, £10-12m, £10m for the above plus the ludicrous £20m rumour for Tierney. If all of a sudden they have £30m of that to spend we can’t take anything for granted. It’s nice to see bad news stories about them but it’s premature to think their whole summer is going tits up as that other thread has been suggesting. It’s only June still.

West Brom now trashing the treatment Olly Burke got from Lennon.

And West Brom technical director Luke Dowling revealed they were furious at Lennon’s treatment of the player on the day West Brom unveiled Slaven Bilic as their new boss.

Dowling said: “He won’t be going anywhere near Celtic with the current manager.

“We sent Olly to Celtic in good faith with Brendan Rodgers and Lee Congerton, there were some really good people up there that wanted to take Olly and wanted to play him.

“Once Brendan left to go to Leicester the treatment he got from the manager that’s in place now is something we don’t expect for one of our players.

“He won’t be going anywhere near Celtic FC. We currently have a new manager that’s excited to start working and looking at Olly.”.............................

Asked if he could elaborate on what had gone on, north of the border, Dowling added: “They know what’s gone on and Olly certainly knows what’s gone on. It’s just something we’re not happy with at all.”

Additionally you also have Chelsea who weren’t happy with how Musonda was treated and soon you will find as word spreads that soon very few English clubs of of real notice will loan players to them knowing this how their players get treated.

West Brom now trashing the treatment Olly Burke got from Lennon.

And West Brom technical director Luke Dowling revealed they were furious at Lennon’s treatment of the player on the day West Brom unveiled Slaven Bilic as their new boss.

Dowling said: “He won’t be going anywhere near Celtic with the current manager.

“We sent Olly to Celtic in good faith with Brendan Rodgers and Lee Congerton, there were some really good people up there that wanted to take Olly and wanted to play him.

“Once Brendan left to go to Leicester the treatment he got from the manager that’s in place now is something we don’t expect for one of our players.

“He won’t be going anywhere near Celtic FC. We currently have a new manager that’s excited to start working and looking at Olly.”.............................

Asked if he could elaborate on what had gone on, north of the border, Dowling added: “They know what’s gone on and Olly certainly knows what’s gone on. It’s just something we’re not happy with at all.”
Would be good if he just let us know what went on ? :p

I think we are crowing far too quickly here. They could end up taking in say £3m, £8-10m, £10-12m, £10m for the above plus the ludicrous £20m rumour for Tierney. If all of a sudden they have £30m of that to spend we can’t take anything for granted. It’s nice to see bad news stories about them but it’s premature to think their whole summer is going tits up as that other thread has been suggesting. It’s only June still.

They would never spend 30 million on a team playing in the SPFL.
Even they are not that stupid!
Especially when there more disco lights needed to complete the full set at Saville Towers.

Last edited:
Liverpool no longer work with them because of Gerrard.

Chelsea no longer work with them after how they treated Musonda.

Borussia Dortmund angered over the treatment of Toljan.

PSG angered over the treatment of Weah as was the player himself.

Now West Brom...

The mentally challengeds sure know how to burn bridges
I don’t think Derby, with Chelsea legend Lampard in charge will entertain them either. They will be hoping he moves to give them a chance of a loan deal for Lowe.

If they are not that stupid!
Especially when there more disco lights needed to complete the full set at Saville Towers.
Continue to laugh and jest by all means. We were all pissing ourselves laughing at the start of last season and what did we end up winning? Let’s wait until we at least get some competitive games done and see where the relative positions lie.

Agreed but I do think the first four are the types to want to just look after number one and shaft them.

Get their agents to tell the buying clubs to put in a low ball offer and make it clear to Lennon etc they want to go or it's tools down. Then have a nicer pay check on transfer or stay and cause unrest

Or maybe just wishful thinking on my part!

“They know what went on and we know what went on”

Sounds to me that West Brom do not really want to go public with what happened.

If Lennon responds, it may all come out in the open.

If he keeps quiet [like his Hibs exit], we know that whatever it was, it must be quite damning. He keeps getting into these situations, he has no self control.

If they are not that stupid!

I agree, but the one point of caution to me is that while we get our signings in early and before the window is even open, it gives them an indication of what they need to spend.Hopefully he blows what cash they have on duds, but in my view it still gives them a marker so to speak.

They really aren't having a good summer are they.

Hopefully we see Lennon tipped over the edge with this.

Amazingly though Burke done absolutely fu*k all at them and still got back into the Scotland squad.

Back