West Ham ICF documentary 1985

Marstonbear

Seemed to be more interest than I thought about the Football Factory film. Accordingly, here’s a link to an hour long film shown on ITV in 1985 (uninteresting fact alert - it was one of the first progs I recorded on my VHS recorder which you could set to record one prog at any time, bit shit if u were out all evening or on hols)

Apologies guys looks like Fremantle have got YouTube to block it on copyright issues. Schoolboy error on my part, should have checked first.

By means of compo here’s a link (which definitely works) to the Panorama Millwall film from 1977 - this was scheduled to be an hour long but fire brigade were on strike at the time so half hour was given over to them

Last edited:
We had a thread about the Millwall docu on the old Footymad messageboard - Harry the Dog drunk himself to death, Billy Plummer moves to a town on the coast and committed suicide just before his daughters wedding, Bobby the Wolf (of “dirty Northern ponce” fame) is still with us and attending games.

We had a thread about the Millwall docu on the old Footymad messageboard - Harry the Dog drunk himself to death, Billy Plummer moves to a town on the coast and committed suicide just before his daughters wedding, Bobby the Wolf (of “dirty Northern ponce” fame) is still with us and attending games.
F troop loyal

Just read the book about the policeman who infiltrated Milllwall and then more or less became one of them. That was the basis for the film ID.

The 1977 Millwall one is great, it's got a bit of the Monty Python style about it.

"It was caused by 12 Millwall nutters charging 2000 Tottenham fans, 3 of them ended up in court, 1 in hospital".

That was brilliant.

"Harry the Dog launched an unsuccessful solo attack on the Bristol end"!! :D

And Treatment wearing surgical masks on their heads!

Seen it before....not a bad docu and some noted faces appear and quality fight footage of west 'aaam in action v Millwall Man U and others

Last edited:
As this has been a theme the last two nights there were also some great paperbacks written at the time.
Rolling with the 657
Guvnors
Naughty
Congratulations you’ve just met the ICF
Blades Business Crew
To name a few!

In the late 70s/early 80s there was a mini-series about notable, for one reason or another, football clubs.
We had one programme to ourselves. Another was about the Cairo derby and the passions it aroused. A third was split between Derry City and Millwall and I think that there was a fourth.
No idea what it was called and have never been able to find any of the programmes. Anyone any idea

As this has been a theme the last two nights there were also some great paperbacks written at the time.
Rolling with the 657
Guvnors
Naughty
Congratulations you’ve just met the ICF
Blades Business Crew
To name a few!
Read Blades Business Crew, worked in a pub in Sheffield early 2000’s and a couple of the regulars got mentioned in it! Including, unsurprisingly, a guy nicknamed ‘Clink’.

Seemed to be more interest than I thought about the Football Factory film. Accordingly, here’s a link to an hour long film shown on ITV in 1985 (uninteresting fact alert - it was one of the first progs I recorded on my VHS recorder which you could set to record one prog at any time, bit shit if u were out all evening or on hols)

Apologies guys looks like Fremantle have got YouTube to block it on copyright issues. Schoolboy error on my part, should have checked first.

By means of compo here’s a link (which definitely works) to the Panorama Millwall film from 1977 - this was scheduled to be an hour long but fire brigade were on strike at the time so half hour was given over to them

Thanks for posting, always good to get something different to watch in the current lockdown!

ive Never understood why these hooligan/casuals type groups are liked by so many. They ruined football for many folks but again I don’t get folks who are into gangsters like ferris as they are scumbags too.

I get the interest in it looking at it as a dark time and understanding the sociology and politics if it all but I certainly don’t see it as a great time in football history or wish there you be a return to it. Certainly wouldn’t put these guys on pedestals

I remember this documentary, but I didn't know the aftermath of them, cheers.

ive Never understood why these hooligan/casuals type groups are liked by so many. They ruined football for many folks but again I don’t get folks who are into gangsters like ferris as they are scumbags too.

I get the interest in it looking at it as a dark time and understanding the sociology and politics if it all but I certainly don’t see it as a great time in football history or wish there you be a return to it. Certainly wouldn’t put these guys on pedestals

Interesting post.

I think it's like any gang mentality with having to belong to something and gangs usually had a hierarchy to which you had to prove yourself. Football certainly gave that premise. Working-class (before casuals). a cause and a trip around the country every other Saturday.

Like click here n grab it to watch it.....

;)

Last edited:
I can remember a programme on the radio away back early 70s, must have been about a year after Barcelona. This was on a serious newscast, probably radio 4 and they were talking about football violence.
Different teams were mentioned and how big were the 'crews' who got involved. If I remember correctly they would have been have been 50/200 getting mentioned, and the interviewer says and "are these the largest we are talking about".
This was the bit that always stuck in my mind,"Well you have Glasgow Rangers and you are probably talking about 30,000, everyone gets involved."

Reactions: SSR
Back