We've lost the same goal all season

Govanfrnt

Wright doesn't stop the cross, goldson let's it run past him and mcgregor is rooted to his line

Jota goal in oldfirm - Goldson and Tav poor in stopping maedas cross, Barisic and Mcgregor rooted to the spot.

Red star- no pressure on the cross. Morelos Kamara and Goldson fail to read the flight Red star score

Motherwell's in the 2-2 game - Lundstram doesn't stop the cross, mcgregor and goldson ball watching, let it run across and Roberts has a tap in

In the 3-0 old firm loss Tav doesnt stop Hatates cross Goldson let's it run, Mcgrgor and Barisic on their heels and Abada nips in at the back post

I could go on and on with this.

Our wide men need to close that space and stop the cross, more often than not its goldson or Borna letting it run and above all we need a keeper that's able to anticipate the cross and get off his line sharp enough to collect it.

The goals I've mentioned killed us this season. Next year Goldson and Mcgregor won't be there so let's stop making the same mistakes and we'll maybe win a few more games.

Last edited:
Wright doesn't stop the cross, goldson let's it run past him and mcgregor is rooted to his line

Leipzig- Tav doesnt stop the cross Nkunu gets there before Goldson

Jota goal in oldfirm - Goldson and Tav poor in stopping maedas cross, Barisic and Mcgregor rooted to the spot.

Red star- no pressure on the cross. Morelos Kamara and Goldson fail to read the flight Red star score

Motherwell's in the 2-2 game - Lundstram doesn't stop the cross, mcgregor and goldson ball watching, let it run across and Roberts has a tap in

In the 3-0 old firm loss Tav doesnt stop Hatates cross Goldson let's it run, Mcgrgor and Barisic on their heels and Abada nips in at the back post

Our wide men need to close that space and stop the cross, more often than not its goldson or Borna letting it run and above all we need a keeper that's able to anticipate the cross and get off his line sharp enough to collect it.

The goals I've mentioned killed us this season. Next year Goldson and Mcgregor won't be there so let's stop making the same mistakes and we'll maybe win a few more games.
Take the Leipzig one out of your argument and you’ve got a winner.
There are plenty more to pick from.

Arfield hasnt been able to get across quickly enough to block it, it's been missed by Balogun and Goldson and Nkunu has been first to react.

Not sure what's hilarious about out inability to stop the ball being fired across our box
It was an outrageous cross and about as good a finish as you will see, it happens TBH

It’s so removed from the context of the tone you are wanting to run with

You’re seriously suggesting that McGregor leaves his line for a ball 6 to 9 inches from Goldson’s left foot ?

Aye OK.
I'm not suggesting mcgregor come out for the goal last night. Last night was on Wright and goldson. I'm saying it's similar to.previous goals we've conceded where mcgregor has been at fault as well as the player who stopped the cross and defender failing to intercept

I'm not suggesting mcgregor come out for the goal last night. Last night was on Wright and goldson. I'm saying it's similar to.previous goals we've conceded where mcgregor has been at fault as well as the player who stopped the cross and defender failing to intercept

I wasn’t disagreeing with you mate. My comment was to RTP.

Wright and Kamara are in that area when they take the throw in,Wright had to get closer to Kostic,he gives him too much space to cross.
Goldson slide in and clear,take some responsibility,Bassey switches off for a split second.
Mistakes all round.

It was an outrageous cross and about as good a finish as you will see, it happens TBH

It’s so removed from the context of the tone you are wanting to run with
I'm happy to take that goal out and replace it with Ross county's 1st in the 3-3 game. Tav fails to stop cross, mcgregor fails to deal with it, drops it and white scores.

I get Angelino was far deeper when he crossed the ball but I feel my point still stands that far too often our wide men are not stopping the cross coming in.

Arfield hasnt been able to get across quickly enough to block it, it's been missed by Balogun and Goldson and Nkunu has been first to react.

Not sure what's hilarious about out inability to stop the ball being fired across our box
It wasn't fired across the box against Leipzig. That's one of the best balls in I've seen to be honest. Nkunku got all the plaudits but the pass was unbelievable.

I'm a big fan of Goldson but he actively stops himself from making contact with the ball at the near post. Other than being worried about an own goal, what the hell was he thinking?

The annoying thing is I felt we were dealing much better with crosses into our box. Much better than previous games. We were getting our headers in and clearing the danger.
But whether it was mental fatigue or whatever, it was such a poor goal to lose.

Leipzig- Tav doesnt stop the cross Nkunu gets there before Goldson

Teams are going to score from crosses mate.

Last nights was avoidable but some aren’t

When this team let a low cross come in its heart in the mouth stuff and a lot of the time leads to a goal we just cant cope with it.

This! It almost looks like he intentionally leaves it thinking Bassey is behind him. Put your foot through it and clear the danger
Think Bassey should be backing him up is wrong IMO. If the cross goes long Bassey's on the wrong side of their man. Bassey probably thought, no way he lets that go past him.

This! It almost looks like he intentionally leaves it thinking Bassey is behind him. Put your foot through it and clear the danger
He was rank rotten the whole game,his long passes went to no one either out the park or given away to the other team,he is leaving anyway but will be remembered for the terrible defending at their goal rather than what he has contributed to the team in his time here.

Last night is on Goldson. No one else.

He's a centre back for %^*& sake who couldn't deal with a ball 6 inches from his boot with no opposition player near him.

Clear the ball and reset for the throw or corner but for %^*& sake don't allow the ball across your own 6 yard box knowing your GK does not come and knowing your left back is honking at picking up back post runners.

Spot on OAH.

The other thing. I don’t remember them winning the ball in the air once on corners in our box. The risk in giving it away was minimal.
I've not suggested mcgregor should have came for the goal last night and I've not mentioned corners as that's a complete seperate issue to the one discussing which is unchallenged cross balls

It’s quite astonishing some of the goals people with a clear agenda have tried to blame on McGregor this season.

Yes he has made mistakes and isn’t as good as he once was but some of the shite I’ve read about him is embarrassing.
Barry I've not said mcgregor should have came for that last night. Read the post

It’s quite astonishing some of the goals people with a clear agenda have tried to blame on McGregor this season.

Yes he has made mistakes and isn’t as good as he once was but some of the shite I’ve read about him is embarrassing.

Totally agree Barry.

There’s no doubt he’s cost us a few goals, some of them vital, and maybe he has stayed on one season too many, but the guy has been an absolute legend for us.

Him & Goram are up there as the greatest I’ve seen in the last 50 plus years.

Every one was blaming goldson but McGregor again rooted to his line. Wait to you see the difference of Saturday on defending these.

If Goldson knows his keeper is rooted to his line(and let's be honest, we ALL know McGregor wasn't coming off his line) then the idea that he lets the ball run past him and into the danger zone is absolutely bonkers

It's his ball. There's no argument to be made. Just clear your fúcking lines. It's not rocket science.

I'm happy to take that goal out and replace it with Ross county's 1st in the 3-3 game. Tav fails to stop cross, mcgregor fails to deal with it, drops it and white scores.

I mean if a keeper drops a ball at a players feet a team will lose a goal aye.

In reality we had reduced that cross down to a pretty manageable effort, evidenced by the fact the keeper had, caught it, kind of but then dropped it.

I've not suggested mcgregor should have came for the goal last night and I've not mentioned corners as that's a complete seperate issue to the one discussing which is unchallenged cross balls

Mate, I’ve already replied to you telling you I wasn’t replying to your point, in fact I agree with your point.

Simply, people on the thread blaming McGregor are way out of line.

My point about the corner was, we had pretty much won every header at their corners, so for Goldson to simply knock that cross behind would have been the professional & right thing to do.

Back