West Ham reportedly in for Bassey Exwhuemployee

Last time I was in was after Accies clinched promotion at Montrose. I went for the banter and the pitch invasion and ended up back there at the same time as the team brought in the trophy. That must be a while ago too. 15 years?
Try 21 years!

First time I discovered helicopters could deliver league trophies!

I’ve been in the Vaults more recently than that. But I thought it was more of a Celtic pub now?

If Bassey has a relapse clause then we have fcked this spectacularly

Where is this coming from ?

If a release / trigger clause was the cost of doing business it’s a necessary evil.

We get players like Aribo for a few seasons and hopefully turn a multi-million pound profit.

It’s a písser, but if we hadn’t agreed to the player’sdemands, they’d most likely just go elsewhere/ extend with their club.

If a release / trigger clause was the cost of doing business it’s a necessary evil.

We get players like Aribo for a few seasons and hopefully turn a multi-million pound profit.

It’s a písser, but if we hadn’t agreed to the player’sdemands, they’d most likely just go elsewhere/ extend with their club.
You see it even at the very top level, like what City have had to do to get Haaland.

Hopefully we don’t have that in Bassey’s contract right enough.

You just know these wasters will come in with a derogatory £10-15m to test the water when he was the best player in a Europa League final. He's easily worth £25m upwards. It makes absolutely no fkn difference what league he's playing in, if he's the standout player in a Europa League final and he's playing for a Barcelona you know he's not going for anything less than £30m.
Rumours Fulham offered £3.5m! :mad:

If true, I always feel anything that derisory should automatically see the club banned from any further negotiations.

Assuming there’s no buy out clause, the club will have a price in mind.

Anyone interested should be told upfront what that is and that we won’t accept anything below it.

He’s under contract for another two years so the ball is very much in our court at the moment.

If the rumours are true and there are 4 premiership clubs + 2 overseas clubs in for him then the money is going to be massive!!

Assuming there are no transfer clauses in the contract, it should smash through £20m. What that would do for our rebuild budget is considerable!!

I absolutely love the big man though, he plays with his heart. Big summer, can’t wait for the transfer thread!!

It's mental we have fans that think we should or would reject a 25M offer for one of our players that we signed for free.

What difference does what we signed him for make? In two seasons we have turned him into an internationalist, a top class left back and centre back, one capable of mixing it with elite players in Europe and being the best player on the pitch in a European final.

Add to that his homegrown status for any English club and we should be looking for more than they received for Tierney, who they also got for 'free'.

For the price some ‘average’ players are going for down south, those talking £20m are vastly undervaluing him. This is a player who isn’t just cutting it in the poorly esteemed SPL but has shone consistently against top European opposition. Correspondingly his value should be so much higher as his performances against top players means his purchase would not be speculative.

Last edited:
Club need to be firm and let it be known that we won’t be entertaining offers under 25m and that if anybody does want him it must be done by first week of July. We can’t afford to stumble into these qualifiers with uncertainty
Absolutely.

With Goldson going, this with Bassey and who knows else, we better have some decent players lined up for replacements coming in before the CL qualifiers. Failing to make the CL group stage wipes out any fee should Bassey move and some.

This "X player went for Y so Z player has to be worth more" chat is tiresome. There are far more variables to consider than just simply spouting how much someone else went for.

I'd be happy with anything north of £15 million. Posters in this thread saying 30/40 million are either at it or delusional.

Big Bassey is the type of player we should be making megabucks on, and shouldn't be scared to play hardball over

A great lad who could go to the very top

When you look at the likes of Frankfurt selling players for 50+ mil. There's no reason why we couldn't get at least half of that for Bassey. Yes they operate in a top 5 league, but Bassey has done it consistently in Europe this season, not only done it, but been a stand out.

I don't think £30m should be unrealistic if a few clubs are interested.

Rumours Fulham offered £3.5m! :mad:

If true, I always feel anything that derisory should automatically see the club banned from any further negotiations.

Assuming there’s no buy out clause, the club will have a price in mind.

Anyone interested should be told upfront what that is and that we won’t accept anything below it.

He’s under contract for another two years so the ball is very much in our court at the moment.
Totally agree ban them as it is a severe slap in the face to Rangers. Same with Watford that offered a derisory bid for Borna as well?

And imagine what he would be worth if he could head a ball?

With the number of players who will be leaving it would be preferable he stays, on an improved salary, for another year. If he keeps progressing I doubt we could keep him for longer.

What difference does what we signed him for make? In two seasons we have turned him into an internationalist, a top class left back and centre back, one capable of mixing it with elite players in Europe and being the best player on the pitch in a European final.

Add to that his homegrown status for any English club and we should be looking for more than they received for Tierney, who they also got for 'free'.
And were over the moon with 25M while FF wants to knock back anything below 30M.

I’m never one for over calling the value of our players but genuinely if we do not get a deal worth around £20m for this boy then we are just not doing our job properly
I agree but it needs to be cash upfront.
None of this pishh £6m upfront and then rest in bonus and the likes

Totally agree ban them as it is a severe slap in the face to Rangers. Same with Watford that offered a derisory bid for Borna as well?
This is where all the snide newspaper articles about our finances might have an actual impact if scouts and analysts at these clubs are daft enough to believe them. Initial offers might also just be a stupid amount to see what clubs come in with in response to start seeing where the middle might be.

Bassey is the one player I'd hate to see us lose this summer.

Goldson going doesn't bother me, he doesn't want to be here so let him go but Bassey is relentless and will only improve going forward.

Be gutted to see him go and will need to change my username already lol, But part of me thinks he will sign an extension and be with us for at least another season.
Love the big man my player of the year....

After Wednesday and today

I'd be shocked if we don't receive multiple bids for him in the coming weeks,the boy is tremendous and can go to the very top .

And Tierney is a physical wreck compared to Calvin juggernaut.

Magnificent performance from Bassey today. If he’d scored with that shot in the box after he waltzed past two or three Tarts players it would have been the icing on the cake.

I’ve read a couple of times now we are willing to do a deal at 9m . Surely not ?!??

You are on the wrong websites or reading the wrong newspapers.

Certain "journalists" always undervalue Rangers players and do the opposite for their teams players.

And credit just go to our football department ,who take a bit of stick at times

But they have picked up some amazing players for next to nothing for us in the last couple of seasons

Back