West Ham friendly in July?

Really hope this is a goer but have my doubts that the Met police would allow it , sure Millwall and Chelsea fans would be only too happy to join in with the bear support, potential for some real carnage

Really hope this is a goer but have my doubts that the Met police would allow it , sure Millwall and Chelsea fans would be only too happy to join in with the bear support, potential for some real carnage
They come up to Ibrox with no problems.
If they want to meet to punch %^*& out of each other London’s a big place,they could do it any time away from a game where there would be shitloads of police.

Saw it on twitter - no chance will this happen, it would be carnage and the Met would never allow it. Can imagine there would be a lot of Millwall fans in amongst the Rangers support if it did.
So because of arseholes that want to use our clubs fixture as an excuse to have a ruck with like minded arsehole . Normal grown up supporters should be denied the opportunity of attending a game of football.
Put the game on.
Warn anyone that wishes to cause bother that they will be identified and jailed.

We've been reluctant to travel for friendlies in amongst all the qualifiers since Gerrard arrived so not sure we'd be interested. Doubt the coppers would be keen even if we did.

Would love it to happen however.

Great club and great fans also.
Hope it happens and I doubt there would be any carnage. West Ham fans are more than welcome at Ibrox and I’m sure we would be there too.

Just like fans of 90% English clubs come up here with no bother and travel to our euro away games with no bother.

Some people really like to talk us down.

Saw it on twitter - no chance will this happen, it would be carnage and the Met would never allow it. Can imagine there would be a lot of Millwall fans in amongst the Rangers support if it did.
Yep I’m sure one of the worlds largest police forces that have to police some of the biggest football matches and events in the world, will be worried about a football friendly in the summer

Don't see a problem with this. Hope it goes ahead. No probs with West Ham and I don't think they have any affiliation with that mob.

Gor Blimey, would you Adam n Eve it.
yMBQWkY.gif

Why all the talk of bother, 5000 Bears at Highbury back in 96 without a hint of trouble, it'd be a fantastic away day for fans.

They come up to Ibrox with no problems.
If they want to meet to punch %^*& out of each other London’s a big place,they could do it any time away from a game where there would be shitloads of police.

Indeed.

Pretty sure I read the same crap before we played Fulham and Arsenal.

Watching Rangers playing in the Olympic stadium and a chance to see Lady Brady's big chebs - sign me up!

awful lot of West Ham are very pro Rangers pro loyalist
Need to leave out any Rangers/Chelsea stuff for this type of game, build bridges:)

If it’s half as good as the Emirates - it’ll be fan-bloody-tastic. Still rates as the best weekend I’ve probably ever had.

Done a job in Newham east London early 90s in a tower block. Waiting for the lift and there was a sticker with the hammers crossed thing and it said West Ham and Rangers best of British.

Would love this, would be a great trip. Know a couple of West Ham fans who come up here for games and have welcomed us down there as well and got us tickets too.

Well I remember the west ham fans with a few bears in tow,marched down to parkhead for a pre season friendly. Left from tgi fridays in the town singing no surrender to the ira, tims didnt come near. So I was told, by someone who was there.

Back