What’s happening to our country

The result of a long premeditated campaign to discredit the club/supports along with a strategy of dignified silence

We are fair game to all and the level of hatred especially from non old firm supporters is getting worse

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Moved to England in 75 I was 8 years old......Now I'm near retirement age always wanted to move back to Scotland but unfortunately I can never see this happening......A real shame as I love playing golf, dog walking and mountain biking....

I had a guy in work ask me if he'd be safe, as an Englishman, visting Scotland as he fancied going to The Highlands. How sad is that? The SNP are destroying the image and good name of Scotland and it's getting more and more out of control.

Since I started following Rangers as a kid in the late 90s I learned very quickly that there was a deep hatred from other clubs towards us however, this seemed to be kept to stadiums and pub chat amongst rival fans with a bit of banter.

This season in particular with the clear media bias and the general feeling that Rangers as a club and us as supporters are easy game for anyone that wants to take a pop. We’ve even heard people justifying racism against Morelos with claims that he brings it on himself... in a country that claims to be the most inclusive with in our island!

Then I read the other day about “loyalist supporters” that are planning to protest against an IRA march... surely right minded people don’t want murder being glorified on our streets??
In the same article it puts the OO and the organisers of the march in the same bracket as “sectarian organisations”
How can an organisation that is Christian based and have no history of its members in scotland being involved in sectarian offences when on parade be openly likened to thugs who are marching for the Real IRA (that murdered a young journalist within the last year btw) without anyone in the media actually saying well wait a minute, these are two completely different types of organisations...

Since the SNP got into power and began their decisive agenda, this country has got more bitter every year. I dread to think what kind of country my son is going to grow up in as a Unionist Rangers supporter?

There seems no stopping it as well... the worse they perform on important issues, the more power they seem to get!?!

The OO is literally a sectarian organisation. Their members take an obligation to never marry a Roman Catholic ffs!

I don't hold back anymore. Get into their faces with facts. They don't like it. I stopped drinking with guys in the pub as well that have anything to do with them. You'll feel better if you let them know they support an organisation that hid a pedo ring for four decades. They stutter and slink away into their shell. WATP

There is maybe as many as one million Scots living and working in the UK outside of Scotland.
They haven't emigrated and they haven't abandoned the country (Scotland) of their birth.
Instead, they have moved around the country (The UK) that is the defacto political entity that forms our economic reality.
These Scots working for the private sector and often for the public sector have moved in relation to the demands of their employment which being British based companies do not recognise any borders in the UK.
These Scots contribute tax into the pot which benefits all of the UK including of course Scotland.

A good example of locating to another part of the UK is to be found with Scottish Westminster MP's who have to relocate to London to properly fulfil their work demands.
Yet the SNP refuse to allow such Scots to have a say in their own core identity if there is another referendum.
In direct contrast, Britons who found themselves working within the EU in much the same circumstances were graciously allowed to have a democratic voice in the 2016 referendum.

Why is there no appetite in the Scottish MSM to make a case for these Scots who are being disenfranchised unfairly and with extreme prejudice by a party who claim to represent the Scottish people?

Last edited:
Several times in the last couple of years I met new folk at work and get on fine with them. Then they find out I'm a Rangers supporter and eventually tell me that I'm not like other Rangers supporters. The Rangers supporters they know are arseholes, shaven headed knuckle scrapers. I tell them I'm exactly like every Bear I know, that everyone in my part of Ibrox is perfectly normal.

I ask who are these arsehole Rangers supporters they have met. There is no answer. Indeed, they fail to comprehend that our office has many bears, albeit not ST holders. But their perception is maintained because the media tells them this is how it is. They just decide I'm an exception. I can think of no other reason. These are not fhilth fans btw. Indeed, the bheggars I know seem to understand us better than other folk who have little interest in football.

In fairness, when I moved to the east coast many years ago I became much more vocal in my support of Rangers, purely because I found there was less bitterness here than in the west, so it was easier to wear my colours on my sleeve. However, I now find that bitterness is worse than ever and usually from fans of smaller clubs

The Scottish press has a lot to do with the demonising of Rangers.

because years ago the mentally challengeds infiltrated every position of power while we sat on our erchies and did nothing and they done it well
Unionists in Scotland didn't pay attention to it happening in Northern Ireland as soon as the troubles came to an "end" which has allowed them to do the same here.
The working class ethic might be something to be proud of but they've targeted positions of influence and power and guaranteed blind support to whichever party turns a blind eye to their actions.
Unionist support is scattered across parties in Scotland whilst Nationalists/Republicans vote for one party only. That won't change until people waking up which after the last election doesn't look any time soon.
You should never have to tactically vote in a democracy but we now have no choice.

There is maybe as many as one million Scots living and working in the UK outside of Scotland.
They haven't emigrated and they haven't abandoned the country (Scotland) of their birth.
Instead, they have moved around the country (The UK) that is the defacto political entity that forms our economic reality.
These Scots working for the private sector and often for the public sector have moved in relation to the demands of their employment which being British based companies do not recognise any borders in the UK.

A good example of locating to another part of the UK is to be found with Scottish Westminster MP's who have to relocate to London to properly fulfil their work demands.
Yet the SNP refuse to allow such Scots to have a say in their own core identity if there is another referendum.
In direct contrast, Britons who found themselves working within the EU in much the same circumstances were graciously allowed to have a democratic voice in the 2016 referendum.

Why is there no appetite in the Scottish MSM to make a case for these Scots who are being disenfranchised unfairly and with extreme prejudice by a party who claim to represent the Scottish people?

Good point mate. Living in England I couldn't vote in the last referendum, yet if it had gone the other way I was effectively going to be a foreigner in my own country. They know most Scots living in the rest of the UK would vote no so that's why we were stopped, even though they said we'd be classed as Scottish nationals at independence. My life would've been drastically altered and I had no say in the matter. And yet Poles, Australians, Czechs etc, who were possibly only in Scotland for a few short years, were allowed to vote. That sums up the SNP.

We are guilty (and I include myself in this) of sleepwalking into the situation we're in.

Our (I know not everyone is religiously minded but it's a cultural thing) Presbyterian outlook prevents us from being the selfish, vindictive, easily led, always offended never embarassed type that the church of Rome cult produces.

Throw in the once, mainly Protestant minded, rightish, SNP turning into a Scottiish Sinn Fein lite who prostitute themsleves to attract the 'kafflik vote' and you can see where we are going.

With regards to our football team and support the natzi cult are setting the narrative in the media, basically Rangers = bad, everyone else = good, especially the repugnant, child abusing cockroaches from the East End of Glasgow.

Imagine anywhere in the world having a child abuse enquiry and not including sports institutions or Churches. That is beyond sinister.

I have said before I'm nearing the 'end of my career' in life and have never felt so depressed about being a British Scot. The country I was so proud of growing up has gone thanks to the influence of Rome and a so called political party who are determind to turn Scotland into a cult run, freedom of thought and choice denied banana republic.

God bless the Queen, the Union and Rangers.

WATP

Easily the best post I’ve ever read on here.

Well said Sir, and No Surrender.

Unionists in Scotland didn't pay attention to it happening in Northern Ireland as soon as the troubles came to an "end" which has allowed them to do the same here.
The working class ethic might be something to be proud of but they've targeted positions of influence and power and guaranteed blind support to whichever party turns a blind eye to their actions.
Unionist support is scattered across parties in Scotland whilst Nationalists/Republicans vote for one party only. That won't change until people waking up which after the last election doesn't look any time soon.
You should never have to tactically vote in a democracy but we now have no choice.
Once we go down the road of Unionist and Nationalist parties whilst diminishing the rest of the democratic field to bystanders, how far away will be from a full-on Ulster scenario?
The implications after that might well be a full-on civil war.
The SNP are quite simply the single worst thing to happen to Scotland and the Scottish people in 300 years.

This cesspit is run by those fathered/mothered by bams, who then spit out more bams etc, etc. until the whole country is full of bams - an SNP utopia.

This one bastion of learning and innovation is feckin doomed. I have told my two daughters to run as soon as they can.

Certainly not, but theres no doubt he's the one who got the nats to where they are today.

He played the ordinary man in the street well. Liking the football and enjoying a punt at the races, but people bought into it and now they dont need him anymore.

Beg to differ he’s the one that lost them the referendum. Most woman couldn’t/ can’t stand him for a start. He turned people who had been on the fence into voting no. He’s a bawbag.

I don't think it is particularly confusing - one of the things that Better Together campaigned on was that if Scotland left the UK they wouldn't be able to remain a member of the EU (how important a detail that was in the Indyref is up for debate).

Geographically, Scotland as a nation voted with a large majority to remain party of the EU and were outvoted by the rest of the UK as a result we are leaving.

I think for anyone to think that this will not have a bearing (I don't think it's enough on it's own) on attitudes towards Scotland leaving the UK is allowing their own political bias to cloud their judgement.

If yes had won we would have been out the eu anyway. Nobody ever points that out to them.

The SNP are poison. They have divided families and friends and Scotland is a poorer place because of their existence. Given the abject failure of the SNP to govern properly, and the statistics proving their incompetence in all areas such as finance, health and education why do the Scottish people keep voting for them? I just don’t get it.
It will only get worse if they were granted another referendum. Imagine thinking 2 million voters should just accept that your vote meant zilch in 2014.
they have nothing but divisive tactics and its ruined this country

We are guilty (and I include myself in this) of sleepwalking into the situation we're in.

Our (I know not everyone is religiously minded but it's a cultural thing) Presbyterian outlook prevents us from being the selfish, vindictive, easily led, always offended never embarassed type that the church of Rome cult produces.

Throw in the once, mainly Protestant minded, rightish, SNP turning into a Scottiish Sinn Fein lite who prostitute themsleves to attract the 'kafflik vote' and you can see where we are going.

With regards to our football team and support the natzi cult are setting the narrative in the media, basically Rangers = bad, everyone else = good, especially the repugnant, child abusing cockroaches from the East End of Glasgow.

Imagine anywhere in the world having a child abuse enquiry and not including sports institutions or Churches. That is beyond sinister.

I have said before I'm nearing the 'end of my career' in life and have never felt so depressed about being a British Scot. The country I was so proud of growing up has gone thanks to the influence of Rome and a so called political party who are determind to turn Scotland into a cult run, freedom of thought and choice denied banana republic.

God bless the Queen, the Union and Rangers.

WATP
Your third and fifth paragraphs are particularly spot on in my opinion.

I'm also seeing families increasingly split and polarised to no ones benefit. Does the SNP care? Does it fck.

Where this all ends increasingly worries and angers me and I ain't young.

Rational thought is suspended in this nationalist dreamworld. No criticism by the media etc etc. Self-congratulatory hype that will inevitably lead to a crash. We Scots do that best don't we?

I seriously thinging of moving back to Scotland, having recently retired after 25years living in England. Some of the comments in this thread have put some doubt in my mind.

I seriously thinging of moving back to Scotland, having recently retired after 25years living in England. Some of the comments in this thread have put some doubt in my mind.
Stay where you are for the moment. The country is now hating each other. Never thought I'd see that.

Beg to differ he’s the one that lost them the referendum. Most woman couldn’t/ can’t stand him for a start. He turned people who had been on the fence into voting no. He’s a bawbag.
Thing is, if it weren't for him there wouldn't even have been a referendum. When Swinney took over, they were fading away, but he came back and got nastier. The fact that they got 45% would have been unthinkable 10 years before.

There’s no way the snp would be getting anywhere near the amount of votes they do without Rangers fans voting for them. We need to get these fans back onside.
Its breathtaking that a place like Larkhall has a decent snp vote share.

If people want to shape their country, then they need to get organised and politicised, because as we witness at present, others are only too willing to do it on their behalf. No point in saying that " ah canny be bothered wi' aw that shite", then wondering why you've been demonised and marginalised in your own country.

I leave on monday. Going to live in England. Ive had enough.
I live in England. And if it wasn’t for my children then I would move back home tomorrow and openly stand against nationalism.
The hardest thing about living down here in recent years is convincing English that not every Scottish person wants to split the Union. I’ve even heard people saying give the English a referendum to get rid of the Scottish.
I’m British and proud and support the best institution in the world. Fck the rest of Scottish football clubs and their supporters. We don’t need them but they would be fcked without us.

The SNP are trying to turn Glasgow into Belfast from the 70s and 80s. Utter scum. Was hoping to move back to Scotland in a few years after being away for the last 15 but can’t see it happening under this regime

If people want to shape their country, then they need to get organised and politicised, because as we witness at present, others are only too willing to do it on their behalf. No point in saying that " ah canny be bothered wi' aw that shite", then wondering why you've been demonised and marginalised in your own country.
This is correct. We need to get organised because if we don’t then this will only grow and get worse.

I'd like to see Devolution revoked after Brexit goes through. It's been a disaster. Hopeless in Northern Ireland, non-descript in Wales and as for Scotland it's a prime example of complete incompetance at all levels.

Multiple people who are proven to be unsuitable. Two examples of many - a onetime leader up in court on a long list of sexual harassment charges...a now justice minister who was stopped in a car by police, whilst transport minister, with no insurance and not surprisingly allowed to go without disciplinary action.

Devolution, because of cronyism and sheer incompetence has proven a failure. Time it was revoked and what is merely a gravy-train stopped in its tracks.

The treatment of an historical institution such as Rangers during this period demonstrates how stark a failure devolution has been allowed to become. A macrocosmic example of directed hate.
Agree with what another poster said, great post

The OO is literally a sectarian organisation. Their members take an obligation to never marry a Roman Catholic ffs!

The Roman Catholic church doesnt recognise marriages outside their church eg marriage to a Protestant in any other christian church. They insist on sending their kids to segregated schools so that they can indoctrinate them in the "one true faith". I guess you see that church as sectarian? Why then would the OO encourage members to join such an organisation?

I'd like to see Devolution revoked after Brexit goes through. It's been a disaster. Hopeless in Northern Ireland, non-descript in Wales and as for Scotland it's a prime example of complete incompetance at all levels.

Multiple people who are proven to be unsuitable. Two examples of many - a onetime leader up in court on a long list of sexual harassment charges...a now justice minister who was stopped in a car by police, whilst transport minister, with no insurance and not surprisingly allowed to go without disciplinary action.

Devolution, because of cronyism and sheer incompetence has proven a failure. Time it was revoked and what is merely a gravy-train stopped in its tracks.

The treatment of an historical institution such as Rangers during this period demonstrates how stark a failure devolution has been allowed to become. A macrocosmic example of directed hate.

When jumped town councillors are promoted beyond their talents to become MSP, in order to hide their inadequacies they need to find bogeymen and scapegoats - and unfortunately Rangers FC is an easy virtue signalling target.

Since I started following Rangers as a kid in the late 90s I learned very quickly that there was a deep hatred from other clubs towards us however, this seemed to be kept to stadiums and pub chat amongst rival fans with a bit of banter.

This season in particular with the clear media bias and the general feeling that Rangers as a club and us as supporters are easy game for anyone that wants to take a pop. We’ve even heard people justifying racism against Morelos with claims that he brings it on himself... in a country that claims to be the most inclusive with in our island!

Then I read the other day about “loyalist supporters” that are planning to protest against an IRA march... surely right minded people don’t want murder being glorified on our streets??
In the same article it puts the OO and the organisers of the march in the same bracket as “sectarian organisations”
How can an organisation that is Christian based and have no history of its members in scotland being involved in sectarian offences when on parade be openly likened to thugs who are marching for the Real IRA (that murdered a young journalist within the last year btw) without anyone in the media actually saying well wait a minute, these are two completely different types of organisations...

Since the SNP got into power and began their decisive agenda, this country has got more bitter every year. I dread to think what kind of country my son is going to grow up in as a Unionist Rangers supporter?

There seems no stopping it as well... the worse they perform on important issues, the more power they seem to get!?!
I think an Ulster situation is boiling up in this country and has been for some time.

They underestimate how deeply many feel in support of the Union. If they think it’s as simple as getting a majority then they’re mistaken. Many will not stand for it

Back