West Germany Vintage 1972-74 - who recognises man in the picture?

mdingwall

Administrator
Beyond The Last Man‏ @BeyondTLM 41m41 minutes ago
New on BTLM: West Germany Vintage 1972-74. Eclectic, retro pics from the then World &… http://beyondthelastman.com/2017/09/05/west-germany-vintage-1972-74/ …

DI9Qc3aUQAAyLTO.jpg

0 replies2 retweets3 likes

Deffo Gunter Netzer, midfield maestro, used to be an old guy would go to Baillieston Juniors games with his 2 dogs who looked identical, he called them Gunter and Netzer!

I remember West Germany hammering England at Wembley in the early 70s. They played in green and Netzer was different class from anyone else on the pitch.

I remember West Germany hammering England at Wembley in the early 70s. They played in green and Netzer was different class from anyone else on the pitch.
I think that is everybody's memory of him. I think it was a weird night as well like Friday or Saturday.

I think that is everybody's memory of him. I think it was a weird night as well like Friday or Saturday.

Only if you're old enough!
Can't remember... was he in the World Cup winning squad? Didn't play in the final and struggling to remember him in the tournament.

It was a Saturday night. What a performance from Netzer. He was the first German to play for Real Madrid.

Relatively unknown until that night he destroyed England. Watched in awe as he ruled the midfield that night.

The majority of that German team was made up of players from the Bayern Munich team we beat in the EWCW Semi-
Final.

There was a video of the home leg with German language commentary, kicking around on the old FF board, in which the commentator said something to the effect of, "The 80,000 crowd in here tonight will be good practice for the Bayern players who will be at Wembley in a few weeks."

Back