West Ham had interest in Rangers’ Hagi, according to club insider

Hagi will be a Rangers player next season.
A. If Gerrard wants him
And
B. Hagi's head is not turned by a bigger team. That's not West Ham btw.

He will no want to play in the championship compared to staying at us and play in the champions league!

I think it probably should be mentioned every top team in Europe were wanting this boy last summer (went to Genk for guaranteed game time and CL football), teams much better and bigger than West Ham. We have a big talent on our hands

Not that I would like to see it happen but there will be interest in Hagi from the EPL for next season.

Is it possible that we both buy and sell him in the same close season?

Purely hypothetical before anyone starts. :)

I like youre thinking.

I think it probably should be mentioned every top team in Europe were wanting this boy last summer (went to Genk for guaranteed game time and CL football), teams much better and bigger than West Ham. We have a big talent on our hands
See, this is where the whole thing looks a little strange to me. Genk paid 8 million Euros for him, he has every top team in Europe interested, but they let him go on loan and then for an agreed loss a year later?

There is absolutely more to the story than that as it makes zero sense at all.

Time will tell if he will be a great player for us but he certainly looks the part, it also shows that great players can just walk into a team and look like they have always played for them.
Not an easy task for a young lad never having played our thuggish football before.

See, this is where the whole thing looks a little strange to me. Genk paid 8 million Euros for him, he has every top team in Europe interested, but they let him go on loan and then for an agreed loss a year later?

I think it’s pretty simple. He goes to Genk for reasons mentioned in original post, it doesn’t work out for him there which leads to top teams getting put off leading to an opportunity for us to get him. I think it’s fair that you are confused tbh, I was originally as well.

They paid 4 mil + 20% of a future fee. Where you heard about 8 mil mate ? If Rangers buy Hagi then Genk will break even as they get 4 mil and Viitorul (Hagi's ex club gets 1 mil).

Still early doors. He's been excellent so far and exactly what we need but we don't have to jump the gun here.

We still have until the summer to fully run the rule over him. Then we can confirm the deal. He seems like a sensible kid who would know a few years with us will best serve his development. His dad going by his comments also seems very keen on him being at Rangers, I'm sure he takes his dads words seriously.

Still early doors. He's been excellent so far and exactly what we need but we don't have to jump the gun here.

We still have until the summer to fully run the rule over him. Then we can confirm the deal. He seems like a sensible kid who would know a few years with us will best serve his development. His dad going by his comments also seems very keen on him being at Rangers, I'm sure he takes his dads words seriously.
He does mate. Iirc it was his dad that told him to turn down the likes of Barcelona, Man City etc to go to Genk and get first team football

Wear Ham are an omni-shambles of a club. Moyes wouldn't know what to do with a player like Hagi.

I was listening to Talksport after their Citeh defeat and apparently he left virtually every decent attacker the club has on the bench, and didn’t even change it after they conceded. The fans were going nuts saying it was a setup to fail.

from what I read, he didn't fit into Genk's system and seemed to be unhappy there. The most surprising thing is Genk have potentially decided to sell him to us knowing that he could have done well in Europe and increased the price

sounds like him and the manager have maybe had a disagreement somewhere or something? speculating there though

Not worried in the slightest, he wants stability and it looks like it's happening at Ibrox. 5m in Summer a full season and gone for 20+ if his current trajectory stays stable.
This.
Been following him since he was 17. He loves playing. Genk used him often from the bench after beeing promised to be a key player for their team when they conviced him and his father to sign for them. Even if the russian would of payed 3 times the price Genk payed for him. At Rangers he found a manager that play him in the first team and the fans love him.
He will sign with Rangers and stay at least 2 years I believe.

I think it’s pretty simple. He goes to Genk for reasons mentioned in original post, it doesn’t work out for him there which leads to top teams getting put off leading to an opportunity for us to get him. I think it’s fair that you are confused tbh, I was originally as well.

There is no way Genk gave him such a short time, with all the interest we are hearing about, and just let him go, especially knowing that a loan to us could raise his profile in Europe etc.

No idea what it is, but it would be like us loaning Kent out with a fixed fee of 5 million because he has not been great recently: not ever going to happen.

from what I read, he didn't fit into Genk's system and seemed to be unhappy there. The most surprising thing is Genk have potentially decided to sell him to us knowing that he could have done well in Europe and increased the price

sounds like him and the manager have maybe had a disagreement somewhere or something? speculating there though

There must have been something gone on. Whatever it was, good!

The lad looks to have all the tools and all of the right mentality. He will make it big for sure.

There is no way Genk gave him such a short time, with all the interest we are hearing about, and just let him go, especially knowing that a loan to us could raise his profile in Europe etc.

No idea what it is, but it would be like us loaning Kent out with a fixed fee of 5 million because he has not been great recently: not ever going to happen.
There was a Romanian and Belgium journalist saying that. Saying that Genk are also in financial trouble so need as much £ as possible and were selling talent and looking at more experienced players and homegrown players

We are in the driving seat having a formal agreement and presumably a contract with his club. The only way we don’t get him if we want him is if he decides not to join. Therefore, with Gerrard as manager and all of the positives we have to sell us, we need to ensure the guy loves it at the club and wants to stay. It looks like he is already well down that path.

A night like Thursday will probably have sold Hagi on the move more than any other single factor.

European football, 50,000 adoring fans, fantastic atmosphere - he’s not getting any of that at West Ham.

Safest bet would be to find him a girlfriend in Glasgow so he can settle for life somewhere near Ibrox, baby.

Ffs. Now the romanian sport sites, that are so "professional" (I saw articles based on FF posts), write that Borussia Dortmund are watching him with the intention to offer him a deal this summer.

Back