West Ham reportedly in for Bassey Exwhuemployee

Money wise maybe, I'd take west ham and their real, non tourist, fans any day.
There's a few clubs in this world that, for me, have, with the help of UEFA I might add, totally ruined football, Man U being one!
When will FFP be enforced?
West Ham has so many tourists mate. Not like Man United but was still very noticeable when I was there.

20 million to west ham. 20% sell on.

Man u stumble along 2 years later and buy him for 75m

15m to us.

Yes I've had a few cans....

Not surprised there's interest in Bassey! Made a good bit of money this season, Aribo and Kamara likely to move on, its going to take a massive bid for us to sell him, he'll he here another season.

A new contract must be a priority

IMO we need to be patient when bids start coming in for him as there will have been a lot of managers watching on Wednesday night and being impressed with Bassey. Not only with his play but also his attitude. When he slipped and gifted the ball to the Eintracht player, most defenders would have given up on getting back in, but Bassey somehow managed to chase back and get in a challenge.

I said this in another thread. Nathan Patterson’s transfer has set the benchmark for transfers. Bassey is a better player perhaps and has shown his stuff in a major European competition. If it’s not 20m plus we are talking for these talents it’s going to be an insulting offer
Can't see us taking anything less unless he has a release clause in his current contract.

Bassey has to be attracting attention given the quality of his performances in the Europa run and the final itself. Realistically, there should be a queue of clubs desperate to sign him and a top dollar transfer fee should be easily secured.

Every player has his price and the much vaunted player trading model needs to start in earnest this summer.

£148.75m

I punched the numbers myself on Wednesday night after the match while walking back to the car from the Estadio La Cartuja. Couldn’t believe my luck to find a calculator just lying there on the street! Anyway, that’s the figure it gave me.

Wilson is the most relaxed guy on the planet mate.

I'm convinced he's using they big heat lamps from the pitch for a grow somewhere in his office so he can be relaxed 24/7.
He better be lining up some decent replacements for those seemingly exiting the club.

£25m and we will talk.

It's inevitable that clubs will be in for him.

Will be gutted to see him go in the summer. But this has to be our model.

I won't begrudge him a move to EPL though and to be back in London if that's what happens.
I’m my opinion we should be keeping him, he is our player until 2024 so unless a crazy off double the amount you mention he need to stay and even a crazy offer should be rejected if our manager needs to keep him

£148.75m

I punched the numbers myself on Wednesday night after the match while walking back to the car from the Estadio La Cartuja. Couldn’t believe my luck to find a calculator just lying there on the street! Anyway, that’s the figure it gave me.
Half an hour and nobody said it yet… bet you were hoping for somebody to deliver the punchline before now.

All this talk about interest in Bassey.
Now apparently… we may have a replacement lined up.

Cedric feckin’ Kipre.
I hope this rumor is just exactly that.
Rumour.

Wasn’t he the one that crippled Ryan Jack?

One of my German colleagues (Bayern fan) phoned me on Thursday morning and said he was mega impressed by Bassey. Hard not to be with the shift he put in. He will have got himself noticed worldwide after that final.

Haven’t read the whole thread, this might have been covered earlier.

“French publication Homme Du Match claimed in the aftermath of the Europa League showpiece that Premier League newcomers Fulham are interested in the versatile Nigeria defender and tabled an offer of four million euros to test Rangers resolve to keep hold of the 22-year-old.”

Im interested in shagging carol Vorderman and have tabled an offer of a two night stay at the Raddison Blu to test her resolve.
French gimps.

All this talk about interest in Bassey.
Now apparently… we may have a replacement lined up.

Cedric feckin’ Kipre.
I hope this rumor is just exactly that.
Rumour.

Wasn’t he the one that crippled Ryan Jack?

If thats the calibre of player we sign this summer it will be time to start asking questions as to what exactely the board are doing with our money.

I suspect anything north of 20 million will buy you anyone in our squad. Bassey is probably likely to attract the most attention. Just set our stall out early. It's a long summer. I've a feeling that we'll lose 6 or 7 of our match day squad. Maybe more.

Club need to be firm and let it be known that we won’t be entertaining offers under 25m and that if anybody does want him it must be done by first week of July. We can’t afford to stumble into these qualifiers with uncertainty

£148.75m

Half an hour and nobody said it yet… bet you were hoping for somebody to deliver the punchline before now.
OK…

You found the Seville calculator! :cool:

25 million is money from 10 years ago. Our fans keep low balling.

If he were to go so soon, start TALKING, at 40 and let them fight each other up the way (no limits)

Don’t believe the story though.
It's mental we have fans that think we should or would reject a 25M offer for one of our players that we signed for free.

It's mental we have fans that think we should or would reject a 25M offer for one of our players that we signed for free.
Absolutely.

There’s some truly mental valuations on here. When we do inevitably sell one or two of our assets there’s going to be threads filled with raging bears.

If a club has a cheque for £25million they could choose absolutely any player they want in Scottish football.

Nathan Patterson was sold for a reported £11.5 million, with add-ons potentially taking that to £16 million.

Bassey is a full back from the same club, trading in the same market (Scotland to England), and both players have started international careers, but there are significant differences.

• Bassey is a better athlete - taller, stronger, and more physically developed
• Bassey is more versatile, able to play centre half as well as full back
• Bassey counts as a home grown player in England, having come through the youth system at Leicester
• Bassey is an established first team regular, who has starred against top European opposition all the way to the Europa League final.

That all adds up to a significant premium for me. Certainly north of £16 million, perhaps over £20 million. But there’s another factor emerging: it looks like more than one club interested in buying him, with Fulham and Villa mentioned, as well as West Ham. In any market, that should drive up the price.

Nathan Patterson was sold for a reported £11.5 million, with add-ons potentially taking that to £16 million.

Bassey is a full back from the same club, trading in the same market (Scotland to England), and both players have started international careers, but there are significant differences.

• Bassey counts as a home grown player in England, having come through the youth system at Leicester
• Bassey is an established first team regular, who has starred against top European opposition all the way to the Europa League final.

That all adds up to a significant premium for me. Certainly north of £16 million, perhaps over £20 million. But there’s another factor emerging: it looks like more than one club interested in buying him, with Fulham and Villa mentioned, as well as West Ham. In any market, that should drive up the price.

Let’s hope so. Wouldn’t be surprised if there were German or Italian clubs looking in too. Said that after Leipzig away. He’d be a monster in the Bundesliga.

Bassey is better than Hickey (Bologna) and Ramsay (Aberdeen) who Italian clubs have been looking at.

With all those factors combined we should be looking for a Scottish record fee or very close to it

We didn't get him for free , the price you pay doesn't correlate to the price you sell at. If a few EPL sides are interested the price goes up too . 30m should be about where we start

No idea. I dont stay in Hamilton, and haven’t been in the Vaults for more than ten years.
Last time I was in was after Accies clinched promotion at Montrose. I went for the banter and the pitch invasion and ended up back there at the same time as the team brought in the trophy. That must be a while ago too. 15 years?

With all those factors combined we should be looking for a Scottish record fee or very close to it
Well, the flip side is you could argue Everton overpaid for Patterson - certainly since they’ve hardly played him in a year. But then, that’s what Premier League clubs do. Bassey should be wary of a move like that - I’m sure he expects first team football wherever he goes.

Also, there’s an age difference I didn’t mention because it didn’t fit my argument: Bassey is two years older than Patterson (one year older than when Patterson got his move). I don’t know what difference that makes, if any.

Lastly, and I wish this weren’t the case, black players are more likely to be undervalued.

I still think Bassey’s likely to go for at least £20 million.

If true will be hard to stand in his was. Personally he's the sort of player we need to build our future on, young and outstandingly fit, so would like to see us offer him new contract and decent money. However, we know the EPL £ is vast compared to what we offer.

Bassey should be valued higher than the equivalents being bought in the Championship based on what you posted above. Not Patterson.

He is easily north of £20m and heading into the range of £25m - 30m from add ons plus a significant sell on percentage

Back