What’s our positives to take out tonight?

I thought it went better than expected.

I thought we were well organised for most of it and individually McGregor, King and Goldson had a good game.

We lost 2 goals to a world class free kick and a penalty. Had a couple of half chances here and there where we might have nicked one.

Not really sure what else was expected of us tonight?

McGregor is our number one
Great experience for King
Davies looked good I thought
Sakala had an impact as did Matondo would like to see one or both get minutes
Great post summed things up well.
Would like to see this line up for StMirren
…………….McGregor
Tav Goldson Davies Yilmaz
… ……Jack…Kamara
Sakala…….Tillman……Matondo
……………..Colak

3-1 Rangers

King thrown in the deep end & the lad done ok. McGregor reliable as ever, but surely going forward is we need width on both wings as proven late on at anfield.
Too slow in the middle & have been all season.
We will be better next wk
Despite Liverpool being the vastly superior team it tòk a free kick and a penalty to beat us.We also showed albeit late in the game if we have a go we can get at them.

te!iverpool

We didn’t get skelped. Considering Ajax were taken to the cleaners in Amsterdam 1-6 by Napoli and we held them at Ibrox until Sands ordered off, 0-2 at Anfield was as semi-decent as the same result against Barcelona in the ’00’s.

Defended corners very well they had 13 which is a heavy number so that’s a positive . Probably took the advice of the posters on here eh .

80 minutes for Davies, Goldson played well, Sakala and Matondo looked lively

Big concern is our midfield just now

Couldn't believe he went with that MF tbh. People can say Kent and Tillman make it a four but they were always going to get dragged wide so it became a two. Ryan Jack at least looked sharp and comfortable and wanted the ball in tight areas when he came on.

Davis in particular looked like he just didn't want the ball and when he did get it he looked to get rid ASAP.

I'll even go as far as saying I thought the back 3 and the GK did very well considering the other 7 players in front of them just put them under pressure constantly by turning possession over, poor positioning and no real bite or snapping into tackles.

Sakala and Matondo both looked good but the game had opened up then.

Tbf Liverpool sat in for ten minutes so it's not as if either of them had acres of space to work with. The original front 3 had more space and time to play in than the subs imo.

I thought it went better than expected.

I thought we were well organised for most of it and individually McGregor, King and Goldson had a good game.

We lost 2 goals to a world class free kick and a penalty. Had a couple of half chances here and there where we might have nicked one.

Not really sure what else was expected of us tonight?
We were supposed to do a Brighton don’t you know,go toe to toe against a fwd line that cost more to assemble than our club will spend over twenty years.we watched Leon King with less than ten first team starts under his belt,more than hold his own against that fwd line.

Reactions: TN8
McGregor
King
Davies
Matondo
Goldson looks more assured
We can still finish third.

I don't get the doom and gloom tbh. We were well beaten by a team who have absolutely destroyed the best sides in Europe at that ground. There is no disgrace in it imo. They were too good for us. Simple as that really.

We don’t need to waste shit loads of money we can’t afford on a new contract for Kent.
His time with us is up and he should be punted in Jan to free up money for someone that wants to be here

Back