West Ham kiosk pricing

Because there's no boozers close to the ground a lot of folk go over a couple of hours before ko and get a few beers either inside the stadium or at the beer stalls inside the ground perimeter.

It's not like up here where folk are crammed into pubs til the last minute before heading up to the game, a tad more civilised.
They maybe don’t do it for League matches but I went last season v City in League Cup and I’m sure there was some special offer on the booze, something like a pint for £6 up to an hour before kick off? Can’t have been a fiver like, must have been £6.

Out of interest how long would it take from the Wetherspoons on Stratford Broadway to the Stadium entrance on foot? I lived in Maryland in 2008 and couldn’t believe how much the main Stratford area had changed when I went back last year.

It's fine if you can get in but we were there at the Villa game last season and it was members only
I've been in there a couple of times before when Luton played at Burnley in 1998 and 99..........in all honesty the bouncer on the door said we're not allowed to let away fans in, but he relented when I told him we were just a couple of old gits and the partnered couple with us were just normal regular Luton football fans..............he said 'on you go I'll take a chance' .........when I later bought him a pint he said we were welcome there anytime lol and went in after the game no problem.

I've been in there a couple of times before when Luton played at Burnley in 1998 and 99..........in all honesty the bouncer on the door said we're not allowed to let away fans in, but he relented when I told him we were just a couple of old gits and the partnered couple with us were just normal regular Luton football fans..............he said 'on you go I'll take a chance' .........when I later bought him a pint he said we were welcome there anytime lol and went in after the game no problem.
I think it was mobbed the game we were at as it was the second last home game of the season. We are also a couple of old gits and weren't away fans but they still wouldn't go for it.

I even tried the bit where my grandad was a miner from Accy many years ago but they still wouldn't go for it :D

They maybe don’t do it for League matches but I went last season v City in League Cup and I’m sure there was some special offer on the booze, something like a pint for £6 up to an hour before kick off? Can’t have been a fiver like, must have been £6.

Out of interest how long would it take from the Wetherspoons on Stratford Broadway to the Stadium entrance on foot? I lived in Maryland in 2008 and couldn’t believe how much the main Stratford area had changed when I went back last year.
Tbh I don't know the area,

Any time I've been we've always went drinking in Bethnal Green or St Pancras, straight to Stratford tube/railway station and walked thru the shopping mall.

About 10 minutes, but I walk quite quickly

Nonsense. Stayed in London for 4 days in June and got pints for 4.50 in Greenwich and a fiver in Shoreditch. Central London wine bars are going to be pricey but it’s a myth that every pint in London is that dear.
Plenty of pubs Kings Cross way for starters you can drink for under £4.

Went to Arsenal v Brighton last season and I think it was £6.30 for a pint, London ripping the arse right out of it as per

The stadium looks horrendous, feel sorry for the West Ham fans having that as their home , it did look closer to the goals yesterday mind you

£7+ is not London prices. It’s Kensington prices. You can easily get a pint for under £6.

Charging football fans that for a pint is ridiculous, seeing that spurs were £6-6.50 when I was there for the NFL.

I think it’s a bit different from high prices at a gig as football is a frequent expense fans have to pay to go along to see their team, not a ticket every few months. It should be subsidised if you have a season ticket IMO.
You can still get a reasonably priced pint in some spoons in London.

Back