We've had a far better season over all

DazRFC

Lets face it, one of us are going to win the league every other year, but to lift the Scottish Cup after reaching and competing in the Europa League final in the same week for me eclipses their league title this year by some distance.

Not just a case of me trying to convince myself here, it genuinely feels like a far greater achievement even if we only came away with the one domestic trophy in the end.

Amazing to end the season on a high today though and whilst the pain of Wednesday night still lingers on, it's certainly faded a little this afternoon.

We're already a better team than them and I'm hugely confident that we'll get back what belongs to us next season with GVB and a full summer transfer window to come.

WATP

So did the bead rattlers have a better season than us when they lost v Porto in their Seville final and we won the league? Have to say I don't recall making that argument at the time to be perfectly honest.

If we were offered a Europa Final and Scottish Cup Final at the start of the season we'd all be snatching at it.
After finally getting over the hump last season & securing 55? I was hoping to absolutely bury the scum this year & not hand them auto entry into CL groups with all the associated cash boost personally!

After getting over the hump & securing 55? I was hoping to absolutely bury the scum this year & not hand them auto entry into CL groups with all the associated cash boost personally!
Would take Euro glory over anything mate. But I understand the frustration, just take great pleasure in them getting absolutely battered for a few months.

Of course we've had a better season. Only a hate filled bigot or Scottish newspaper reporter would think any different.

Just like how they would have swapped every single cup during their pre10d for last seasons league, they would have swapped the league title for a second chance at glory in Seville.
These are undeniable facts, but watch them squirm and shriek at the light of truth.

Of course we've had a better season. Only a hate filled bigot or Scottish newspaper reporter would think any different.
If the league this year didn't grant the winner the automatic group stage CL money, I would agree with you (basically any other recent season!).

However if for one minute you step back from it all & look at the bigger picture - us winning the league this year could have basically sent the bheasts in the East of Glasgow bankrupt in comparison to us. There is a thread about that on here back at the start of the season. Instead we gave them a life raft, and the consequences of that may only become evident in the next season or two I fear. It is all salvageable however if we can get into the groups ourselves of course, but lets not underestimate the difficulty of those qualifiers in August.

However if for one minute you step back from it all & look at the bigger picture - us winning the league this year could have basically sent the bheasts in the East of Glasgow bankrupt in comparison to us. There is a thread about that on here back salt the start of the season. Instead we gave them a life raft, and the consequences of that may into become evident in the next season or two I fear. It is all salvageable however if we can get into the groups ourselves of course, but lets not underestimate the difficulty of those qualifiers in August.
I certsinly understand where you are coming from in terms of the £££, I was really basing my initial post simply in terms of footballing achievement here.

I think this season will turn out to be more significant than many realise.

Yes, we could have and probably should have won the league, but the run to the final and the income that has generated means that we are in a strong position for the inevitable summer rebuild.

If we hadn’t went as far in Europe and had won the league, there is every possibility we would not be in as strong a position when it comes to selling any assets, and/or handing out contract extensions for those who we want to keep.

I’ve loved this season and although it’s been a rollercoaster, I look at it as a platform to kick on and build a squad that has the strength and depth to compete on all fronts.

The CL money is still achievable and our run in Europe will have ensured we can recruit higher calibre of player.

Back